Chapter Three

When There Was Us.

Bits of the past. 

 

 

School days were the easiest days, without the boys around to make mess or fight about simple things the house was silent. But, school days were also some of the loneliest.  

 

Junmyeon tried to preoccupy himself with some cleaning. The house was big, it had to be. I mean ten kids need a lot of space and they would have never let them be adopted if he didn't have the space and money to take care of them.

 

He went up stairs to the bedrooms. There was six of them two kids per each and his own. It is an understatement to say that this house is hard to manage.  It is really hard to manage.

 

He heads into Minseok and Luhans room because though they are the oldest their room is always the worst. Papers, toys, food wrappers, messy beds, video games out of their cases, crumbs of chips and crackers on the floor. In all honesty, Junmyeon is not even phased at this point he just starts cleaning. It took him about an hour to pick everything up and throw it away, sweep, and finish off with fixing the bed. He stood up and happily eyed the room.  

 

"I give it two days." Junmyeon smiled and walked out to the next room. Baekhyun and Chanyeol's room wasn't two bad. The beds were a mess and there were clothes on the floor of Baekhyun's side. Chanyeol's side always tended to be a bit neater but Junmyeon learned that is only because he pushed his mess under his bed. Junmyeon got a broom and started taking everything out from under Chanyeol's bed. There went a good thirty minutes.

 

Kyungsoo and Tao's room was actually perfect. They both were pretty responsible when it comes to controlling their mess. Junmyeon didn't need to worry about that. So he skipped over to Lay and Jongdae's room. He lost another hour there because Jongdae stained the floor with blue paint. The last room was always Junmyeon's favorite.  Sehun and Jongin.

 

Junmyeon fixed their beds, picked up their toys ,and the clothes left on the floor. He loved cleaning their rooms because after they saw it clean they would get all excited and ask Junmyeon if magical cleaning wizard had come again. Then Junmyeon got to make a story to make them happy. He has no idea where they got "the magical cleaning wizard" from but he thought it was pretty sweet to carry out.

 

He checked the time,  the boys still had some time at school. He went to his room to have a nap. His dreams slowly took him as he laid comfortably in bed.

 

March 2012.

 

"We are officially married! " Junmyeon hugged Kris tightly.  They had just gotten back from their small ceremony and were getting ready to go to Japan to have their honeymoon there.

 

"I know you silly ." Kris said as he hugged Junmyeon back. "After all of our years together it is finally done. "

 

"Oh, and now we are going to Japan to party!" Junmyeon did a awkward dance move that normally anyone would mock him for but Kris, he just went on dancing with him. They laughed and got their things together.

 

March 2013.

 

"His name is Minseok." The woman at the adoption center spoke clearly to Kris and Junmyeon as she introduced Minseok.

 

Kris knelt down to get to Minseok's height. "Hey there Minseok. I am Kris. You can call me Appa." Kris smiled at him. Minseok stayed quiet as he looked at Kris.

 

"Hi, Kris... you are taking me?" He looked up to Junmyeon who smiled and waved.

 

"We are, yes."

 

"Can I have one request before I go? " Kris looked to Junmyeon and he shrugged before giving a nod.

 

"What is it ,Minseok? "  Junmyeon spoke to him this time.

 

They left with two kids that afternoon and they were extremely happy with giving the boys a new house to call their own. Minseok and Luhan weren't too bad,  they were seven at the time on their way to being eight in April and May. They liked to run around the house with a soccer ball. They broke about three vases in the span of two months.

 

They were reckless and always liked to get Kris and Junmyeon to play with them outside. they were perfect together.  The four of them.

 

It was mid-July when Junmyeon suggested they get a new addition to the family.  They had come home with three this time. Baekhyun, Kyungsoo, and Chanyeol. Baekhyun liked to talk and talk, he talked about anything and everything.  He was seven and loved the world apparently,  that phase passed quickly though when  he got his hands on some reality tv. Apparently he saw some with Kris and everyone on the show was bossy and cussing.

