Chapter 5

My Love, My Kiss, My Heart

A few days later…

 

[RYEOWOOK’S POV]

 

“Ryeowook oppa please sign my album!” A cute fan asked me.

“Of course!” I beamed at her and gladly signed her Super Junior album.

She bowed to me a couple of times to say thank you and I pulled her into a hug which she didn’t expect making her blush like a beetroot. We just got out backstage from Music Bank and we were greeted by a couple of fans. Skye hanged back trying not to get noticed but I’m afraid that she might get trampled on or left behind. As I walked past through the fans, giving them warm smiles and waves, I also kept glancing behind me not wanting to lose Skye. Yesung hyung was in front of me and as we got nearer to the van, he grabbed my hand and pulled me in gently after him.

“Skye!” I shouted. Luckily Leeteuk hyung was behind her and he helped her to get into the van quickly. Leeteuk hyung waved at our fans and then closed the van door. The driver drove away quickly and Skye heaved a sigh.

“Thanks Eeteuk oppa!” She told our leader.

“Anytime~” Leeteuk hyung grinned. I wanted to hold Skye’s hand with both of my hands but then I realized that my other hand was still in Yesung hyung’s hand. He was looking out the window and it was clear that he was in a daze. I started trying to retrieve my hand.

“H-hyung,” I gulped. He didn’t hear me. He didn’t even blink.

“Hyung, can I have my hand back?” I managed to say without stammering.

Yesung snapped out from daydreaming and looked down on his hand which was tightly holding my hand. His eyes widened and I saw that he started blushing. Skye who was oblivious to everything that was happening subconsciously laid her head down on my shoulder. Yesung dropped my hand and went back to staring outside the window without saying a word to me. He even scooched a little more away from me so that our sides weren’t touching. I was getting used to him avoiding me but now it seems like he’s disgusted of even being near me and I just don’t understand why.

 

The next morning I woke up with Skye sleeping next to me. I kissed her forehead quickly and got out of bed as slowly and quietly as possible so that I won’t wake her up. Wanting to see if Yesung hyung was already awake, I looked towards his bed. It was empty. The bed was made and there’s no sign of him in the room whatsoever. When we got home last night, he quickly got changed and then headed out again but on his own. When Skye and I went to bed, he still wasn’t home. I wonder if he got home safe.

“Maybe he just ended up sleeping on the sofa,” I thought in my head.

I slipped my slippers on and immediately headed out to the living room. Yesung hyung wasn’t there either. However Donghae was there in his bright blue pajamas, watching cartoons on the TV.

“Morning hyung,” I greeted him cheerfully.

“Annyeong haseyo Wookie-ah!” He greeted me back.

“Have you seen Yesung hyung at all this morning?” I enquired.

“I don’t think he went home last night Wook,” Donghae bit his bottom lip.

“Oh,” was all I could say. There was a knot in my stomach and I felt sick.

“I’m sure he’s okay though,” Donghae hyung gave me a childlike grin.

“Ne, I’m sure he is.” I forced a smile. “I’ll go make some breakfast now.”

I didn’t wait for my hyung’s response. I made my way quickly to the kitchen and held on to the counter. I was extremely worried of Yesung. I took my phone out and called his phone. No answer. I decided to send him a text message just to ask where he is. 10 minutes passed and he didn’t text back. I rang his phone again multiple times in 5 minute intervals but still no answer. I was so worried that I burnt the bacon I was frying on the pan.

Shindong hyung had to take over because I just wasn’t focused on cooking and he was worried that I might end up burning myself or burning the dorm down. I sat down on one of the kitchen tools and took a deep breath. Just then I heard the front door burst open. I ran out of the kitchen to see who it was who entered the dorm. To my relief, it was Yesung hyung.

“Hyung! Where have you been?” My heart was beating so fast.

“I’ve just been out,” He answered casually. He removed his jacket off and hanged it. I stared at him and he didn’t have any bruises, wounds or stuff on him which means nothing bad happened to him. His clothes were still presentable and he doesn’t look like he’s been out all night.

“Where did you go?” I interrogated.

“If you must know I went to a bar and met a girl. Her name is Hee Jin. We got talking, I bought her drinks and we ended up at her place…” He explained. There was acid in his tone and I didn’t like it.

“And then???” I pursed my lips. So he met a girl and he did something with her probably. Why was I so bothered about it?

“Are you really asking me that question?” Yesung hyung narrowed his eyes.

“Hyung I was so worried about you,” I pouted.

“I don’t want you worrying about me Ryeowook; you‘ve got a girlfriend to worry about. Just focus on that.” He mused and then walked off.

 

3 weeks passed and Yesung carried on dating that girl. To be honest I’m not even quite sure if she actually existed as he hasn’t brought her home nor showed a photo to any of the members. He just speaks highly of her and believe me he doesn’t stop talking about her. It’s really getting on my nerves. He’s not the only one who has got a girlfriend! I mean I’m dating Skye and I don’t talk about her all the time. I’m also capable of talking about other stuff other than my girlfriend.

“Yesung-ah, we’re going to the SHINee dorm tonight. Do you wanna come?” Heechul hyung asked Yesung. The latter was on his phone texting rapidly.

“Aniya, I’m taking Hee Jin out tonight,” He replied without looking up.

“When are you not taking her out,” Kyuhyun rolled his eyes to the ceiling.

“When are we going to meet her hyung?” Sungmin asked.

“Hmmm, let’s see. Probably never!” Yesung stuck his tongue out.

“Waeyo??” Sungmin and Donghae chorused.

“Because she’s absolutely beautiful and I don’t want any of you stealing her away from me!” Yesung’s brows furrowed.

“You’re not even going to introduce her to Ryeowook? He’s your best friend.” Eunhyuk mentioned. Then an awkward silence occurred.

“I’m off to pick up Skye,” I stood up and left the room quickly.

As I drove to Skye’s apartment, I kept thinking about Yesung getting close to a girl and I don’t know why but it felt wrong. I felt extremely uncomfortable and jealous. Wait, why am I jealous???! I shook the image out of my head and focused on driving. When I got to Skye’s apartment, she gave me a kiss on the cheek and wonderful embrace.

“I missed you oppa,” She whispered into my ear.

“I missed you more bao bei,” I whispered back into her ear.

 

 

[SKYE’S POV]

 

I pulled Ryeowook in the living room and sat him down on the sofa. He seems really distracted but then what else is new? It’s been weeks and he’s been acting like this; weird, distracted and always staring into space. Every time I ask him if anything was bothering him, he chooses not to tell me stuff. I hate the fact that he’s keeping stuff from me when it’s really obvious that something is wrong.

“Do you want something to drink oppa?” I asked him.

“Umm, no thank you.” He forced a smile.

“Okay, I’ll just get a drink for myself.” I responded and made my way to the kitchen. I was getting really paranoid with all of these. I don’t know if I’m doing something wrong but it is clear that Ryeowook is no longer happy with our relationship. But the question is, was he ever happy with me?

“What do you want to do tonight?” Ryeowook asked me when I returned.

“I wouldn’t mind sleeping with you tonight but I know that you’ll just push me away…” I thought. I heaved a silent sigh and then smiled instead.

“We could just stay in and watch a movie if you want,”

“I don’t mind but we could hang out at the dorm too?” He suggested.

“Yeah I’m sure that’ll be fine.” I smiled at him.

I was getting so frustrated. I want some alone time with my boyfriend but I never get that. Every time I suggest some private time, he ignores me and insists that we go to the dorm instead. It wouldn’t actually bother me if we stayed and hanged out in his room but no. We stay in the living room of the dorm where every one else is.

“Shall we?” Ryeowook stood up and took his car keys out of his pockets.

I wasn’t even finished with my drink yet.

“Okay, I’ll meet you outside.” I replied.

