Maybe it wasn't a good idea

Too Good To Me [HIATUS]
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

« When you open up to the world, you have to accept to being hurt sometimes. »

A still small voice destabilized by what it had just happened, broke the long and heavy silence that had settledbetween them since their departure. And this small vocie belonged to no one else except Bambam.

- How..  Still hesitant. How did you know ?

- What ?  Replied Jackson  in a single breath, still walking.

Bambam looked down at his feet, wiggling his fingers, wondering why Jackson replied briefly to get him to explain something he wasn't proud at all. It was something he didn't like from the popular guy.

- How did you know I lied to you ?

- Oh. It was the only answer that he gave to him. Then five long minutes have landed like to blame him more. I met your friends on my way to meet my friends. Finally added the husky voice. At least, one of your friends, the taller. How he called ? Yuga.. No, something more like Yugo.. 

- Yugyeom. Cut him off Bambam.

- Oh, yeah, Yugyeom. I think it's something like that. 

The baby-faced looked at him exasperated. " Does he it on purpose ? I just told him it was his name ! Plus, he met him already twice. How he can't even memorize a simple name ?! " he asked himself, a little upset by the behaviour of the latter. Before the voice of his anger sounded.

- I asked him why you weren't with him. That's when he looked at me with an I-don't-know-what-are-you-talking-about that I understood.

- Hum... Alright. It was the only thing that he managed to say in answer.

They walked in silence again. Looking right in front of them, without even try to look at the other. The atmosphere wasn't really looking good. They seemed to be thinking something. Maybe trying to find a way to broke this heavy silence. That was the most heavy silence in their life when one of them stopped walking suddenly, which made the other stop in surprise. They looked at each other, right in their eyes. One had a serious gaze when the other had a questioning gaze.

- Let us agree on one thing. No lies between us. We can't build a friendship on lies. Don't you think ?

For the first time, the other can't deny it. That was true. Since when friendship are built on lies ? If you start to lie, so your whole relationship is a lie. Right ? They aren't much people in a world who are honest. Why not try to not be in the liars and be in the honests ? Like this, people can build a strong relationship. On the fact, the other can just nodded to the other. But the other didn't seemed satisfied with this simple nod. 

- Promises me. The promises are made to be kept. So, if you promise, it mean that you have to keep your promise.

- Promise. 

Jackson let out a smile. He was satisfied by the answer of Bambam. Even if sometimes, no, the most of the time, the latter seems to be distant, difficult to understand but more difficult to approach, and make always him returns to the starting point, he knew at this moment the promise means something. They walking again, this time the atmosphere was much better, the both were relieved of that little conversation that had settled them. These guys wanted to enjoy this beautiful day to have fun and forget all their misunderstandings since they met. Little by little, they could see the beach filled with people, especially students.

- Hey, Jack ! One person smiling said, waving his hand in direction to the concerned person.

The face of Jackson lit up with a huge smile at the sight of this person. Bambam didn't fail to notice. " So, this is his real smile... Bright and beautiful at the same time.  He should smile more often. Really more often. " Then, he remembered this night at the pub where he said the same thing. " No, it's not is real smile.. His brighest smile was really this night on the stage. But, this one isn't bad either. " he though, completely absorbed in his own thoughts that he hadn't noticed that he was now in front of this person, smiling at him, in a mysterious way.

- Youngjae, here Bambam. Jackson said introducing one to the other. Bambam, here Youngjae, one of my friends.

- Nice to meet you Bambam. I heard a lot about you. He said with a smirk.

This sentence took aback Bambam. " What did he mean by ' I heard a lot about you ' ?  Jackson talked about me ? Or there people who talk about me in high school ? His smirk is suspicious, I don't like it. I have a bad feeling.. " he tought when the voice from beside him called him. Which made him jump by the way.

- Oh... I'm sorry. He stammered. Nice to meet you. I guess, I heard a lot about you too. He added without even a little smile.

Of course, Youngjae was popular too, so he already heard a lot about him too. Play boy, snooty and stupid were the words that came to Bambam when he saw him. Detestable was the word making the summary. They defied the looks. Not wanting to lower their eyes before the other. Tension here between them. Bambam was trying to read in the other look, when the other, Youngjae, wanted just to provoke him with an amused face. And Jackson noticed it very quickly. He had to do something before something happens between these two. He searched when he saw a familiar head off .Then, the only thing he did, was to take the wrist of Bambam and take him to this person.

