Chapter 5

The Hidden Woods

"Oh.. so that's why you dislike humans." Moon replied quietly. She sat there awkwardly, not knowing what else to say. "Yeah. But my anger can't compare to Kwangmin's. I mean, he witnessed everything." Youngmin explained. Moon could see in his eyes that he was hurting on the inside. "That's why he hates you." The boy stated. There was a short silence between the two. Although she had a lot of thoughts in her mind, Moon didn't want to speak. Youngmin continued to stare at the girl in front of him. Even though she was looking down to avoid his eye contact, he still stared. "I don't hate you though." Youngmin finally said after the atmosphere got awkward. "Really?" Moon smiled softly. She looked up at him who was now standing in front of her. "Yeah, I think you're harmless." He concluded. 

"How about Byungjoo and Hansol?" The question came out of her lips before she could stop it. "They aren't like me and my brother." Youngmin started to explain to her that he read somewhere that there are two types of wizards. One was called, Birth Wizards, and the other, Evolution Wizards. The meaning behind the names, were quite obvious. Birth Wizards are wizards as soon as they are born. Youngmin and Kwangmin were Birth Wizards. They were wizards ever since they were babies. Evolution Wizards are born as humans. Then one day, they would evolve into wizards. Once they have completely evolve into wizards, they loose all their memory of the human world. That was the case for Byungjoo and Hansol. There's no exact date when they would turn into wizards. It's different for everyone. 

"It could also be that they encountered us." Youngmin walked over to his book shelf nearby. They were filled with books. He skimmed his fingers across the spines of the books until he found the one he was looking for. The book was a fair size. It was brown in colour and looked very old. As if i had been passed on from generation to generation. "It says that if a Evolution Wizard were to ever encounter a Birth Wizard, there is a huge possibility that they would evolve into a wizard at that time." After his speech, Youngmin closed the book and placed it back onto its rightful spot. 

Moon sat there fascinated. All this information Youngmin just told her was just so interesting. "I don't know why I'm telling you all of this. But promise me you won't tell any other humans." The girl quickly nodded multiple times. Despite the fact that he barely knew her, his gut told him that he should trust her. There were slight regrets boiling in him after telling her so much information, but he pushed them away and hoped that he was right. That she could really be trusted. 

____________________

"Good job, guys." Kwangmin declared. He ruffled the hair of his two students as they made their way back. Byungjoo and Hansol smiled brightly as their response. As the younger ones conversed with each other, Kwangmin was left alone. He walked in front of them, enjoying the fresh air he was breathing in. 

"I can't wait to talk to Moon." Byungjoo had cheerfully told that to Hansol, and he agreed without hesitation. Kwangmin's eyes twitched for he had overheard what the boy had said. "Why." He replied in the most coldest tone. "Why would you be excited to talk to a stupid human." 

Byungjoo and Hansol stayed silent for awhile. They weren't necessarily surprised, for they knew that Kwangmin hated humans for what they had done to them in the past. The twins had told them their stories, and they would be lying if they didn't admit that it was horrible. Kwangmin just let out a sigh, he didn't want to take his anger on these two. It wasn't fair to them. They did nothing wrong. But he truly did not like them hanging out with a human. He would never trust one ever again. 

"Hi!" Moon greeted them just as they had taken a few steps through the door. Youngmin and her were still in the office when they came back. But the sound of the door opening signaled that they had returned. Once Byungjoo and Hansol were in view, Moon immediately walked over while Youngmin stayed in his spot, hands in his pockets. 

"Hello." Hansol smiled softly. Although their backs were facing him, the two younger boys could feel Kwangmin's glare piercing at them. "Um, let's go to my room." Byungjoo quickly suggested. His eyes darted from side to side as he got a hold of Moon's wrist, dragging her along before she could make a comment. Hansol followed right behind, slightly glancing at Kwangmin to see what his reaction was. The younger twin just stared at them until they were out of sight. 

____________________

"Don't hate on Moon, Kwangmin." Byungjoo said innocently. He couldn't bring himself to gaze at Kwangmin. He knew what he was going to get from saying those words. but he still had to get it off of his chest. It had gotten late and Moon had to get home. Youngmin was the one walking her, for he was the one who had to open the portal. You may wonder why Byungjoo and Hansol didn't tag along to see her goodbye. Well, there was a simple answer. Kwangmin's anger was growing more and more every second they spent time with her. So, Youngmin suggested that the younger ones stayed back. 

"What did you just say to me?!" Kwangmin hissed. His glare sent Byungjoo backing up. A angry Kwangmin was a Kwangmin you should stay away from. "You would have been dead if me and Youngmin didn't save you from those humans!" His voice was harsh and cold. And his eyes could send chills down your spine. "But Moon isn't like that!" Byungjoo fought in defense. "You know nothing.." Kwangmin muttered. He then let out a sigh. Feeling frustrated and not wanting to argue with someone he loved, Kwangmin went into his room where he could be left alone with his thoughts. 

"Should I not come back anymore?" Moon quietly asked as Youngmin and her were walking. "Why would you say that?" The boy simply answered without much thought. "Cause Kwangmin hates me and he's always upset when I'm near. I don't want that." After she said that, Youngmin just stayed quiet. Not sure of how to really answer, he just focused on each step he took. Listening to his foot steps. "The boys like you. You can come back if you want." Youngmin replied. "Ok.." 

"Bye, Youngmin." Moon said after the portal had been opened. "Bye." Youngmin nodded. He watched as the girl took a few steps forward. As she got farther and farther away from him, he couldn't but wonder why she was so different from the other humans. Why did she not freak out and run the moment she figured out what they were like the others did? Why did she stay? In the midst of his thoughts, Moon turned around and happily waved goodbye one more time. Youngmin returned the favor. A small smile imprinted on his lips. 

____________________

"Hurry up or you're gonna be late for school!" The voice of her mom echoed throughout the house. Moon groaned as she pushed herself to sit up. She made her way to the bathroom down the hall. She looked up at the mirror. Her reflection showed her hair, all messed up in knots and tangles. With a frustrated sigh, she took a hold of her hair brush and proceeded to brush it all out. 

After doing her morning routine, Moon walked back into her room to get herself dressed. Since it was summer and the weather was very warm nowadays, she picked out a pair of white shorts with a light pink crop top. Feeling satisfied with her choice, Moon went ahead and braided her hair into pigtails. 

"Good morning, class." Mr. Choi greeted. Moon let out a sigh as she tried her best to pay attention. But today really wasn't her day. She would blank out every 5 seconds and couldn't understand what he was saying. Once the school bell rang, Moon was the first one out of the classroom. It was lunch time. 

"Look who it is." A voice snickered from behind her. Moon turned around to see Jiyeon and a group of her friends. "What do you want?" She glared them down. Jiyeon scoffed, her friends did the same. "Why would I want anything from you?" She then proceeded to walk past Moon, brushing shoulders with her. Anger boiled inside of Moon. Jiyeon always got on her nerves. She took in a deep breath, trying to calm herself down. She didn't want to get in a fight. It wasn't worth it. After a few breaths, the anger had died down.

 To: Moon

Where are you? Let's eat lunch together! ^^

From: Minjoo 


The text made Moon smile. Minjoo was Moon's bestfriend. They became friends during their freshmen years. Moon quickly texted her back telling her to meet up at the courtyard. The weather today was so nice. The sun made the garden in the courtyard glow. Moon sat herself down on one of the benches and waited for Minjoo to arrive. 

"Hii!" Minjoo ran up to her friend, a big smile spread across her face. Moon smiled as they exchanged a quick hug before taking a seat. "How was your morning classes?" Moon asked. She took a bite of her ham sandwich. The feeling of finally eating something after hours of class felt so good. "It was alright." Minjoo cheerfully answered. 

"By the way." Minjoo suddenly added, "I've went to the woods a couple of times to find you, but I never saw you there." Moon froze for a second. She had the urge to tell her about how she had been spending her time in this magical place. But she remembered that she was not allowed to mention it to anyone else. She had to keep her word to them. "Oh, well the woods are pretty big. Maybe you just didn't look in the right place." Moon awkwardly said. 

____________________

"Byungjoo? Hansol?" Moon peeked her head into the door of the cabin. When there was no reply, she stepped in to see if they were inside. The place seemed empty. It was completely silent. "Hello?" Moon called out. 

"Can you please shut up?" A harsh voice came from nowhere. Suddenly, a white cloud appeared in front of her. It was Kwangmin. Moon quickly backed up. "S-Sorry." She stuttered. Kwangmin rolled his eyes. He was clearly pissed. "Why do you come back? Why can't you just leave!" He yelled furiously. Moon was about to make her way out the door but it was too late. Suddenly, a fist hit her forcefully on her jawline. The strong impact made her fall to the ground. 

"Kwangmin! What are you doing?!" Youngmin yelled. He appeared behind Kwangmin and pulled him aside. "Why did you hit her?!" Kwangmin stared at his brother with widened eyes. He watched as Youngmin walked over to Moon and helped her up. The corner of her lip was currently bleeding, and you could see a bruise appearing. "Why are you taking the side of a human and not your own brother!" The younger raged. 