 

Kyungsoo liked to read. He was a six year old that loved reading. He would climb into Junmyeon and Kris' bed and read a collection of beginner reading books. "The cat had been scared of'd the bat!" He liked reading to Junmyeon. Kyungsoo had always leaned on Junmyeon more.

 

Chanyeol was always by himself. He use to run around the house and pretend to be saving cities he called himself "ChanCool." Baekhyun often picked on him. They always fought till one day when Chanyeol had actually saved Baekhyun from a falling chair in the kitchen. Since then Baekhyun did everything with Chanyeol. Minseok and Luhan were happy to have younger siblings and accepted them with open arms.

 

Kris and Junmyeon had their hands full but they loved it! They loved all the company from their kids. So much so that by September they had two more. Jongdae and Tao. Kris had formed a strong bond with Jongdae.

 

Kris would take Jongdae out around the city. Jongdae would always come home telling stories about what he and Kris did that day. Jongdae admired Kris so much, he was always following Kris like a baby duck.

 

Tao was talkative like Baekhyun though he was just a little quieter. He liked to hang out with Junmyeon and Kyungsoo. They would reread little books and help each other out when they got stuck on words. Tao had always been very sensitive, Baekhyun liked to pick on him because he cried when people would step on pretty flowers. Kyungsoo would always stand up to Baekhyun for Tao.


Baekhyun and Kyungsoo had a fun kind of relationship.  They would be yelling at each other one minute and the next they are sharing ice cream and laughing about funny cartoons they had seen.

 

They had gotten Lay around October. He was quiet and always hung out with Minseok. Lay never really got into any trouble.

 

Kris and Junmyeon spent a lot of time together and with their kids. It wasn't till December when they got Jongin and Sehun. The two five year olds were so different from each other but they still stuck together like glue and paper. Kris and Junmyeon could never really get Jongin to speak to them well.

 

"What are you doing, Jongin?"

"Notin'.."

"What do you have in your hand ,Jongin?"

"Ball.."

 

They actually worried about Jongin's lack of speech. Sehun talked a lot. He was alway asking questions.

 

"Lu-luhan, what's a color'd?"

"Uh.. it is um the shade of things I guess."

"What is'd a shade?"

"A color?" Luhan shrugged.

"Then what'd is a color'd?"

"Aish, Sehun, I don't know! Go play with Jongin!."

"Okay." Sehun waddled of quickly to find Jongin.

 

"Kris, why do you think Jongin won't speak?" Junmyeon asked one night as they were lying in bed.

 

"I am not sure... Maybe he is still getting use to things." Kris said as he rubbed circles into Junmyeon's side.


 

Junmyeon awoke to the phone ringing, he stumbled out of bed and picked it up "Hello?"

 

~

 

"You punched a kid!?" Junmyeon said as he left the school with Kyungsoo, his clothes were dirty and he had a fresh bruise on his cheek.

 

"You don't understand." Kyungsoo looked at the ground when they stopped at the car.

 

"You're right, I don't.  Kyungsoo what the heck were you thinking? You're suspended! You made the other boy cry."

 

"He told me that he was glad Kris had left, because now we're not the freaks with two dads! I told him to shut up and he pushed Chanyeol! He said that you were too broken to function! And you know what's not fair that I get suspended from attending my first grade class for standing up for you and my brothers and he gets a warning!" Kyungsoo is smart he knows and means what he is talking about. Junmyeon is shocked at how young boys bully each other.

 

"Okay...Kyungsoo, I understand you were a hero today, and the school may not acknowledge that but you did a good thing. Though, you didn't have to go with the violent approach." Junmyeon knelt down slightly to get on Kyungsoo's height. "Don't worry, let's go out for ice cream. We can make the week about us." Junmyeon stood up and opened the car for Kyungsoo to get in before heading into the driver's seat.

 
 
 
~~~
First of all, Thank you all for the feedback! It really inspires me to write more often. <3