Bambam didn't realize anything until he no longer sees the sly look of this guy he considered detestable. He felt jsut dragged somewhere by a heat that had settled around his wrist. And when he looked down to see who it belonged to, his heart skipped  a beat, one and a single beat. It was Jackson. He panicked.

- Jackson, where are you-

- Mark ! He cut him off.

A red-hair turned to face them, smiling with a bright and shining smile. Wait, we can tell shining smile, right ? Yeah, whatever, this guy have a shining smile, that's all. Mark came to them, happy to see his best friend here with the secret guy that he knew only the name.

- Hey Jackson. Then, he looked at the baby-faced. Bambam, right ? Bambam nodded with a smile. But this time, a kind smile. I'm Mark, the best friend of this animal just next to you. Which make them smile and laugh at the same time, when Jackson was just trying to hit Mark on his shoulder.

- Alright ! I let you having fun of me, I'll help Youngjae with the stuffs. And he left them alone, a little upset because people know that, Jackson don't like when people mocks him. What makes Bambam and Mark laugh more harder. 

Bambam and Mark were in the process of installing the towels on the sand, very hot sand and planting umbrellas not to finish grilling at the end of the day. Bambam met five other people, four girls and one guy, who seemed quite sympatiques at first sight and first greeting. They didn't speak much with each other during the installation, but Bambam shared some conversation with Mark. Even after they finished.

- Jackson has he always been so persistant ? asked the blond-hair, sitting shirtless on his towel.

- Yes. Always. Nodded Mark. But, you know, he's not a bad person. I know him since kindergarden, so I know him pretty well. He reassured him.

The younger guy just nodded. He had so many questions to ask to Mark about Jackson. Jackson was an enigma. He didn't understand him well sometimes, well the most of time actually, but it's just a little accuracy. Right ? " Maybe Jackson think the same way about me ? " he thought again, and without knowing it, he laughed. Mark, surprised, looked at him with a curious look.

- I said something funny ? 

Bambam hardly taken his spirits. And looked at Mark with a smiling face and negatively nodded. No, of course, it wasn't his words. But, only his thoughts.

- You have a pretty smile, Bambam. Said Mark sincerely.

Bambam blushed at this words. Someone were to compliment him. It's not as if he never had compliments from these friends, but he never had compliments from someone he didn't know, or barely know. It made him feel happy. Mark was very kind, funny and a person with whom it's easy to talk to. He felt at ease with him.

- Thank you, Mark. He paused. You have a very pretty smile too, and you're very kind. 

They smiled at each other when Junsu, one of their friends, at least, one of the friends of Jackson, Mark and this detestable guy Youngjae, asked them if they wanted to play beach volleyball. Then, they agreed. 

Meanwhile, Jackson helped bring coolers and bags with his friend, Youngjae. They talked with each other and even laughed together of everything and nothing. They walked in direction of their others friends when Jackson stopped walking, admiring, yeah that's the good word, literally admiring something he had never seen before. In front of them, a few meters away of them, there are guys completely shirtless. His friends. Jackson isn't going to admire them, just one person in particular who has melted into the mass. This person was here. Bambam was here. Shirtless, with a very handsome and hot torso, quite well designed. Smiling, with a pretty amazing smile like Jackson already saw before. Playing, like Jackson saw him a little earlier with his little sister. 

- It seems that the ugly duckling isn't bad after all.  Youngjae said. Too bad, you aren't gay. He added before joining the others.

Jackson was still at the same place. Yeah, Bambam wasn't bad at all, he was quite good actually. Maybe not as muscular as him, but pretty well built. And Yeah, he wasn't gay. He was absolutely straight. But then, why his heart start to beat a little faster than usual each time he discover a new side of this baby-faced ? Jackso shook his head as if to leave his thoughts. " I'm straight. I'm literally straight. " he thought as if to convince himself. And it work out. At least, it seems to work out. He went to join the others after whirlwind of thoughts.

The sun began to lie down gradually, announcing the end of this very cheerful day. They started to pack up their stuffs and began to say goodbye to each others, when Junsu patted the shoulder of his new friend. The latter looked at him, curiously, waiting for Junsu to say something. And he did it.

- You have to come at my party tonight, Bambam !

Bambam was about to say no, when he saw a genuine and kind smile that Junsu gave him. This guy was very friendly with him, put him at ease and did much laughter during this shining afternoon. He couldn't disapoint him, so I lied. Again.

- Of course, I'll come. With a light smile to convince him.

Then, after a final goodbye, they all went in opposite ways. Mark, Youngjae and Mark with their others friends on the one hand, Jackson and Bambam, on the other hand, obviously. The both latters, got to k

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter