Ch. [01]

Good Friends

It was the third time. Hyukjae felt the knot in his throat making him unable to even try to speak. He looked down, trying to swallow it but it only made him realize how much it hurt


"Three times...," Hyukjae managed to mumble lowly, not looking up. "This is the third time you break up with me because of someone else, Donghae...”


The other said nothing, he just sighed out deeply, as if Hyukjae was a nuisance in his life at the moment. It was probably like that. "Hyukjae, why are you even like this? Let's just be friends."

 

Hyukjae bit his lower lip harshly, finally looking up without allowing his tears to pour down. "Alright," he said. "Let's be great friends."

 

Donghae hummed, it was also the third time they shared those words and he was sure that he would hear them again in a future when they came back together.

 

Hyukjae didn't really realize when it was that he stood alone in that park, letting his tears fall down freely down his eyes. He brought his hands up to cover his face, shaking his head. "It's not worthy," he mumbled for himself. "He's not worth my tears..."

 

"Are you just realizing that?" It was the overly recognizable voice of Cho Kyuhyun, or as he liked to call him, his best friend. 

 

"Shut up," Hyukjae spat, throwing a blind fist to hit the other's shoulder. "I don't want to talk about it."

 

Kyuhyun sighed, mumbling a soft 'alright' before wrapping his arms around Hyukjae's body, resting his chin on the other's head. 

 

Hyukjae cried louder, clenching Kyuhyun's shirt tightly. He didn't want to cry, it was so stupid of him to believe Donghae had changed. Hyukjae knew he was being ridiculous. But he couldn't stop crying.

 

It was until the next day that Hyukjae finally decided to move on and not care about the other anymore.

 

"Oh, you're not crying anymore, that's new," Kyuhyun said as he saw down by his side, carrying his tray of food and his girlfriend's. "You're also not being cheated on, that's what I call innovation, Hyukjae. You're doing great!"

 

Hyukjae glared at Kyunyun, at his stupid grin and the way his arm went directly to his girlfriend's waist. "You have a really handsome face, ," he commented.

 

Kyuhyun laughed, nodding proudly. "Of course, I'm freaking gorg-"

 

It wasn't that he didn't want to finish his line, it was more like Hyukjae threw all his guacamole against his face, spreading it all over his face and hair, some of it falling to his neat and cool uniform. "Oops," he let out a soft giggle, liking the way Kyuhyun just stood quiet, probably too shocked to even do something. "My bad, Kyukyu," he smiled, glancing at how Victoria, Kyuhyun's girlfriend, laughed loudly at him, not even trying to help.

 

Hyukjae sighed proudly, grinning for himself before standing up and go away from the table, just in time to escape from Kyuhyun's wrath. 

 

"ing face," Kyuhyun groaned annoyed as he walked into Hyukjae's room after school, throwing the smaller his backpack. 

 

"Nice to see you again, ," Hyukjae avoided the object and turned around just to glare at the other.

"Yah," Kyuhyun frowned, walking towards the desk Hyukjae was sitting on and turning the chair around to face him, pointing at himself. "This was the one who comforted you every time the ing bigger broke your heart."

 

"And I thank you for that," Hyukjae grinned widely and innocently, as if remembering didn't hurt him already.

 

"Now, Kyukyu, let me do my homework."

 

Kyuhyun rolled his eyes, mumbling lowly before going to get his own homework to work on Hyukjae's bed.

 

It took them a few hours to get finished with their chores and after having an amazing dinner, courtesy of Hyukjae, they started playing in their laptops. "Hyukjae, you seriously ," Kyuhyun commented, shaking his head in disapproval. 

 

"I but not you," Hyukjae defended, groaning when he lost once again. 

 

Kyuhyun laughed, leaning closer. "You would love to me," he chanted, grinning widely.

 

Hyukjae looked at Kyuhyun dead in the eye and hummed. "I think I would actually enjoy it," he said.

