Chapter 4

The Hidden Woods

A Couple Years Back

 

"Wait for me!" The younger called out as he ran up to his brother's side. Youngmin smiled as he waited for Kwangmin to catch up to him. Once his little brother was by his side, he started walking again. "You walk too slow." Youngmin laughed. The two had just finished school and were now heading home. The sun was shining bright today. It was a great summer day. Normally on a day like this, the brothers would go out somewhere to hang out. But today, they decided to go home to study for their upcoming exams.

 

"Ah, you guys are home." A lady greeted them with a caring smile. This lady, was their mom. Youngmin and Kwangmin greeted her with a cheerful smile before running upstairs. They shared a room together. One big room with two beds for each of them. "I'm hungry!" Kwangmin protested as he laid himself down on his bed. "Then eat something." Youngmin chuckled, flicking his brother in the head. Kwangmin did not like it that his brother flicked him, but he decided to listen to him anyway. With a snap of his fingers, Kwangmin made a bowl of noodles appear on his desk that was across the room. "Alright, while you eat I'm going to go study." Youngmin reached his hand out and made the text books he needed hover over to his desk on his side of the room.

 

Back then, the twins were fine with being near humans. Living in the human world meant that they wouldn't be able to use their powers in front of others. There were a bit of struggles in doing so since using their powers would make doing things a lot easier. But they managed. That's why they enjoyed being at home. Here they could use their powers to their hearts content.

 

____________________

 

The sky was a dark. Grey clouds filled the sky. The roar of thunder was getting louder by the minute. A storm was coming this way. Not wanting to get caught under the rain, the twins hurried up their pace in getting home. Just as they were almost home, the sound of people screaming made them stop in their tracks. The screams came from across the streets. When they saw the scene their eyes widened. People were gathered under a building and on the roof they saw a man tied up in ropes. There was another man standing next to him. The man tied up tried to break free from the ropes but with no lucks. Although the building was tall, it was still obvious what was going on. The second man had tied up the first man and was now about to throw him down to plunge to his death.

 

Youngmin and Kwangmin stood there in shock. They didn't know what to do A rush of fear started to build in Youngmin. What if the man were to push him down? Right then and now, someone would die in front of him. As if the wanting to answer his question, the man pushed the tied up one down. Screams started to come out from the people who were standing nearby and watching. But just as he was a few feet from hitting the floor, a beam of light appeared out of nowhere and stopped the man from falling. He was now hovering in the air.

 

"Y-Youngmin.." Everyone looked back to see that the beam of light was coming from the palm of Youngmin's hands. They're eyes widened at what they were looking at. Kwangmin stared at his brother in worry for he had just used his powers in front of humans. Youngmin placed the man down safely on the ground then quickly retracted his hand to stop the beam from shining. His heart started to race as he just took in what he did. No. This wasn't happening. Youngmin started to panic as the humans stared at him with judging eyes. He turned to Kwangmin, the eyes of his brother showed that he didn't know what to do either. So he did what anyone, human or Wizard, would do. Run.

 

"What is he?" Those were the only words he heard as he and Kwangmin were running all the way back home. The crowd who was freaking out about the tied up man were now freaking out over him. Over his powers. "He's abnormal!" One of them yelled. "Call the police!" Fear was the only thing bubbling inside Youngmin. He was scared. He didn't know what to do. He just ran. His moved his legs as fast as they allowed him to until he reached his house, slamming the door behind him.

 

____________________

 

Youngmin wrapped his arms around his body. He was curled up in his bed. "Why did I do that?" The boy muttered to himself. Kwangmin patted his brother's back, trying to calm him down. The older boy sighed, looking up into his brother's eyes. "I'm sorry." Youngmin managed to choke out. "It's ok." Unfortunately, he was wrong.

 

The next morning, Youngmin and Kwangmin got up early and packed their bags for school. Youngmin slung his backpack onto his shoulders and headed towards the door with Kwangmin following. As soon as his set foot out of his house a tomato was thrown at him. The red fruit burst when it hit onto his chest, leaving a red mark on his school uniform. The tomato fell to the ground in front of him. Youngmin's eyes widened as he stared at the red stain on his shirt.

 

"Yah! What'd you do that for?" Kwangmin yelled, defending his brother. There was a crowd of people standing on their front yard. Some holding tomatoes while others holding signs. "They're twins! They must both be abnormal! Get them!" A man yelled as he aimed a tomato right at Kwangmin's face. Blinding the younger one. Kwangmin let out a wince as the juice stung his eyes.

 

Youngmin quickly put his arm around Kwangmin and pulled him back into the house where there was shelter to protect them from the humans standing outside. "We don't want your kind here!" The two could hear a man yell. Youngmin brought his brother to the washroom and helped him wash his face and eyes. After Kwangmin finally regained his sight, Youngmin cleaned up his uniform. He pointed his finger at the stain. And like that, it disappeared.

 

"How will we get to school with all those people there?" Kwangmin asked. He peeked through the window and saw that crowd of humans still there. "We'll have to teleport there, I guess.." The older replied quietly. Not completely sure if his idea was a good one. A lump of guilt was stuck in his throat. It was all his fault that the humans would now be attacking them.

 

In order to prevent their fellow classmates from seeing that they teleported to school, they teleported somewhere where no one would see them. It was the back of the school. No one usually goes there because it smelled. After straightening out their uniforms, the two ran into the school building. They were already late for class.

 

"Sorry we're late Miss!" The two exclaimed as they ran into their first period classroom. Their teacher stared at them with widened eyes. The other students started whispering to each other. Although they were quiet the twins were still able to hear most of what they were saying. "Can't believe we shared a classroom with them for so long." The news had spread out fast. Everyone knew about what had happened the other day. Even those who didn't know were bond to hears others talk about it soon.

 

"You guys are kicked out of school." The teacher stated. Youngmin and Kwangmin exchanged glances. Did they just hear what they just heard? "Why?" Kwangmin asked. The teacher cleared before answering. It was clear she didn't like them being near her. She wanted them gone. "We don't want things like you in our school."

 

"Things?!" Kwangmin yelled. The whole class gasped. They were scared that the abnormal boy would hurt them. He had powers after all. He could burn down the whole school if he wanted. Youngmin himself was a bit surprised that Kwangmin raised his voice. He rarely did that. "I stayed after school to help you, Miss! I helped you stack your books and organize your papers!" The boy was clearly angry. The anger was boiling inside him. "And you guys!" Kwangmin pointed to all his classmates who froze upon his stare. "You were my friends.."

 

Kwangmin stormed out of the classroom. Tears of anger rolled down his cheeks. He felt disgusted. Disgusted that these humans saw him so differently just cause he wasn't like them. He worked hard in school. He was nice to everyone. He was just as good, if not better, than those human kids. Youngmin ran up to his brother and grabbed onto his arm to tell him to slow down and wait for him.

 

"I only have you." Kwangmin quietly said. He let out a sigh as he and Youngmin were slowly walking home. Luckily, there weren't any humans attacking them. So, they could take their time walking. "I'll always be there for you." Youngmin smiled. The older twin put his arm around his younger brother. 


Just as they reached home they noticed that the people from this morning were still there. Not wanting to get hit with tomatoes again, they hid behind a wall so they could peek and see what was going on. 


"Look! They're over there!" Someone noticed them hiding and pointed it out to everyone else. Youngmin and Kwangmin's eyes widened when they saw them send out a group of guys that looked like they were with the police. "Get them!" The twins ran as fast as they could. Trying to get away from these people who were chasing after them.


"Youngmin! Help!" Upon hearing Kwangmin's call for help. Youngmin quickly turned around to see that two guys had gotten a hold of his brother. "Let him go!" Youngmin yelled, blasting a strong wave of wind of them. Making them latch off and get thrown far away so Kwangmin could escape. Just as he was about to take Kwangmin and start running again. He felt a strong pang land on the back of his head. Blacking him out. 


A groan escaped his mouth as Youngmin woke up to a headache. "He's awake." A man said into a walkie talkie. Youngmin closed his eyes shut. He felt light headed and dizzy. "Where's my brother?" Youngmin stated. His eyes scanned the room in hopes to see Kwangmin nearby. "Don't worry. He's being taken care of." 

 

"Ahhh! It hurts! Let me gooo!" A voice screamed in horror. Youngmin's eyes widened, recognizing the voice immediately. To get free from the ropes that were tied around him, he made fire appear on his hand and burned through them. Once he was free he blasted the guy who was standing guard and looking after him. Youngmin ran out the door, only to be greeted by a hallway. He walked around, turning left and right in hopes to see Kwangmin and to make sure no one was around to see him lurking around. There were so many doors. All of which were closed shut. Youngmin started to panic. If he didn't find Kwangmin soon, who knows what they would do to his brother. 

 

____________________

 

Kwangmin woke up in a strange room. There were a couple of guys standing around him. They wore the same uniforms as the ones that had captured him and Youngmin here. The scared boy tried to move, but that's when he realized there were metal bars on his wrists and ankles. He was connected to the chair and he couldn't budge. "Let me go!" Kwangmin yelled in anger. The guys standing around him seemed to look very interested to see that the boy had woken up. Kwangmin started to squirm around but the metal bars were firm and kept him in place. "Get a blood sample." One of the guys who had a white mask covering the bottom half of his face said. 

 

The boy's eyes widened as he saw another guy come towards him with a needle in hand. He started to break out in sweat because of how nervous he was. Each step the guy took closer made his heart race more. "It'd be best if you don't move." He stated as he grabbed onto Kwangmin's arm so he couldn't squirm around when he injected the needle. "Stop! Let me go!" The boy cried in terror as the needle started to fill up with his blood. 

 

A loud bang made everyone turn their attention to the door that had just been kicked down. "Kwangmin!" Youngmin stared at his brother in shock. His eyes widened at the needle that contained his brother's blood. Kwangmin looked weak from the sudden blood lost and that angered Youngmin even more than he already was seeing his brother tried up to a chair. "You messed with the wrong person." Youngmin growled. He blasted the guy holding the needle, making him fly and hit the wall. The other guy with the mask stared at Youngmin in horror. He started to back away but Youngmin wasn't going to let him go that easily. He grabbed onto his collar and threw him across the room. 

 

"Kwangie, are you okay?" Youngmin said softly. He gently patted his brother's head. Kwangmin nodded. A small smile formed on his lips knowing his brother was here. "Let's get out of here." He reassured as he used his powers to open the metal bars around Kwangmin's wrists and ankles. The brothers peeked into the hallway and once they saw no one was there, they started walking. 

 

"Do you know how to get out of here?" Kwangmin asked nervously. He kept looking from side to side. Fear that someone would pop out at them any moment bubbled inside of him. "No, but I'm sure we'll-" The twins stopped in their tracks. The figure standing in front of them made their eyes widened. "Mom?" Youngmin blurted. He was in shock. "Come on, we have to get out now!" She exclaimed as she pulled on her son's arm. Just as they were about to turn a corner, someone's voice startled them. 

 

"Where do you think you're going?" Suddenly the three were being pulled apart from each other. Two guys latched onto Kwangmin while the same happened to Youngmin and their mom. "Let me go!" Kwangmin yelled in protest. He started squirming around in their grasp but couldn't break it. Youngmin was trying to do the same. He started moving around in a fast motion, hoping that he would tire them out. He turned around and had his back faced towards everyone else when suddenly he heard a loud bang. 

 

Youngmin quickly turned around to see that his mother was on the ground. She had been shot. The older turned to his brother whose eyes were in shock. For he had seen the whole thing. Kwangmin started to shake. "M-Mom!" He uttered. Using his powers, he sent the humans grabbing onto to him flying away. Kwangmin immediately crashed down on his knees next to his mother's side. Tears ran down his cheeks as he started to shake her. Begging for her to wake up, to take them home, to tell them that everything was going to be ok. But there was no response. She laid lifeless on the cold concrete floor. 

 

The man holding the gun started to aim it at Kwangmin. He had a smirk on his face. But just as he was about to pull the trigger, the gun got blasted out of his hand. Leaving him in shock. "Murder! Don't you dare hurt my brother!" Youngmin raged. A strong force was suddenly felt around the man's neck. Youngmin's eyes showed he wanted revenge as he slowly lifted the man up form the ground. The man struggled to breath, for the boy's strength was strong. "L-Let me go you piece of ." He managed to choke out even with the shortened breath. The words made Youngmin even more angry. He tightened his hand into a fist, making the man unable to breath any longer. 

 

"Kwangmin, we need to get out of here." Youngmin pulled onto Kwangmin's arm. The younger was still staring at their mom. His eyes were already red from the crying. Youngmin tried not to let the tears fall. He wanted to stay strong in front of Kwangmin. It was times like this that Youngmin's role as the older brother was most important. But seeing their mom lying there. It was hard. He turned away hoping that it would help he if couldn't see her. "Come on." Youngmin gently pulled his brother again. This time Kwangmin gave in and stood up. He hugged his brother as tightly as he could. It made him feel slightly better. At least Youngmin was still by his side. 

 

Once the younger had calmed down, Youngmin grabbed onto his brother's hand as he led him through the hallways to find an exit. With much luck, an exit was found. The twins ran out without looking back. They didn't know where they were going, they just knew that had to run. As if all the odds were against them, more humans started chasing them again. Youngmin and Kwangmin ran with all their might, they had to find somewhere to hide and quick. During the chase they bumped into two younger boys, making them fall to the ground. At first, they couldn't bother to care that the two fell. But they heard something that made them look back. 

 

"What's happening to my hands?!" One exclaimed. A bright white light was now forming on the palm of his hands. "I-It's happening to me too!" The other stuttered. It was clear that they were in fear of what was going on. "They're one of them too! Take them back!" A man yelled. Youngmin and Kwangmin's eyes widened as they watched the two younger boys being dragged away against their will. They knew what was going on. Those two were Wizards too, but they didn't even know it. Now they were going to be dragged away and used for experiments. Youngmin and Kwangmin knew how horrible it was back there, and they couldn't just bluntly watch as two innocent Wizards were being captured. They had to save them. 

 

"Stop!" Youngmin yelled. He blasted the men who had the hold on the boys. Kwangmin ran up and grabbed onto the two frightened boys as Youngmin fought off the other humans. Even though the ones with them were all knocked out. He could clearly see that more were coming after them. Youngmin quickly grabbed onto one of the younger one's hand and started running while Kwangmin did the same with the other. The two boys were obviously scared. Who wouldn't be? They didn't know what was going on and now they were running away from people who want to catch them with two strangers, that for some reason, have powers. As they were running, they spotted some nearby woods. They were so many trees there, it would be a good place to hide. The four ran deep, deep into the woods. Deep into the trees. Where no one would find them. 

 

08/22/14

Hihi! Here is chapter 4. I hope you guys enjoy it.

Thank you for reading and don't forget to comment and subscribe~! ^^