Ch. [05]

Good Friends

 

 

Hyukjae woke up in Kyuhyun's arms as the taller was carrying him up and he groaned, feeling dizzy. "What the -"

 

Kyuhyun groaned, resting against the stairs as he looked at Hyukjae, letting out a soft sigh of relief. "ing , I thought you would die," he said as he put Hyukjae down, obviously exhausted. 

 

They changed clothes and took a shower, going to bed almost instantly. "Thanks for taking care of me, Kyu," Hyukjae mumbled, feeling his eyes closing without him wanting.

 

Kyuhyun hummed, sighing deeply before turning around slightly, wrapping his arm around Hyukjae's waist. "I'm sorry I couldn't stop Minho..."

 

Hyukjae cuddled against Kyuhyun's body, sighing softly at the warmth. "You tried stopping me and I didn't listen... It's me the one who should be apologizing..."

 

Kyuhyun simply hummed, already breathing evenly, making Hyukjae know he was either already sleeping, or falling asleep. “Kyu…,” he called, looking at the other’s face. “Now I know why I like you so much…”

 

 

 

Hyukjae opened his eyes, yawning softly as he tried to adjust to the light. He brought a hand up and rubbed his eyes, looking up at the ceiling before turning his head around slightly, finding Kyuhyun’s figure by his side. He frowned slightly, pursing his lips tightly. “Yah, you lazy , what the hell-”

 

It took him a few seconds to realize Kyuhyun was sweating. He was whining lowly, so soft that he could barely hear it. His features were contorted in such way that indicated he was in pain.

 

Hyukjae gasped and sat up as quick as he could, looking down at Kyuhyun before pressing his hand against the taller’s forehead. “Oh ,” he muttered, jumping off the bed to take off the bed covers from Kyuhyun, gasping when he noticed how wet his clothes were from so much sweating. “Kyuhyun…,” he called, shaking his best friend’s body. “Yah, Kyuhyun!”

 

Kyuhyun whined softly. “Shut up…,” he whispered with a dry voice. “You’re so annoying…”

 

Hyukjae sighed in relief, bringing a hand to his chest to calm down his racing heart. He hadn’t noticed how altered he was until that very moment that he felt the relief run through his body. “You ing ! How can you get sick like this when it’s still raining?!”

 

Kyuhyun opened his eyes slowly, only looking at Hyukjae before chuckling softly and closing his eyes again. “Didn’t you say you liked me last night?” he asked, his voice dry and hoarse. “Now take care of me, .”

 

Hyukjae’s face was red. He was sure that if he turned around and looked at his reflection, he could compare himself to a tomato, or a red apple, he liked apples better. “I-” He looked away, clearing his throat. “I don’t even know what you’re talking about.”

 

“Hyukjae…,” Kyuhyun called lowly, trying to lift his hand up but not having enough energy. “Hurts…,” he complained, frowning. “My entire body hurts…,” he whispered. “ing make it better…”

 

“Right!” Hyukjae turned around, starting to panic. “I’ll call your mother! Yes!” he nodded for himself, looking around to find his cell phone. He groaned loudly in frustration. Last night, the least important thing for him was his cell phone and he couldn’t find it anywhere now. “Kyuhyun! I can’t find my phone!”

 

Kyuhyun groaned. “Just…,” he swallowed the dryness from his throat. “Give me a pill or something…”

 

Hyukjae looked at Kyuhyun, nodding before running to the small drawer where he kept all the medication and he went up with a glass of water, helping Kyuhyun gulp it down.

 

Kyuhyun slept again and Hyukjae took the chance to clean his sweat with a wet towel, placing a clean one over his head before going down to cook some porridge or something that would make Kyuhyun feel better when he woke up. He called Kyuhyun’s mother, who was also out of town and told her that everything was fine now and that he was resting. She only told Hyukjae to take care of Kyuhyun and to please keep him there until he felt better.

 

Kyuhyun woke up after a few hours, when it was late already and he groaned, sitting up and running his fingers through his hair at the dizziness. “Hey, don’t stand up!” Hyukjae commanded as he came into the room, pushing Kyuhyun back. “You’re sick.”

 

Kyuhyun rolled his eyes, sighing softly. “I feel better now,” he said before glaring at Hyukjae. “Now, you.”

 

Hyukjae opened his eyes widely. Kyuhyun was looking at him dangerously, as if he wanted to murder him. “Oh Kyu…,” he laughed nervously, pointing at the bowl with porridge in his hand. “Look what I cooked for you!”

 

Kyuhyun’s gaze went to the bowl, and he groaned. “Help me sit up.”

 

Hyukjae grinned and nodded, leaving the porridge on the bed before helping Kyuhyun sit up against the board, sitting at the edge. “Now I’ll feed you, as the great friend I am!” He exclaimed, grinning widely.

 

“It’s your fault since the very beginning that I got sick, you ing moron,” Kyuhyun groaned, glaring at Hyukjae.

 

Hyukjae frowned, pressing his lips tightly against each other. “What an ungrateful piece of you are,” he mumbled, lifting his hand up to present a spoonful in front of Kyuhyun’s lips. “Now eat.”

 

Kyuhyun rolled his eyes, parting his lips to take in the spoon and eat slowly, stopping in the middle to look at Hyukjae. He swallowed and looked away. “It’s awful.”

 

Hyukjae gasped, looking down at the bowl. “Really?” he asked, pouting. “I did it over five times…,” he whispered. “I guess I still have to practice for this…”

 

Kyuhyun turned to look at Hyukjae. He smiled softly, looking at the adorable pout his best friend was offering him. “Well, it’s alright. If I die because of food poisoning, I’ll just come back and haunt you down for eternity.”

 

Hyukjae sighed, placing the bowl aside. “I’ll just order some, I think they’ll be able to deliver it now that the rain has almost stopped...,” he said, taking out his cell phone.

 

Kyuhyun smiled, flicking Hyukjae’s forehead. “You idiot,” he chuckled. “Order some Chinese food as well, I’m hungry.”

 

“You moron,” Hyukjae rubbed his forehead. “You were supposed to be all good friend and tell me you would eat mine anyway.”

 

“I don’t want to die yet, Hyukjae,” Kyuhyun smiled widely. “Now hurry and order food.”

 

Hyukjae sighed, ordering the food obediently before standing up. “You’re so demanding, Kyuhyun.”

 

“Apparently, you still like me like that,” Kyuhyun grinned widely, holding Hyukjae’s wrist to pull him down again and sit in front of each other. “Now let me hear more about it, I’m curious.”

 

Hyukjae tried to control himself. He could swear he did the inhuman to not allow the red color reach his cheeks and ears. He laughed lightly, shaking his head. “You love yourself so much that you think even I like you,” he said, shaking his head in disapproval. “How sad of you.”

 

Kyuhyun frowned, leaning in to grab Hyukjae’s shoulders and pin him down the bed. He stopped himself from moving. Hyukjae’s eyes were still red and swollen from crying the entire night before. His face was equally swollen and his eyes reflected those dark circles he hated to see in his best friend’s face. Kyuhyun wondered for a few seconds, if he should ask Hyukjae if he felt alright already, but he wasn’t sure if he wanted to make the other talk about it all over again.

 

“Hyukjae,” Kyuhyun called.

 

The way his voice sounded was as if he was sad, as if Kyuhyun was watching the saddest scene in the Titanic movie. “Y-Yes?”

 

Kyuhyun smiled softly, shaking his head. “You’re really an idiot.”

 

Hyukjae gasped, throwing a pillow against Kyuhyun’s face. “And you’re an .”

 

………………….

 

“Where’s your food?” Kyuhyun asked, sitting down in front of Hyukjae.

 

“I ate already,” Hyukjae mumbled, turning the page of his book.

 

Kyuhyun sighed, holding up one of his fries to feed Hyukjae. “Eat,” he ordered.

 

Hyukjae frowned, looking at the fry in front of him before looking higher to Kyuhyun. “I ate already,” he repeated.

 

“I don’t care,” Kyuhyun said determined. “I want you to eat now.”

