Welcome to my world

Too Good To Me [HIATUS]
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

« Stop holding onto what hurts and make a room for what make feel good.  »

~ Flashback ~

Jackson stood outside, sitting on a bench in high school, thinking. He was looking for an another solution, a plan B, to approach this blonde head, which by the way, a real stubborn. But, that's alright, Jackson is more stubborn and more determined to become a friend of this angelic face. " How a such angelic face can be so difficult to reach ? " he thought. He had touch his pride in rejecting as he did for the past few days, but also offering to sing in front of people who he doesn't even know. Not even knowing himself if he could sing. He feels that his nerves haven't finished being put to rough tests. He always control his emotions, his feelings but lately, it was like losing control. The feeling of being held by strings by this enigmatic person, like a puppet. And he doesn't like it.

- Mr. Wang, is he trying to skip class ? Said a deep and husky voice.

Jackson merely raise his head towards the speaker, who is none other than his best friend, with a frustrated face. His best friend noticed it and sat next to him, a hand on his shoulder, sign of support. 

- It doesn't work well with your new friend ? He asked with a concerned voice.

The frustrated face sigh loudly. And shook his head lightly.

- This is the first time I see you also affected by someone. Is he so exigente ?

- Yes... You can't even imagine ! He's just... very annoying and he get me angry, confused and frustrated so easily. He continues, discouraged. He isn't even popular or exceptional, but he continues to ignore me, to reject me each time I make a step towards him.

Mark began to chucke, unable to stop himself. Which amplified the frustration of his best friend. The latter give him a punch in his shoulder.

- Yah ! Mark, you're supposed to be my best friend, you know the type of person to support me, to help me, to advice me or even to reassure me. Not openly to make fun of me ! Exclaimed Jackson, visibly angry of his friend behavior.

The red-hair tried to calm down in order to help him, although it was difficult, seeing the discontent expressions of Jackson. While he was known to be beautiful, athletic and to always know how to control pretty well himself. Avoiding fights and having almost a good behavior. It was rare to see him like this. So out of him. This something that Jackson never shows to the others. Perhaps for fear of being judged.

- I'm sorry, said honestly the red-hair. Well, It's just that the great and handsome Wang, idolized by all the girls, finally experienced rejection, a mischievous smile painted on his lips. That's pretty funny !

- It's not funny. A serious face said. I don't know what to do. He sigh. Should I accept his challenge and take the risk to be fool in front of a crowd ? I'm lost..

The handsome red-hair looked at him with concern.

- What challenge talking about, Jack ?

- I asked me to prove my sincerity towards him, singing tonight in front of a crowd at his job.

His best friend looked at him, incredulous. All that came to his mind was that this guy had a strong enough character to ask him to do that. But, he was very smart too, 'cause its definitely something that his friend can't do. Then, perfect to be rid of him. " A true genius." he thinks.

- Why don't you just accept the defeat rather than lamenting on your own fate ? An amused voice asked.

- Yah ! Youngjae ! What are you doing ? 

- Well, I give him the simplest solution. He said with a big smile.

Jackson stayed silent during a few minutes. Should he give up ? And accept his defeat ? Or should he continues, trying everything to succeed ? At this moment, it wasn't his heart that decided the answer, but only his pride, his ego.

- I'll not give up Youngjae. I wouldn't lose, even if I have to sing for it. He said firmly, face full of determination.

Youngjae smiled at him, as if he knew what the answer of his friend was since the beginning. Jackson never accept losing and he knew it. So, when he challenges him to give up, he already knew that he wouldn't do it. Mark gave him a pat on the back, happy that his friend was now back, like he used to know him. Full of confidence. Without any doubt in his mind. Just determination.

- Well, I suppose that you have just to practice now if you don't want to be ridiculous.

Jackson nodded. His two friends walked towards their class while Jackson stayed here, alone. He knew that he had to practice. He didn't know yet if he could sing enough well to not appear dumb. It's like this that he spent the whole day on the bench, praticing for his tonight challenge.

His flashback ended when he heard the music begin. Bambam was the first to sing as if he wanted to get Jackson comfortable. The latter was internally grateful for the attention. Altough he was full of confidence, full of determination and had a strong personnality, at this moment, he was just afraid to ruin it. To ruin his efforts. He can't disapoint himself. He can't fail to become friend with this little devil next to hide. He closes his eyes again to be focused. And start to sing without regrets, 'cause regrets were too late now.

Surprisingly his voice didn't sound that bad compared to this afternoon of practices. He couldn't believe it was his voice could be heard. Maybe his efforts have finally paid off. Maybe it wasn't so difficult that he had imagined. He found himseld even loved singing. A new feeling was born, without knowing why, certainly driven by that feeling of excitation, he opened his eyes and for the first time since long he was happy, like really happy thank to their performance but mostly thank to the cheerful faces of the crowd who looked at them, smiling. He felt loved, altough that he was loved as usual, but this time is different, he felt truly loved for himself, his own values and not what the people want to see on him or what he wants to show. It was an indescribable feeling that he'll certainly never forget. He promised to personnaly thank this blond devil for gave him this opportunity, to experience this new feeling, that warmth in his heart.

They both walked side by side, in silent, on the way back to their respective home. The air wasn't too chilly, it was even pretty good. The streets were almost deserted by an hour so late. They haven't spoken since they left the pub and eventually the crowd behind. Maybe because they feel uncomfortable towards the other. Although they did a deal, it was as if the things would be even more difficult now they have to hang out with each other. After a few long minutes, one of the both, decided to speak.

- T-Thank you.. 

The other looked at him, not understanding. Then, the other rubbed his neck, sign of nervousness, not knowing if he had to say the reason of his thanks. He didn't dare to look at him. Still uncomfortable between them.

- Thank you for your challenge.. He tried.

A slight crystalline laugh was heard. Extended by the echo of almost deserted streets they came to pass. He had never heard a such amazing laugh. This time, he can't help but looked at him. The smiling face by his side was pretty. Very pretty. This guy have a type of smile who can make anyone smile just by seeing. "He has.. A contagious happy smile. " he thought.

- It was nothing. I guess I have to thank you too. The other said, his eyes fixed straight ahead. 

- For following you everywhere the past few days ? He said with a comic tone.

- Absolutely not for that ! Exclaimed Bambam followed by a light laugh. Thank you for forgiving me my bad behavior towards you. Thank you also to have sung with me tonight. Even if you did it because of my challenge.

Jackson smiled. Not a fake smile. A sincere smile. Even if Bambam couldn't see it 'cause he wasn't looking. Although he has a strong character, he not seems difficult to approach. Nor so difficult to understand now. It's true that if someone had to talk to him, like that, suddenly, he would ask questions to himself and would have been suspicious. At this moment, he thought : " Maybe I had approached him in the wrong way in a few days earlier ? " And now, without realizing it, his voice spoke for him.

- I'm sorry. To approach you like I did it. I didn't realize that will be strange. He paused. Now that I thinl about it, I wouldn't have done it that way.

- Well, you looked like a stalker, running a hand through his blond hair. I really didn't like it.

The brown-hair felt ashamed for having done this. Well, who would love someone act like a stalker ? No one. Except those sadomasochism people perhaps. He got an idea to restart on the right foot

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter