A Joyful Jackson

Too Good To Me [HIATUS]
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

« My mind never sleeps. »

The next morning, an idiot jumped from his chair when he heard the bell signaling the end of the last class of the morning. Indeed, he  was surprised to discover that the morning was spent faster than he had tought, too preoccupied to get lost in his own thoughts, smiling like a realidiot, well, an handsome idiot. He put his things in his bag, even if he isn't served of them nd left the class room, still smiling despite the fact the weather wasn't good, leaving place to a gray and stormy weather, which would depress most normal people. But of course, today Jackson wasn't a normal person. He was enjoying too much this day, with his smile who hadn't lost since his awakening. Little know that one person was watching him right now, on the corner of the door.

- Wow... Have you eat diamonds for breakfast to shine like this today ? This person asked, with a curious face.

Jackson just smiled harder, a smile from ear to ear like people says, joining his friend who was waiting, without even giving him an answer. His friend looked at him head towards the cafeteria, confused and a little upset to have been ignored by his own best friend. He hurried to join him, cursing him.

- Yah ! Jackson, you can't ignore me like this, you know ! I thought I was your best friend ! 

- Let's eat, Mark. I'm starving. He simply answered, laughing slightly at the reaction of his friend before entering the cafeteria with a pouting face at his side.

The cafeteria was, as usual, crowded with people. Well, note the huge queue of hungry students not far away. The brown-hair never saw a such huge queue before, at least, if he has already seen one, he doesn't remember at all. Maybe the food was good today. Fortunately for him, he didn't have to be a part of these terribly hungry student today, thank to one and only one person. His smile at this only thought, which earned him a suspicious look of this red-hair, who still doesn't understand what was going on with his best friend. 

They were looking at the table where their others friends are sitting, when they founded it, they started to reach this table. But, suddenly, a laugh stopped Jackson, not realizing that his own heart skipped a beat at this sound. It wasn't a simple laugh. It wasn't a weird laugh either. No, it was more than this. It was a melodious laugh to Jackson, the kind of laugh that he could listen all the day without even being tired. Thus he was looking for the owner of that laugh, that his mind knew too well. This person was here, a few tables away, enjoying his own lunch with his friends while talking and laughing at the same time. " How can soemone be pretty even with his cheeks filled with food, like a hamster ? " he tought while watching this person be so happy. " How can someone be so happy, enjoying each moment of the life, despite all the bad things that have happened ? " he thought again, still watching this person. He still couldn't believe everything this person told him. He still couldn't believe how this person can be so strong. How him, himself, couldn't fix his little matters without help while that person can do it alone. He was so in his thoughts that he didn't hear of his friends who were calling for him, before joining them after a few minutes of contemplation, ignoring the fast beating of his own heart.

- Yah ! Jackson, stop ignoring people today, please ! Said his best friend while he sat next to him, not answering but still smiling like an idiot since the morning.

The lunch was quiet. Well, people love quiet lunch, in general of course, but when you aren't used to it, it's difficult. Especially when one of your friend which he is usually noisy, making jokes that only him can understand, is now particularly quiet. Very quiet. Too quiet. How would you react ? You will be worried, right ? Well, good thing because now, the friends around the table were worried. They were watching at their stupid friend who was smiling, laughing alone sometimes thank to his own thoughts that only him have the right to know probably, enjoying a homemade lunch. Completely in the clouds. 

- What's wrong with him Mark ? Whispered one of the friends.

- I don't know either. Shooking his head. He's like this since this morning. When I ask him to tell mi what make him so... Smiling, he doesn't even answer me. Worst, he ignore him. I really don't know what's wrong with this guy, he doesn't look like the best friend that I used to know. He sighs

It was true. Mark didn't recognize his best friend since he came to high school this morning. Jackson doesn't pick a word. The red-hair was worried. After all, what would have happened to this noisy brother of heart to become so quiet ? It wasn't like him. It wasn't like him at all. Altough there was a time when Jackson was like this. Once he became silent without showing emotions during two days because his parents forget his birthday. He was deeply wounded that day, and it was understanding. But today was different, Jackson was quiet, yes, but he was smiling. And the thing that Mark could read in his eyes, this thing was Joy. Jackson was joyful and somehow it reassured him. It was something that he missed about his friend. He doesn't know what have happened but he was sure that it was something good. He simply know that he will be here when his best friend would like to talk to him about it.

On the other hand, Jackson was, him, in his toughts. Again. Not forgetting to also enjoy the tasty homemade lunch. It has been so long that he didn't eat homemade lunch at high school that he had almost forgotten the taste. Like yesterday, when he stayed at Bambam's house, he had forgotten the welfare to be a part of a family and to share moments with her. He couldn't erase the memories he created yesterday, the moments he shared with Bambam's family and especially Bambam. He felt like he was home. He felt like if it was his home too. So, when Bambam's mom told him that he could come when he wants, that their home was his home too, he felt happy. Really happy, welcomed and loved by people who barely know him unlike the indifference from his own parents. Altough the revelations of Bambam's life, that night, Jackson fell asleep lighthearted and safe. It was one of the reasons of his smile. Well, the most reason was what happened when he awoke a few hours ago...

- Jack ! Jack ! The Earth call Jackson ! A brown macchiato head said, waving his hands in front of his eyes that startled Jackson.

- Hum ? The latter replied without give up his bright smile.

- Oh thank God, you're not dead. Mark joked. You know, you should be careful to not have cramps to smile much like you do. He smiled. Not knowing if it was possible to Jackson to smile even more now.

- Y

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter