Bloodlust and Envy (Alternate Ending)

EXO AU Collection

The house was destroyed, completely burned to the ground. If anyone had been inside, they would have died, if they hadn't been already. And that was what Chanyeol woke up to, confused and in pain. He should have been dead, he could literally remember taking his last breath, and yet, there he was alive, breathing. Checking himself over, he realised he was just mildly injured, a bruise on the back of his head, and pain in his chest that caused him a little discomfort whenever he took a deep breath. Looks like the queen had been telling the truth after all.

Baekhyun.

The name washed over him like a tidal wave. He couldn't see the prince anywhere. Getting down on his hands and knees, he started digging, desperate. Finally, he found a delicate hand, which caused him to start digging faster, determined. And then Baekhyun was in his arms, as beautiful in death as he had been in life. Baekhyun wasn’t breathing and there was no heartbeat; no sign at all that he could possibly be alive. A pained cry left Chanyeol's mouth and he pulled Baekhyun's body closer but it just didn't feel right; the prince was too cold. He started trying to revive Baekhyun, but failed, and eventually he gave in, tears beginning to fall. Sadly, he pressed his lips to Baekhyun's cold ones, like a final goodbye. When he pulled away, Baekhyun was still terribly still. Chanyeol found himself wishing that Baekhyun would open those beautiful grey eyes, that he could hear him say his name, and that he could hear him sing again. That was when Baekhyun started coughing. Startled, Chanyeol just stared, until the piece of apple he'd eaten was dislodged from his throat. And Chanyeol watched, relieved, that his chest was rising and falling again and that his lips were parted, gasping for breath. Baekhyun’s black hair that was stuck to his forehead and some colour was returning to his face.

"You're alive," Chanyeol gasped, gently holding Baekhyun against his chest. "You're alive."

"I… died?" Chanyeol could only nod, too happy to form words.

Chanyeol kissed Baekhyun again and Baekhyun kissed him back; it felt so much better than the one just mere moments before. And Chanyeol wanted more, he would always want more. Baekhyun was panting when they parted. He still looked much too pale but he was alive. Chanyeol stood up, Baekhyun held bridal style in his arms.

"Just relax, Your Majesty," Chanyeol smiled. "I'll protect you."

 

Baekhyun went to his father and told him about how the queen had nearly killed him. The king seemed a little indifferent at first but as Baekhyun continued his story, the king's face went from one of shock, to one of utter fury. Baekhyun was glad to see that his father actually cared. The queen was called upon and the look on her face when she saw that Baekhyun was still alive was absolutely priceless; he had to bite back a laugh.

The king demanded the truth from her. In her shock, she admitted everything and by the time she was done, the king was livid. He ordered her immediate execution and she was removed from his sight. Baekhyun left the throne room with a sense of accomplishment, relieved that all of this was finally over. He felt strong arms encircle his waist and he smiled, leaning back against Chanyeol.

"It's over," he whispered, closing his eyes. "She's gone."

"Yes, and we can be happy together," Chanyeol turned him around and kissed him. "I never want to lose you again."

"Me neither," Baekhyun said sadly, pressing his forehead to Chanyeol's. "Even when I was dying, the only thing I thought about was you."

"And I, you…" Chanyeol let out a sharp laugh. "I love you, I need you…"

"And I, you." They shared another kiss, their hands linked together and smiles on their faces.

They fell into a comfortable silence then until Baekhyun finally voiced the question that had been on his mind since he'd left his father's throne room. "What are we going to do with the queen's mirror?"

Chanyeol laughed more out of surprise than actual humour. "I don't know but I know what it would say to you."

"What?" Baekhyun asked.

"It would say that you, my dear prince," Chanyeol replied, kissing those lovely red lips again. "Are the fairest of them all.”

 

THE END

-------------------------------------------------------------------

Because I couldn't just leave it that way, so here's another ending, you decide how it ends =3