Chapter 4

Monochrome

It felt just like the old days, long before Suji even appeared. Myungsoo prefers to call her Suzy, not like I actually care, but still, I pretty much lost a friend after he drowned in the love river.

 

It actually felt really good to spend some quality time together, not that I actually cared if Suzy actually minded. I’m not in a relationship with him and I’m definitely hanging out with him as a friend, so we’re technically not doing anything wrong or immoral for that matter.

 

Hugging his waist, it felt all so familiar and secure. It was like the good old times where we used to hang out and he’ld cycle me around the neighbourhood at the age of ten and show me this new place he’d found.

 

Enough with the sentimental looking back, as he stopped his bike and we pretty much landed at an ice-cream parlour.

 

He flashed a smiley grin at me as his eyes naturally turned into crescents of joy and pulled me into the store.

 

“One Java Coffee, Death by Chocolate and Cotton Candy. Do you have Tiramisu?”

 

Wowowowowow. Wait a minute.

 

He actually remembers?

 

Before I could even react, he took the big cup of ice-cream and brought it to a table at which we both sat down.

 

“I’m impressed Lover Boy. You actually remember my favourite flavours?”

 

Silently, he smirked.

 

“I actually thought I was flushed out of your system once Ms Popz appeared,” I mocked.

 

“Ms Popz?”

 

“Yeah, popz for popular?? Heck, she’s pretty much known as Mother Mary around here,” I scoffed, as I started stuffing myself with ice-cream.

 

As we started catching up on whatever that was going on and reminiscing about whatever that happened in the past, with no absolute mention of Suzy, I couldn’t help but to think and be thankful to Myungsoo.

 

As long as he was there, life was always monochrome, simple yet delicate. Too many colours proved to be too messy at times, and he was always the one calming me down, and he knew exactly how to work his magic around things. That’s the thing I really like about the dear Lover Boy. No matter how much love he has for that Bae Suzy, he’ld consciously spare a thought for people around him, neglecting no one.

 

People thought that black and white was dull, boring and just full of nothing. Instead of thinking about it negatively, doesn’t it give someone the chance to explore, think, and imagine? We’ld then pay attention to the fine details of one’s facial expression, the clothes, tiny things that would not have been noticed if colours were added on to it.

 

It’s subjective, and it’s all down to one’s opinion. But right now, I’m just enjoying my moment with my dear best friend.

 


Triple update! With a quick one on Ju's interactions with Myungsoo:) Prolly gonna continue the rest in school and then find time to convert it into word doc then onto the site. HEY NEW SUBBIE!:) Sorry if it's short but I just wanted to close this tiny segment once and for all before starting on new ones. (I know how painful it is to be left hanging)
 
In the meantime, do subscribe and comment!:) 

And to that special you, thank you for the karma points!:) XOXO