Chapter Six

When There Was Us.

Junmyeon was up fresh in the morning, today was one of his office days. He slipped right out of bed and walked into the bathroom. He started up his fresh shower and let the warm water ease his muscles.

 

"I am done, Junmyeon! I don't love you anymore. Feelings change, people change!" Kris' words were like venom. Junmyeon's eye swelled with tears.

 

"Just sign the papers." Kris handed over the divorce and custody papers. "Quickly. "

 

Junmyeon hesitantly signed the papers,  taking time with each letter of his name. Kris grabbed his bags and suitcases. He walked out to his car packing all his things with a solid expression.  There is nothing Junmyeon could do. Kris was stepping out of his life after twelve years of being together.

 

Kris took back the papers after they were signed. He looked at the clock and said. "Kids are out of school in a hour, good bye." Kris turned his back to Junmyeon.  He walked out and it took all Junmyeon had not to cry.

 

“Thank you, Irene for taking Taeyeon’s place so last minute.” Junmyeon thanked the young lady at the door before he stepped out for work.

 

Luhan ran up to Irene and took her hand quickly pulling her to the kitchen where the other nine were.

 

"Whoa, be careful with your grip there, little one." Irene said as Luhan pulled her along.

 

"TAE--oh?" Minseok tilted his head and looked at Luhan. "Who?"

 

"Heya, guys! My name is Irene, I am your new babysitter!  I like riding bikes, and reading, cooking, running, singing, watching movies,--"

 

"Do you like shopping?!" Sehun blurted out loudly as he ran up to Irene looking up at her.

 

"Shopping can be fun, I like to go to some of the old thrift markets some times to see all the cool things people want to get rid off, never buy the shoes though, that's kind of gross." She nods softly.

 

"Irene Noona, my name is Minseok and I know you just started here but we have a presentational plan to show you."

 

"Presentation? "

 

"Yes, Luhan will begin." Minseok gestured to Luhan who is now besides him and Luhan hands Irene one of the papers, new and improved written in Kyungsoo's more neat handwriting.  

 

"Yes, well, me and my brothers want to have a super spectacular Christmas party for our appa on Christmas eve. You see our family has had a rough time and Junmyeon- appa, seems to be the one taking it hardest. We want to make him happy again and this time not because of Kris, this time he will be happy because of us. We need you to help us put it together because appa can't take us if it's a surprise to him, you get me?" Luhan explained to Irene who listened carefully to everything the nine year old had to say.

 

"Well, you all are pretty smart for your ages huh? I'll help you, how about each of you get ready and I'll drives us all to the mall?"

 

"The mall!?" Sehun exclaimed.

"I love'd dah mall!" Jongin add and ran up to hug Irene.

 

"How cute, yes, go get dressed!" She ushers them out of the kitchen and follows up the stairs holding Sehun and Jongin's hands.

 

"Irene, should I wear blue or purple?" Baekhyun held up two alike shirts in different colors to show Irene.

 

"Hmm, go with purple, it's a nice shade for you." She nodded in agreement.

 

"What kind of books do you read?" Kyungsoo stood besides her dressed in a sweater and some jeans, looked up at her.

 

"I like romance and comedy books." She smiles.

 

"Oh, did you know kisses aren't really magical?"

 

"I think it depends on who you kiss and how you feel." She answers Kyungsoo back and with this he didn't know how to reply.

 

"-nooma, I gots a cool shirt see? It has a fishie'd on it." Jongin said showing Irene his cool shirt.

 

Jongdae came out of the room dressed in black and white and walked to Irene.  

 

"You talk a lot." Jongdae told her and Tao hit his arm.

 

"Don't be so rud--"

 

"I know, my family and friends tell me all the time. Just kind off something I feel makes me ,me. You know?" She smiled at them both and for the first time in a while Jongdae smiled back.

 

"Let's go!" Sehun yelled and jumped up and down next to Jongin who followed along in the jumping excitement.  

 

"Are we all ready? " Irene took a look at everyone's outfits and nodded. "You guys look good, let's go." She smiles and leads them back down the stairs. Chanyeol hands her the keys to the big van.

 

She has them all put on their shoes and helps them tie them before opening the door and leading them out to the van. She unlocks the door and lets them all in, she straps in Sehun and Jongin to their car seats. "Everyone buckled?" She looks around checking them all before climbing into the driver's seat and starting up the car.

 

She puts on some popular pop songs as they make their way to the mall. After some time they make it to the mall.

 

She parks and turns to look at them. "Okay guys, stay together no splitting up under any circumstances we will get to every store we need to, together." They all nod and she helps them out of the van.

 

She holds their hands as the walk over the street area and into the entrance of the mall. Each of the boys take turns pick stores that seem to be already dressed for the season.