"I'm not on anyone's side! But you can't just hit people like that!" Youngmin fought back. Moon could see tears bubble in Kwangmin's eyes. He was hurt. "You changed! You never yelled at me like that!" He cried. With that, Kwangmin ran off into his room. Slamming the door behind him. 

"Sorry. Stay here." Youngmin stated. He sat Moon on the couch before running after his brother. A tear ran down her cheek. She wasn't crying because of the pain Kwangmin had caused her, but more that she was the reason the twins were fighting. Youngmin was yelling really loud, and by the look on Kwangmin's face, she could tell this was the first time the older one had raised his voice. The guilt built up in her. 

Youngmin grabbed a hold of the golden coloured knob. The door of his younger brother's room. He inhaled a deep breath, the proceeded to turn it. Luckily, Kwangmin had not locked the door, and now he was in. 

"Kwangmin?" He quietly called out to the younger one. From where he was standing, Youngmin could see his brother lying on the bed. His back towards the ceiling, and his face buried into his pillow. "Go away." Kwangmin muttered. His voice was shaky and Youngmin knew that it was because he was crying hard. "Please don't cry, Kwangie." Youngmin stuttered as he those words escaped his mouth. The thing he hated most was to see his brother cry. It hurt him so much. He sat himself down on the bed next to Kwangmin. Gently, he placed his hand on his brother's head and his hair in hopes it would make him feel better. 

"I'm sorry I yelled at you. I was wrong to do that. I'm really sorry." The older one said. His heart ached thinking of how harsh he was with Kwangmin. When Kwangmin didn't answer, he proceeded apologizing. "I'm really sorry, Kwangmin. Please forgive me.." Youngmin felt a small tear roll down his cheek. He gently tugged on Kwangmin's shirt. After Youngmin said that, Kwangmin immediately rolled to his side so he could face his brother. "Youngmin.. are you crying?" Kwangmin quietly asked. He sat up and stared at his brother. His eyes were a little red and puffy. 

"A-Ani.." Youngmin stuttered. He rubbed his eyes with the back of his hand. "Are you still mad at me?" He asked after there was a moment of silence between the two. Kwangmin quickly shook his head. He wrapped himself with his arms and sat there quietly. "You are.. you're mad about Moon, aren't you?" Youngmin asked. 

Kwangmin then stayed silent for awhile. Youngmin, knowing his brother had something on his mind didn't say anything. He waited for Kwangmin to answer. "It's just..." The younger finally spoke. "You know that seeing her makes me really upset, but you still let her stay.. It's like you didn't care about my feelings when you made your decision. Like I don't matter to you.." Hearing Kwangmin's words, Youngmin's eyes widened. He didn't know his younger brother was thinking like that. Kwangmin was so hurt, yet he didn't even know. He felt so horrible. His heart ached. 

"N-No! You do matter to me, Kwangie! I love you the most and I care about you the most!" Youngmin exclaimed. "Really?" Kwangmin smiled softly. Usually, it was rare for Youngmin to say stuff like this. Of course, the brothers knew how much they meant to the other one. But it was never expressed into words. "Yeah! Don't ever think otherwise." Youngmin pulled Kwangmin into a tight hug. The younger one chuckled as he rested his chin on his brother's shoulder.

Moon sat quietly on the couch. She played with her fingers as she waited for the twins to come back. Then, she heard the sound of a door opening. She quickly turned around to see Youngmin and Kwangmin coming out. Moon got up and walked over to the two boys. They didn't seem to be fighting anymore which put her in relief. Youngmin gave her a small smile when she stood beside him. "Is your lip ok?" He asked. Moon nodded, she glanced over at Kwangmin who was in front of her, but quickly looked away. 

"I wonder where the boys are." Youngmin said, "I'll go find them. You stay here with Kwangmin." When he left there was an awkward silence. Moon stared at the boy in front of her, but he didn't look at her. Kwangmin was looking away, avoiding her eyes. Without a word he started walking. Moon followed after him, but kept her distance. Kwangmin didn't really know where he was going, he just felt awkward just standing there. He found himself wandering into the kitchen. Since he was already there, he decided to pour himself a glass of water. Because he had not fully recovered from all his crying, his hand was shaky as he tried to pick up the pitcher. When Moon saw this, she quickly walked over and poured it for him. "Thanks.." Kwangmin muttered as he took the glass and walked away. It may not have been much. But this was the first time Kwangmin had said something nice to see ever since her arrival. Moon couldn't help but feel a sense of happiness inside her.

10/25/14

Ah, I'm so sorry this chapter took so long ><

Updates may be slow now since school's been keeping me busy and whatnot. 

Anyway, thank you so much for reading! ^^ Don't forget to comment and subscribe :)