Chapter 5

Monochrome

“We’re all natural actors, and you’re a really bad one. Just so you know.”

“I know, Myungsoo, I know.”

“You can talk to me whenever you want to, you know,”

 

Stupid butthead doesn’t even understand that the whole problem lies with him.

 

“I know.”

“If you’re really uncomfortable living away from your parents you can always stay over at my place you k-”

“It isn’t about them, Myungsoo.”

“Text me anytime alright?”

“Yeah. It’s late. Go home.”

“Oh yeah, and Myung, thanks for today.” I genuinely flashed a smile. I was really thankful for today.

“Bye Ju, take a nap once you get inside alright?”

“I will. Now go.”

“Bye.”

 

As I glanced at that retreating figure, I couldn’t help but to think twice about how I was feeling. Was this truly love? What was love? What is love?

I guess it was just me seeking him as a shelter, and the fact that I believed that this shelter meant love, when love really meant sharing the burden and working things out no matter what. And above all, not hiding anything from each other.

I guess this just wasn’t it.

 

^So… How was your date with LoverBoy? - Sooyeon <3
^It isn’t a date dammit. - J
^Why is he even bothering to bring you out after he has a girlfriend? - Gongju <3
^Maybe he likes you too! - Sooyeon <3
^Don’t be stupid. - J
^I just woke up. - JungSon <3
^Your prince finally decided to kiss you and wake you up from your deep sleep, my dear princess? -J

See, that was the thing about group chats. They never fail to unite and talk about a topic for three seconds before moving onto another. I mean they-

“I’M HOME!”

Feeling utmost irritated by the voice, I took a deep breath and spoke as calmly as I could.

“1. Shut up. 2. This isn’t a home. It’s a place where people live, but without feelings. 3. In addition to all that I’ve just said, you’re paying me rent, so all the more this isn’t a home.”

“Calm down Wildchild~ Wooh~ Who’s been pissin’ you off today?”

“No one.”

“Period?”

“Over two weeks ago.”

“Okay, okay. I got you ice-cream and Starbucks. I’ld put them in the fridge.”

 

This guy right here, (yes it’s a guy) his name is ChoiJongHoon, also known as Ulzzang Boy. Can’t be bothered to know him well, but all I know is that he’s three years older than me, plays loads of instruments, and pretty much lives off his pretty face.

With absolute zero concern given to him, I went into the room to take a shower before I took a quick nap.

--

 

Then came evening where I finally decided to wake up from the supposed nap, only to find my phone flooded with notifications from the different group chats, with topics ranging from homework to guys to girls and to whatever theme you can ever think of.

Thank god it was Friday, which meant that I, could stay in and watch a movie and maybe study afterwards.

 

However, I was wrong.

 

“Hello?”

“Is this Ms Ju?”

“No… Erm, yes. Yes I am. And you are?”

 

I swear to god I absolutely hate it when people just decide to casually assume that my surname is Ju like god dammit no, Ju is my god damn name!

 

“The owner of the phone is drunk and he gave instructions for you to pick him up.”

“Okay. Text me the address. Thanks."

 

ing burden. ChoiJongHoon I swear to god you owe me a lifetime of Starbucks for doing all these for you when you’re just a god damn tenant.

No wonder he got me Starbucks today.

 

--

Wearing a tank top and shorts, I wasted no time in getting to the club, only to find the dear Ulzzang Boy in a mess. Like literally.

Heavy reeks of alcohol could be detected from miles, and his hair was in a mess. Hickeys could be spotted clearly on his neck, and he clearly was not one bit sober.

“Let’s go,” I huffed, as I placed his arm over my shoulder, attempting to carry him and guide him to the taxi.

Before I could successfully get into the cab, however,

“Ju! What a coincidence!”


Hello to the new subbies!:) Hope you've enjoyed my story so far. This chapter is definitely not as pleasing and satisfactory as compared to the rest, but I just didn't want to keep you guys waiting for the new chapter, so here's a quick update!:) I'll be editing the previous chapters and polish up some grammatical errors during the weekends so pardon me if you spot some grammatical errors here and there.

Till then, do subscribe and comment!:)