 

“And I want a ing pony and I don’t have one,” Hyukjae retorted. “Apparently, you can’t have everything you want.”

 

“Either you eat the ing food I give you, or you get me to French kiss you for a whole hour against the bathroom’s wall,” Kyuhyun warned, making Hyukjae scrunch up his nose in disgust.

 

“You’re so ing disgusting,” Hyukjae said, opening his mouth to eat the fry that was offered to him.

 

Kyuhyun grinned widely, handing Hyukjae half of his food. “Eat.”

 

Hyukjae rolled his eyes, leaving his book down. “Of seven billion of people in the world, I had to ing befriend a ing piece of .”

 

“I’ll make it two hours,” Kyuhyun smirked. “I know you would love it.”

 

Hyukjae looked down, sighing deeply before bringing the food to his mouth slowly, muttering under his breath how much he hated Kyuhyun for making him eat again when he had already had his meals.

 

Seohyun came by after a few minutes and she sat down by Hyukjae’s side, raising her eyebrow. “Ah, Hyukjae, you’re eating again?”

 

Hyukjae glared at Kyuhyun, frowning deeply. “Oh, you were saying the truth?”

 

Hyukjae frowned deeper. “I always say the truth, you motherer.”

 

“I never ed your mother,” Kyuhyun said. “Though I would love to, she’s gorgeous.”

 

It didn’t even take a second for Kyuhyun to be showered in his own soda. “You , I’m not talking to you ever again.”

 

Kyuhyun laughed, grabbing a napkin to at least clean his face, looking at Seohyun worried and at Hyukjae leaving the cafeteria.

 

It took him a few minutes to be a little presentable once again and Seohyun sighed. “Did you tell him you like him already?” She asked, looking up at him.

 

Kyuhyun groaned. “I told you before already, that we’re only-”

 

“Did he tell you he liked you?” Seohyun tilted her head innocently.

 

Kyuhyun stood silent, clearing his throat after a few seconds. “I’m not even sure anymore,” he sighed deeply. “He sometimes says things when I’m sleepy or stuff so I don’t know if he’s talking about me or if he’s just dreaming about someone he really likes…”

 

Seohyun nodded thoughtfully. “If it’s not you, then who does he like?”

 

Kyuhyun frowned. “There’s no one but me he could-”

 

“Nichkhun!” Seohyun stood up with a wide smile. “I saw them talking to each other yesterday!”

 

“Yah!” Kyuhyun stood up annoyed. “He likes me!” he exclaimed. “He can’t like anyone else but me!”

 

Seohyun looked at Kyuhyun and giggled. “You’re the jealous type,” she sang. “See?” she asked, sitting down again and waiting for the male in front of her to do the same. “You are best friends,” she affirmed. “Everyone knows that,” she nodded. “But you like him, and that’s something that you, literally, can’t hide.”

 

Kyuhyun stood silent for a few seconds, looking down at the table before looking up at the girl with worried eyes. “Is it too obvious?” he asked, truly concerned.

 

If Seohyun didn’t have so much self-control, she would be laughing by then. “Just these last weeks,” she said.

 

Kyuhyun groaned, letting his head fall down against the table. “…,” he sighed, looking up at her again. “Do you think he knows?”

 

Seohyun pursed her lips thoughtfully, shaking his head. “I don’t think he thinks he can be liked,” she said.

 

“What is that even supposed to mean?” Kyuhyun asked, looking at the girl in front of him and wondering how the hell she got to be someone he could talk about what’s so deep inside him.

 

“I think even if you tell him you like him, he won’t believe you,” Seohyun explained. “He doesn’t believe someone can like him anymore. It’s as if he had lost all kind of confidence.”

 

Kyuhyun groaned. “He’s a ing idiot.”

 

The bell rang and Seohyun stood up, smiling widely. “You only need to change his mind,” she said, turning around to leave the cafeteria to her next class.

 

Kyuhyun whined frustrated. “To change his mind?!” He exclaimed, even when the girl was far away from him. “Have you met him before?! He’s a ing !”