 

Kyuhyun gasped, leaning back as he looked at Hyukjae unbelievably. "W-What-"

 

"And then I would ing tear your ing off, ," Hyukjae threw a pillow to Kyuhyun's face. "Now go away from my house, it's midnight."

 

Kyuhyun groaned, holding the pillow that was thrown at him before spreading himself on Hyukjae's bed. "I'm staying," he declared. "I have clothes here anyway."

 

"Not surprising," Hyukjae rolled his eyes, standing up to take out the sleeping bag. "Get off my bed."

 

"I'm a guest here, I get the bed," Kyuhyun said, yawning softly.

 

Hyukjae sighed, fully knowing he wouldn't be able to kick Kyuhyun away. "Take off your shoes at least," he said as he arranged the sleeping bag on the floor and started to take off his shoes and clothes. He put on a shirt, so big that it looked like a dress on him, and his boxers.

 

Kyuhyun sighed and simply hummed, although the bed was big enough for both of them, they still used to bring out the sleeping bag. He looked at Hyukjae jumping into the bag and he sat up, also undressing himself until he was left in his boxers and shirt. 

 

After one final look at each other, Hyukjae yawned and closed his eyes. "Kyu," he called, obviously sleepy.

 

"Yes?" Kyuhyun asked, looking down at Hyukjae from the bed.

 

Hyukjae cuddled himself with the bag and stood silent for a few seconds. "Thank you for being with me now," he mumbled.

 

Kyuhyun smiled. Hyukjae was usually so sad that he would cry the entire night and miss school the next day. Kyuhyun always stayed there to make sure Hyukjae would distract himself. "I know you can't live without me, , that's why."

 

Hyukjae pouted adorably, something he wouldn't do in his right mind. "I don't even know why I had a crush on you in middle school, you're a ing pain in the ," he grumbled, eyes still closed before a yawn could be heard from him.

 

Kyuhyun sat up abruptly, looking down at Hyukjae. "What?" He asked, truly impressed by the new revelation. "Yah Hyukjae, don't sleep!"

 

Hyukjae only mumbled incoherent things before Kyuhyun realized he was already sleeping. "Idiot," he groaned annoyed, once again throwing himself on the bed, closing his eyes and sighing deeply. "I liked you too, Hyukjae..."

 

......……………………

 

"I said, what?" Hyukjae raised an eyebrow, fixing his hair as Kyuhyun put on his jacket, both already showered and clean.

 

"That you had a crush on me in middle school," Kyuhyun said, pushing Hyukjae away from the mirror to fix his own hair. "Which I can truly understand, I'm so ing amazing."

 

Hyukjae looked at Kyuhyun. "I dreamt about you know who," he admitted. "I was probably talking about him..."

 

Kyuhyun glanced at Hyukjae, feeling his insides clench painfully. "You are really a ing idiot, aren't you?"

 

Hyukjae slapped his nape. "I know, but it's been only a few days, give me time!"

 

"I swear I'll kick your balls if you come back with him," Kyuhyun threatened, going back to arrange his school bag.

 

Hyukjae shook his head. "I decided I won't," he smiled determined. 

 

"You told me that the first time," Kyuhyun chuckled. "You have no self-stem." 

 

"Because you stole it from me," Hyukjae said. "You're so full of yourself."

 

"But I have a reason to be," Kyuhyun nodded, hanging his bag over his shoulder, Hyukjae doing the same. "I'm perfect."

 

"Whoever told you that just wanted me dead," Hyukjae pushed Kyuhyun out from his house to lock the door. "You're so annoying."

 

"Alright, whatever," Kyuhyun dismissed him with a hand gesture, looking towards the streets as Hyukjae locked the door. "Anyway, I'll go get Vic," he announced, stretching his arms. 

 

Hyukjae hummed, nodding. "Alright, see you at school."

 

As soon as Kyuhyun disappeared from his sight, Hyukjae rested his body against the wall, bringing his hand to his overly excited heart. "Did I really reveal to him that I used to like him?" He groaned annoyed, turning around to hit his forehead against the wall. "Stupid Hyukjae..."

