Chapter 3

Monochrome

“I took notes for you,”

 

Is this a dream or am I in heaven? The almighty KimMyungsoo copying notes for me, was that your assumption of what my reaction would be?

 

I told you not to assume. -.-

 

“Thanks, I owe you one.” was all I could mumble, before opening my notebook and furiously scribble on it once Mr Choi decided to continue his bullet train of ideas and theories.

 

“Ow! What the f-” I mentally yelled as I glared at the direction of where the paper ball that hit my head bullseye came from.

 

JungSooYeon.

 

I smirked at her as I opened the note.

 

So… Lover boy decided to write you a book on how much he’s friendzoning you?

 

And then an eraser fell off the the end of the note. So that was what made that paperball potentially dangerous and might cause me to lose my memory.

 

What’s with the eraser? Afraid that you’ld fail at throwing and get caught again? It’s just my notebook dammit. Where were you the whole morning?! I had to face the wrath of drama queen through the break. Why can’t they be like Romeo and Juliet and just die =.=

 

Satisfied with my answer, I threw the paper ball right back at her, with it gracefully hitting her face. Karma, Sooyeon, karma.

 

Just so you know, I’m not on bad terms with the whole female population in the school. In fact, I’m part of what’s known as the queen bee clan. So instead of having people like Suji being popular with everyone but not necessarily having any close friends, I’m close to six of the queen bees, but closer to three of them, in which we call ourselves, the residue.

 

You know how they always want the filtrate, the pure liquid from any reaction. //Waves// Hi that’s us. You’ve just met JungSooYeon, one of the closest girls out of the three. She’s pretty and sporty, a jack of all trade. She even specialises in first-aid. But trust me, if you’re ever hurt in any physical way, she’s not the person to think of, like never.

 

To our dear girl, Paracetamol is used to cure all internal pains, and plaster is used to solve any external scratches or injuries. That’s how much of a first-aider she is. But given all that bimbotic traits of hers, she’s this tiny fuzz of joy who didn’t really judge me for being boyish given the fact that she’s played football since young and is absolutely in love with anything Ferrari.

Mr Choi’s period ended, and there came Ms Kim.

 

Ten minutes into the lesson, two of the beauties walked in. More like sleeping beauties.

 

Let’s just skip the part where Ms Kim gave a lecture and the two of them couldn’t be slightly bothered, shall we?

 

ChoiGongJu and KimJungSon, my two other dearest friends that are pretty much equivalent to sleeping beauty.

 

ChoiGongJu, also known as the ice-princess, has her personality reflected in her name. One word: Royalty. Treat her with utter disrespect, and you’ll have to go about kneeling and kissing her foot for the rest of your life, even if she dies earlier than you. Guys love her, but never ever get the guts to say it in her face. Either she’s too unapproachable, or guys just think that she’s constantly angry cuz she hardly smiles.

 

KimJungSon, our dear basketball captain, Hoya’s dearest girlfriend of all time. Netballer since birth, but despite all that sporty traits that upholds the name of the game Netball, she’s one lazy sportswoman who sleeps whenever she can. Her ability to sleep anywhere and everywhere marvels me. She once fell asleep while queuing for Macdonalds just because the lady infront of her was taking up too much time.

 

The other three, we’ll just see how it goes.

 

--

 

School ended after twenty million mundane lessons and as usual, I was dragged out of the class, not by the guys, but by the girls instead.

 

“Ju, lunch?” SooYeon asked, as we headed out of the school gates.

 

“Ju!”

 

I spun around, only to see Lover-boy cycling towards me.

 

“Sorry girls, we need some quality time together,” he said as he pulled me onto his bike and he cycled away to god-knows-where, leaving the three of them dumbfounded, in pure shock.


Double update! :) Hello to the new subbies :) I don't think I'll be adding more characters anymore. Maybe three more and I'm done for characters. Sorry if I'm bringing in too many people at a time!

In the meantime, do subscribe and comment:)