 

When we got to the Super Junior dorm, the first thing that Ryeowook did was scan the place for someone. I wasn’t sure who he was looking for exactly but he seemed disappointed when that someone was nowhere to be seen. The rest of the Super Junior boys bid me goodbye just as I got there since they were going to the SHINee dorm. Only then I realize that Yesung wasn’t with them or in the dorm at all. Ryeowook was obviously looking for him. It’s been weeks since Ryeowook and Yesung spoke properly to each other. They seem to be avoiding each other; Yesung mostly.

“Oppa…” I called Ryeowook. Heebum was sat on his lap while were watching some news on TV. He looked at me and smiled. “Ne?”

“Are you and Yesung oppa not on speaking terms because of me?” I asked.
“Of course not! Why would you think that?!” Ryeowook gasped.

“Because since you and I got together, your friendship with Yesung oppa--”

“Don’t worry about him. I love you, not him.” He said in a serious tone.

“I love you too but I can’t help but--” I couldn’t finish my sentence as Ryeowook silenced me by kissing me straight on my lips. It was a good kiss however it felt like he was just forced to do it. It’s not like he actually wanted to kiss me. I felt unwanted and disappointment inside.

 

Hours passed and I fell asleep on the sofa with my head on Ryeowook’s lap. Before I dozed off, Ryeowook was watching a drama on the TV. The last thing I heard was Ryeowook crooning into my ear, “sleep well bao bei…”

However my eyes popped open when the front door opened with a slam.

“Who’s there?” I heard Ryeowook shout.

“It’s just me Wook,” Came Yesung’s reply.

I was half asleep and I wasn’t even sure if this was all real or just a dream. Ryeowook gently placed my head on top of a pillow and he stood up to meet Yesung out in the hallway. I listened to their conversation…

 

Ryeowook: “Oh it’s just you. I thought the other hyungs were back.”

Yesung: “Hee Jin had to be home early tonight…”

Ryeowook: “Don’t care.”

Yesung: “Ya, what?!”

Ryeowook: “I said I don’t care. I don’t care about you. I don’t care about her. I don’t care at all.”

Yesung: “What is your problem?”

Ryeowook: “You are my problem.”

Yesung: “What did I do to you?!”

Ryeowook: “Just forget it.”

 

I then heard Ryeowook’s retreating steps and Yesung was following him. This was the moment I decided to stand up and follow them. They walked into the kitchen in an uncomfortable silence. Yesung only closed the kitchen door halfway through so I was able to hide behind there and listen to their conversation.

 

Yesung: “Are you going to tell me or not?”

Ryeowook: “Hyung I have nothing to tell you…”

Yesung: “Are you jealous of Hee Jin?”

Ryeowook: “What would I be? I have Skye!”

Yesung: “You’ve been acting strange since I started dating Hee Jin.”

Ryeowook: “So what if I was jealous? What would you do about it?”

Yesung: “Then I would say that my plan has worked.”

Ryeowook: “Plan? What plan?”

Yesung: “Hee Jin is not real. I’ve only made her up. I’m not actually dating anyone. I did all that on purpose to make you jealous Ryeowook.”

Ryeowook: “W-What??? Why would you do that?!”

Yesung: “Because I love you.”

 

My heart beat accelerated and my mind was racing. I couldn’t believe what I was hearing. After Yesung admitted his feelings to Ryeowook, the next thing I heard was Ryeowook stammering and stuttering. He couldn’t get any words out of his mouth. Was he actually jealous of the non-existent Hee Jin? After all the stammering and stuttering, a very suspicious silence occurred in the kitchen. Curiosity took over me and so I decided to take a look on what is happening inside. What I saw left me crushed inside even more.

I wished hard that I was just dreaming but unfortunately I wasn’t.

 

Yesung and Ryeowook…

 

They were kissing…

 

 

Author’s Note:

 

First of all, sorry for a very, very late update. I have not and will never abandon this fic. I am just really busy as I am starting a new job. Anyway…

 

Yay for YeWook !! ^-^

What does everyone think of this update?

Do let me know! I love reading your comments! (:

 

Ciao~ {JL}