Prologue

Monochrome

The way he smiled at her. The way he laughed for her. The way he looked at her. It pained me.

Her name’s Bae Suji, President of the Drama Club, also known as the sweetheart of the school. Wherever she goes, guys would flock to her and shower her with infinite love no matter what her relationship status is. No day would ever go by until you see her lockers filled with love letters and her table filled with tiny milk boxes with a post-it stuck on it which prolly contains a desperate guy’s attempt at wooing her.

His name is Kim Myungsoo, President of the Student Council, also known as the school heartthrob. Trying eavesdropping the conversations that the ladies in our school have, and you’ld definitely hear his name. He’s that popular. Not only is his top position on the “Top ten ideal guys” more solid than what the human population thinks of the element diamond, I dare say he would never go hungry or penniless because his special fanclub would have it sorted in a minute. Yes, he has a fanclub.

 

And yes, this 183cm guy is my crush bestfriend.

 

Okay, you caught me.

 

I like him.

I mean, who doesn’t?

But before I go on about liking him and all that bla bla bla, I’m just here to clear a few misconceptions. So if you’re one of those fangirls who think that ‘I know Mr President all that well’, think again.

1. He does not like sweet food. Sweets, sweet drinks, sweet foods, none. He’s more of a sour person, like he has a preference for sour food, not that he’s actually a very sour person. Okay, well maybe he is, but I really don’t want to break or ruin anyone’s image/imagination of who he is, so happy being delusional. He dances, and he works out, alot, just to impress that one person. But the thing about him is that he never drinks energy drinks of sort in any case. (I’m actually starting to doubt if he’s been drinking water since he was born.) It’s really only once in a while where he truly sits down to enjoy a slice of thick creamy chocolate cake.

2. He loves god. Like he literally goes all out to worship that non-existent person. I’m sorry if I’m about to offend anyone but his ways are really just too annoying to handle. He talks about god 24/7 and just links every single thing or happening to the man on the cross. Seriously, it’s a little too much. But he’s really devoted, so you can pretty much choose which way you want to view of him.

3. He plays the guitar. I don’t know if he’s just plain talented or he has too much time in his hands. Oh yes, and he has really calloused hands from excessive playing. He started since he was nine, and he’s been pretty much playing it for more that eight years now. If you ever get stuck on what to give him as a birthday present, just give him hand cream. It always works.

4. His favourite colour is not black. Not black. I don’t get why his fangirls love to assume that his favourite colour is black. Okay, yeah, sure he does wear black and pretty much the grey toned kind of clothes whenever he goes to school, but that does not justify his favourite colour in any sense. He merely finds black easy to match, rather than to anyhow grab a shirt from the wardrobe and end up looking like a clown with a neon yellow shirt fit together with a green and red striped pants. Black pretty much helps to allow him to keep a distance by maintaining this supposed ‘aura’ that the girls just cannot stop harping about.

I’m being a little too exposing of him, so I’ld just keep you at that and start focusing on myself instead.

I’m 19, and my name’s Ju. It’s not some surname which you’ld find really awkward pronouncing, but the Ju from Judy. I studied in Canada till I was four before moving back to Korea because of the apparent need that was felt by both parents to “connect with my roots” and my grandmother’s logic of not wanting me to turn into a “white girl”. Sooooo much logic.

So now that you’re filled in with what you know, let me take you on this rollercoaster ride on my graduation year:)


Hi there! 

If you’re expecting a love story of sort, sorry guys, this isn’t the whole k-drama thing. It’s pretty much slice of life where there are good and bad, and there’s never really an answer to everything. It's my first official fanfic with twenty million ones that were never completed. *cross fingers* I really hope I won't have a writer's block anytime soon and I'll try to update asap! But no promises cuz I'm having my finals this year.

I guess that’s about it from me on the prologue and the main things that I have to fill you in about. Do comment and subscribe :) Thank you! :)