Chapter Five

When There Was Us.

Kris began showing up less frequently.  He slept with Junmyeon less often. He tend to work more. Kris was out of the house so much that last month. Junmyeon had never really thought much of it. He trusted Kris to be doing what he said he was doing.

 

The kids were always taking his attention from Kris actually.  Sehun got a cut. Tao needed help.  Jongin tripped on the stairs. It seemed as though it was always Junmyeon.

 

When it was time for bed Junmyeon made sure they were all in bed and drifting to sleep before returning to his lonesome room. Kris would show up around one and mutter apologies to Junmyeon. Junmyeon just smiled and slowly went to sleep.

 

By the time he woke up Kris had already gone for work. Junmyeon hated this moments. He got up and started readying the boys for school. He dropped off all but Jongin and Sehun. They were too young at the time.

 

Sehun and Jongin liked to just sit in their room and play with their toys. Junmyeon rarely had problems while they were there.

 

Kris never came for lunch anymore so it all stayed as the three of them. One lunch Junmyeon decided to take out the two and have a nice lunch together. Once they had sat, it was a round table the seats were unevenly distributed. Junmyeon sat closer to Sehun on the opposite side of Jongin.

 

Jongin looked around the restaurant and he spotted a very familiar face sitting at another table. It was behind Junmyeon's back Jongin continued to stare at the couple across the room.

 

Jongin was the first to know of Kris' infidelity.

 

"Hey, Jongin, can you help me with something?" Jongin looked up from his coloring book and saw Kyungsoo biting his lip and rocking on the balls of his feet.

 

"Otay, Soo." Jongin got up and walked with Kyungsoo back to his room. When they got there Kyungsoo closed the door.  

 

"Jongin, this is weird and all but I know you're the only one that can keep secrets." Kyungsoo said putting his hands on the six year old's shoulders.

 

"What is it, Soo?" Jongin looked at him slightly confused but with some worry. Kyungsoo bit his lip.

 

"I know this may seem weird but I saw this thing and I wanted to see if it really works. Let me give you a kiss?" Kyungsoo said timidly and Jongin blinked.

 

"A kiss? Why? Junmyeon said only mommies and datties do kissing. " Jongin looked at Kyungsoo oddly.

 

"I know, but just want to try... I saw it on TV and I really want to see. Jongin this can be a secret after this no more." Kyungsoo reasoned with Jongin.

 

"We're brothers."

 

"But are we really?" Jongin shrugged and pouted slightly.  

 

"Otay! One times." Jongin looked at Kyungsoo who smiled and hugged him.

 

"Ah, okay close your eyes!" Kyungsoo told him and he did so a bit lost. Kyungsoo took a deep breath before moving closer and kissing Jongin right on the lips.

 

It felt awkward and not how Kyungsoo had imagined it feeling. He pulled away from Jongin and pouted a little. "Okay we're done."

 

Jongin opened his eyes and looked at Kyungsoo. He nudged Kyungsoo's side.

 

"Don't be sad, Soo. Let's just go play. " Jongin started walking to the bedroom door after Kyungsoo gave a small smile.

 

In the hall they met up with Baekhyun. He grabbed both their hands and took them to his room. Both of them were confused, what if Baekhyun saw?

 

"Why are we here Baekhyun, we were just playing!" Kyungsoo yelled in a panic.

 

"Like I care, you weirdo. Look around you dumb ." Baekhyun made a face at Kyungsoo before letting go of their hands and sitting with Chanyeol. All the others were here and there were pillows set on the floor for them to sit on. Jongin quickly took a seat with Sehun across the room and Kyungsoo was left to sit next to Jongdae.

 

He pouted and looked up to Luhan and Minseok who was handing them papers.

 

"Okay now that we are all here, we will be discussing the our new annual Christmas Surprise for Junmyeon!" Minseok smiled happily and looked around the room at all their younger siblings.

 

"As you all know, this year has hit its lowest point and taking forever to climb back up the positivity mountain.  Jongin, Sehun positivity means happiness before you ask." Luhan smiled as both made a understanding "Oh" sound. Everyone else just continued to listen to both as they looked at the drawn snowman on the paper that reads "Krismiss" with the "Kris" crossed out.

"You misspelled Christmas." Kyungsoo said as he looked up to Minseok and Luhan.

 

"No we didn't. " They said in unison and looked at the papers before Luhan spoke up again. "This Christmas will have nothing to do with Kris! Junmyeon needs things that make him happy, like us."

 

"And so we have decided to have a top secret Christmas surprise party for Appa!" Minseok smiled and looked at the boys. Do you think you can handle this?" The boys looked around to each other.

 

"Yes!" Sehun said happy following by Jongin copying him.

 

"Perfect!  This is the plan,"Minseok pulls out a big chalkboard and grabs a chalk pen along with Luhan. " Appa's next work at the office day is next Saturday! Which mean Taeyeon will be here to babysit us. When Taeyeon is here we will have her vow to secrecy. It means promise to keep a secret. She will take us out and help us plan the party so it will be all planned out for December! Today marks November first so, we have all this month and twenty three days to plan our party, it will take place on December twenty fourth,  Christmas eve." Minseok spoke as he wrote out the plan.

 

"Remember guys the goal of this is to remind Appa he is not alone! Remember yesterday when he wouldn't stop talking about he and Kris' matching costumes...what a drag." Luhan rolled his eyes. "I know we can do this." Luhan smiled and looked around as everyone was talking over the plan.

 

"Do we all get him a present each?" Chanyeol asked.

 

"Yes! And no fighting! This is about happiness." Minseok scolded.

 

"Dinner time!" Junmyeon called from downstairs and Luhan gave them all a high five.

 

"Our secret! "

 
- ;*