 

They are able to buy some decorations and idea books from a small craft store. It was all going well.

 

Sehun saw a store off in the corner that was fixed up with red and green lighting, toys were on display at the windows,  he stopped in his tracks to observe it a bit more.

 

"Guys--" he turned to look back at his brothers only to find they were no where in sight. "Luhan!?" Sehun looked around frantically his little heart was racing, everyone around him was tall and seemed to just walk past him. He started walking aimlessly as he looked for his family and Irene. "Jongin!?" His tears began to swell up in his eyes.

 

He began to run around until he head someone say his name, it was a deep voice and it was said in a questioning way. He looked up at the man who stood in front of him and began to cry loudly as he reached his hands up to be carried.

 

"I got you, I got you." The man bent over and lifted Sehun up holding him firmly as Sehun buried his face in his shoulder sobbing. He gently rubbed Sehun's back. "You've gotten so tall and heavy."

 

"A-appa, I can't find I-irene." Sehun sobbed his words a little unclear,  Kris gently wiped his tears.

 

"Who, baby? Where is Junmyeon?" Kris spoke sweetly to Sehun.

 

"At at at, work." Sehun hiccuped. "Irene is dah b-babies sitter."

 

"Oh, okay, well let's look together,  okay?" Kris held Sehun up tightly and began to walk with him in his arms as he looked around with Sehun who was constantly wiping his tears with shaky breaths.

 

An hour passed with still no sight of the others. Kris was starting to get annoyed with the crowd, and he looked Sehun.

 

"Hunnie, I am going to take you home, okay? Are you hungry?" Kris asked and Sehun nodded his head.

 

Jongin sipped his cola as they got to the car with shopping bags and drinks. He glanced around, he looked at Luhan talking to Lay and Minseok. Then he looked at Baekhyun, Chanyeol, Kyungsoo, and Jongdae. Tao was besides him. His mouth formed an "o" shape as he gasped getting the attention of Tao.

 

"Wheres'd Sehunnie!?" Tao quickly looked around and his eyes widened with shock.

 

"Guys,  guys, Irene! We lost Sehun!" Irene began to look around and count the boys frantically.  

 

"Oh no no no, we need to find him. Everyone leave your things in the van come on!" Irene quickly put the bags in the Van and locked up as she helped the boys across the street and into the mall once more.

 

They spent two hours looking around before she finally decided to take them all home and call Junmyeon.

 

She was sure she'd never be allowed to babysit them again. She was filled with sadness at this thought,  each boy was wonderful. When they got home Irene sent them to their rooms with everything they had bought and made a call to Junmyeon.

 

He was home in less than ten minutes it seems and he was beyond upset. He called down the boys so he can have a discussion with them.

 

"I called the police and they said they can't come til tomorrow morning. Why weren't any of you paying attention,  especially you! " he pointed a finger to Irene who looked back at Junmyeon with a hurt expression.

 

"We were together, I think Sehun might have wandered..." Lay spoke up.

 

"And!? You all should pay extra attention to Sehun and Jongin they are the youngest! They get curious and then they are gone!" Junmyeon was fuming when doorbell rang. "Damn it." Junmyeon walked across the room and swung open the door.  "What!?"

 

"Sehunnie!" Jongin exclaimed as Kris stepped inside with Sehun.

 

Junmyeon was lost for words at the sight of Kris.

 

"I found Sehun, alone crying at the mall. When I left you with custody I thought you would take care of them not lose them in a shopping mall." Kris spoke sternly.

 

The room had gone silent as the boys watched along with Irene.

 

"Take your hands off my son and don't tell me what I have done wrong when you abandoned them!" Junmyeon took Sehun from Kris and set him down.  

 

"You're just lucky I found him. " Kris spoke coldly and made his move to the door. Sehun ran to Kris and tugged on his hand causing him to turn and look down at Sehun, Kris smiled softly and ruffled his hair before looking at the others still smiling softly and turning once mor leaving, closing the door behind himself.

 

Junmyeon sighed and looked at Irene. "You may go, the rest of you get ready for bed, Sehun you stay here." Irene stood and walk to the door,  she bowed to Junmyeon.

 

"I'm sorry. " with that she saw herself out and the boys ran up stairs.

 

Junmyeon got down on his knees to get to eye level with Sehun, he brushed his hair back. "Are you okay baby, what happened?"

 

"I stopped for a little... then I couldn't find Luhan... I was so scared... I cried and looked around for them. Appa found me and help't me look'd. We couldn't find anyone so Appa took me for food and brought me home." Junmyeon kissed Sehun's cheek and nodded.  


"I'm glad you're safe, I was so worried Sehun." Junmyeon hugged him tightly and stood up taking his hand walking with him up the stairs. "Let's get to bed, alright?"