Chapter Four

When There Was Us.

Junmyeon has a job. He usually works from home but there are those times when he has to go into office. Since the boys aren't in school at this time his only option is a babysitter.  

 

The kids sat in the living room constantly as the new babysitter would go over the rules. Baekhyun was yawning as she started.  Jongin and Sehun where asking 20 questions about rules.

 

"Why can't we make'd ours own food?"

"Because what if it burns down the house." Jongin gasped and nodded.

 

"Okay, so with all the rules said, you guys can go ahead and play, if you need anything just call me. My name is Taeyeon as I had said before. " she smiles and watched a bit in shock as they all got up and went on their own ways except Kyungsoo.

 

"Taeyeon, I'm Kyungsoo. I am seven and I really like to read and bake with Appa. I was wondering,  can we bake?" Kyungsoo said proudly.

 

"Aw, of course!  Come on to the kitchen with me Kyungsoo." Taeyeon took his hand in hers and walked him over to the kitchen.

 

Jongin and Sehun were upstairs playing with their dinosaur plushies.

 

"Hey, Jongim, do you think Appa is happy? " Sehun asked suddenly after his t-rex at an imaginary pizza slice.

 

"I don't know... he looks same as yesterday, and the day before'd dat." Jongin shrugged his shoulders looking up to Sehun.

 

"Do you remember Appa Kris?" Sehun asked.

 

"Yes.."

 

"Jongin, I know you are scared but you have been here for quite some time. You should be brave enough to speak." Kris said in a firm voice one day as he stumbled upon Jongin playing with a tennis ball.

 

"Mm." Jongin said in response.

 

"Jongin. You tell me a full sentence right now. I know you can." Kris said as he kneeled to Jongin's level. Jongin remained silent and continued messing with the ball. Kris took the ball from him and he gasped.

 

"Ball!"

 

"No Jongin, ask for it back. 'May I have the ball back.' " Kris waved the ball in his face but not giving it to him.

 

"Ball!" Jongin whined and reached for it but couldn't grab it.

 

"You're six, Jongin. You can ask for the ball." Jongin took a breath and Kris looked at him straight on with a slightly angry face.

 

"Why don't you'd go bully someones who is't bigger den you, you meanie!" Jongin slapped Kris' hand and roughly pushed by him as he got off the couch and stumbled up the stairs sniffling.

 

After that Jongin made it a point that he was mad at Kris. He would cling to Junmyeon and talk to him more. Junmyeon was extremely happy with Jongin's progress. Kris had lost connection with Jongin.  

 

"Little brat is a grudge holder." Kris said to Junmyeon when they were alone in the kitchen one night.

 

"He'll get over it. He's young,  he probably never gets his feelings hurt he didn't know how to handle it. "

 

"Junmyeon I have ten sons and nine that love me."

 

"Jongin does love you, Kris. He just got hurt. "

 

"Easy for you to say so, he adores you. " Kris stormed out of the kitchen quickly leaving up to their bedroom. Junmyeon sighed as he walked out of the kitchen.  He felt a tug on his left pant leg and looked down to see Jongin. Junmyeon bent over and picked the boy up carrying him off to bed.

 

Jongin remained silent and played with his toys not noticing Sehun getting out the clay.

 

"Let's make dinos from dah clay!" Sehun said cheerfully getting Jongin excited.

 

Baekhyun and Chanyeol were sitting in their room coloring a big coloring mat. Baekhyun was focused on coloring the dog while Chanyeol colored the prince.

 

"Chanyeol, I think were out of brown.." Baekhyun said as he looked into the coloring box digging through all the crayons.

 

"Just make the dog another color, Baek." Chanyeol looked up at Baekhyun who was frustratedly looking.  

 

"Baekhyun..."

 

"Chanyeol, their is no brown!" Baekhyun yelled and pushed the coloring box away. To anyone else this would seem like a normal fit a child would have. But to Chanyeol it was a hurt cry. Baekhyun had been throwing more fits now that Kris was out of the picture.

 

Chanyeol recalled Baekhyun being the only one who didn't cry when they found out Kris had gone.

 

Chanyeol's eyes we red and puffy his brothers had all had a pair to match. Though when Baekhyun sat next to him arms crossed and a deadpan expression.  

 

"I know it's hard for us... but these things happen. I will always be here with you guys, okay? "

 

"Why would he leave!? He loved me!" Jongdae cried out and stomped up stairs. They were all in shock mostly. Baekhyun just sat there though amongst the sobs and and hugs for comfort. Chanyeol out his arm around him only to be shook off.  

 

Baekhyun left back to their room.  When Chanyeol came back to their room Baekhyun was lying on the floor.

 

"Baekhyun... are you okay?" Chanyeol said in a soft voice.

 

"Marriages are made for divorce and kids were made to be abandoned. " Baekhyun sat up and called Chanyeol over. Chanyeol sat with Baekhyun. "Did you ever know your parents Chanyeol? I mean the Parks?"

 

"No, Baekhyun..."

 

"Well I knew the Byuns." Baekhyun had taken a deep breath before continuing. "When I was early seven is when I was put up for adoption. Before hand I had been living in a very unsafe place, Chanyeol. My parents were really happy when I was real little. They use to buy me everything and promise me the world. Then when I was five my mother had gotten into bad habits... it hurt dad and I very much. Mom and dad would fight all the time. They would often say they regret being together and they shouldn't have had me because this was a terrible way to raise a child. It wasn't long before my parents filed for a divorce and my dad got to keep me. Though when I was with my dad, life was hard. He was working all the time and he had a lot of girlfriends. I never thought he'd leave me.. a few days after I had turned seven dad picked me up from school and drove me to the orphanage.  It hurt... when your dad abandons you..." Chanyeol looked at Baekhyun sadly though even through the story Baekhyun had not shed a tear.

 

"Now Kris is gone and abandoned me. I hate him. I hate him so much. And I want us to take care of Junmyeon." Baekhyun looked at Chanyeol. "Because I'd like one parent I have to never leave me... at least one."  

 

Chanyeol nodded his head to show Baekhyun support. From then on they had always helped Junmyeon smile.


Chanyeol thinks Baekhyun's fits are the way he lets out emotion because he just refuses to cry.

 

-Filler