 

…………………………

 

Hyukjae walked in, the classroom was already noisy and all his classmates were playing around. He went to his spot, yawning softly before fixing himself on his chair. "Hyuk!" 

 

Kyuhyun slapped his nape and Hyukjae groaned annoyed, glaring at his friend that sat by his side. "I still don't know why you're in this class with me."

 

"Because Vic isn't taking AP math like us, so I couldn't arrange it," Kyuhyun laughed, grinning widely. "I bet you miss my handsome face."

 

Hyukjae raised an eyebrow. "This is the only class we have together and how much I wish I took regular math."

 

"ing rude, ," Kyuhyun flicked Hyukjae's forehead with his fingers.

 

"Ouch," Hyukjae rubbed his forehead. "How annoying, I'll look for another seat," he looked around, smirking when he found Seohyun, the girl that was obviously obsessed over Kyuhyun. "Seohyun will gladly change with me, I bet."

 

"Yah Hyukjae!" Kyuhyun held his arm firmly. "Don't be an ."

 

Hyukjae looked at Kyuhyun, letting his lip lift up in a maliciously smirk before turning around towards the girl that was looking at their interaction, as always. "Hey Seo!" He grinned widely, standing up from his seat with his bag hanging from his shoulder.

 

"Hyukjae!" Kyuhyun hissed.

 

Hyukjae didn't even turn around and freed himself from Kyuhyun's grip, walking towards Seohyun who was obviously overly excited and didn't doubt a second to stand up and go towards Kyuhyun.

 

As soon as Hyukjae sat down in his new seat, he turned around and glanced back at Kyuhyun and the way he was trying hard to ignore the fan girl Seohyun. He laughed softly and grinned for himself. 

 

It was the most peaceful math class he had had for years.

 

…………………………

 

"ing ," Kyuhyun hissed annoyed, sitting in front of him with a deep frown in his forehead. "Traitor." 

 

"Ever since the beginning, you didn't want to have classes with me. I thought you would be glad if I sat away," Hyukjae smiled up innocently, his book in his hands. "Where's Victoria?"

 

Kyuhyun rolled his eyes, looking down at his hamburger. "She's eating with her friends," he looked at Hyukjae. "Aren't you eating something?"

 

Hyukjae shook his head, looking down at his book. "Not hungry," he simply said, staying quiet for a few seconds before glaring at Kyuhyun. "Why the hell are you my only good friend?"

 

Kyuhyun munched his food, raising an eyebrow before swallowing. "Because I'm nice as ," he said. "No friend would stand you exchanging seats with Seonuts."

 

Hyukjae nodded, closing his book before handing Kyuhyun a chocolate bar. "No friend would change his entire schedule to be with his girlfriend," he said. "I have to be with Seonuts almost all my classes and she doesn't stop talking about you."

 

Kyuhyun stopped his movements for a few seconds before realizing what Hyukjae just said, slowly reaching his hand to grab the chocolate. "Do you really have no one to talk to?" He asked. If Hyukjae had to stand that girl all his classes, it meant he really had no one else to be with.

 

"Since a ing used to beat the crap up of everyone that ever got close to me, I have no one now," Hyukjae glared at Kyuhyun. 

 

Kyuhyun laughed. "Because they didn't have good intentions!" He defended, nodding for himself. "I'm one hell of a good friend."

 

"Whatever," Hyukjae rolled his eyes. "I just gave you a small taste of what I have to stand the entire day."

 

Kyuhyun sighed, opening the chocolate bar. "You don't appreciate me enough."

 

"Maybe because you're an ," Hyukjae said, standing up. "Anyway, see you later, I'm going to the library."

 

"Me too!" Kyuhyun exclaimed, standing up. "Wait for me there, I have to go get something first."

 

"I'll hide well, then," Hyukjae said, already walking away before stopping to turn around. "Don't take too long."

 

Kyuhyun grinned, shaking his head.