Chapter 2

The Hidden Woods

The sun shined bright the next morning. The birds sang their songs, the squirrels climbed up the trees. Moon opened up her curtains to be welcomed by the beauties of nature. It was a perfect day to go out, and that was exactly what she planned to do. "Where are you going?" her mother asked when she saw Moon heading towards the door. "The woods." she replied. Her mom sighed. The thought of her daughter always in those rivers of trees, all alone, by herself. It scared her. She would try desperately to convince Moon to go somewhere else, somewhere safer, somewhere with people. But the message never got to her. Moon liked the loneliness, the silence, everything about it. It was like her second home.

 

Moon entered into the trees. The leaves blew around, as if welcoming her back, happy to see her. She smiled. Finally, she was where she belonged. Today, instead of settling herself under a tree and reading, Moon decided to do some walking around. Everything she saw wasn't new to her. She's seen it many times before, but it always boosted her mood to see it all again. Moon made her way to the biggest tree in this whole place. It was at the far end of these woods. Once the enormous tree was in sight, Moon stared at it with widened eyes. It was always so fascinating to see this 2 meter wide tree. For it's height, she didn't even know.

 

The roots were so big that there was a opening where you could walk into without worrying that your head would hit the top. It'd be a nice little club house and shelter from any rain. As Moon was looking around, she noticed a couple of rocks that she never saw before. She stared at them in confusion, no way would she not have noticed them. The medium sized rocks were pretty close to the floor. Moon assumed that the dirt that was originally covering them got washed away after that storm yesterday. After careful examination, Moon realized there were a sort of symbol carved into these stones. Each one had their own specific picture. They looked so unusual and strange. Moon stepped onto one of them and it started to light up. The sudden light shocked her, making her back up and fall to the ground. The stone continued glowing. Moon got back up and stared at the three remaining stones that weren't lighted up. Was this a code? She picked another one at random and stepped on it. To her surprised, that one lighted up as well. She stepped onto the last two. If it was a code of some sort, she step on them in the right order cause now they were all glowing like crazy.

 

The large opening in the roots of the tree started to glow just like the stones. Moon stared in it, but all she saw was a white light. The sense of curiosity hit her, she wanted so badly to walk in and see what it was. She took a deep breath then stepped into the bright light. For a second, she was blinded, she couldn't see a thing except white. A new world opened up to her. It didn't look like the part of the woods she's used to. The trees looked different here. The branches seemed to curl into a spiral at the ends, and the leaves seemed to glow. It looked like something that had come out from one of her books. Moon started to make her way into the forest of trees.

 

"Who are you?" Moon felt a hand grab onto her shoulder. She turned around, her heart beat at an uncontrollable pace as a boy with purple hair was standing in front of her. "Who are you?" he repeated, his eyes staring into hers. Before Moon could even let out an answer, the boy asked something else. "How did you get here?" She stayed silent, she wasn't so sure how she got here in the first place. Everything happened so fast. "I don't know.." The purple haired boy stared at Moon, not knowing what he should do. "Come with me." he stated, grabbing a hold of her wrist. The grip he had on her wrist was strong, she couldn't break free. Instead, she was being pulled off to who knows where by this random boy with purple hair. Moon was so confused, her heart raced even more. What is this place?

 

The boy took Moon into what looked like a cabin. He flung open the door and dragged her in. "Youngmin!" he called out. Moon stayed still as the sound of a door opening sent chills down her spine. A tall boy with dark brown hair came out. "Who is this?" The tall boy named Youngmin stared at her. "I found her wandering around outside." the purple haired boy explained. Youngmin looked down at Moon, for he was more than a head taller. "Who are you?" his eyes demanded an answer. "I..My name is Moon." she stuttered. Fear, that was all she was feeling. "Where did you come from?" Youngmin asked. The other boy stood near his side, arms crossed, eyeing her closely. "Outside?" Was that the right answer? Moon didn't even know. She was too scared to think. Youngmin looked over to the other boy. His eyes looked like they were saying something, but there were no words. Just silence filled the room. "Stay here." the purple haired boy stated before he and Youngmin went into a door out of 5.

 

"Do you think she's one of Jiho's?" the boy asked, Byungjoo was his name. Youngmin shrugged as he calmly sat down in his chair. "We don't know." He closed his eyes, letting out a sigh. The atmosphere turned quiet. "Byungjoo, was there a struggle getting her here?"  he asked as his eyes reopened. "No, it was almost too easy." Youngmin nodded as he carefully thought out everything about this mysterious girl who appeared here. "Get Kwangmin."

 

Moon stood in the middle of the room. She didn't know what to do, she didn't know what was going on. The two boys finally came back. They stared at her, just as they did before. Trying to figure out who she was. Moon made a few steps back, but she bumped into something. Someone. "Hi." a voice whispered into her ear. It made her scream and jump back. Before Moon could even gather herself together to know what was going on, she found herself being pinned against the wall. Her eyes widened at the boy in front of her. He was tall, dark brown hair, face that looked like Youngmin's. It was Kwangmin.

 

"Who. Are. You?" He emphasized each word so she could hear clearly what he was saying. "Moon. My name is Moon." she said nervously. Youngmin and Byungjoo stood nearby, watching every movement. "Ok. Fess up! Did Jiho send you here?" Kwangmin yelled, his eyes were so cold. "Who's Jiho? I-I don't know who he is." Moon said nervously. Kwangmin put his arm tightly across her neck. Her eyes widened, she could barely breath now. "If you don't tell the truth you'll be sorry." he glared. Moon couldn't answer, she tried to pull his arm off, but he was unreasonably strong. She gasped for air, her heart raced so fast, she felt it could fly out any second.

 

"Let her go." Youngmin said. Upon hearing his command, Kwangmin obeyed and let the poor girl go. Leaving her dropping to the ground, breathing in as much air as she could. "She's a human." The words of the tall boy surprised Kwangmin and Byungjoo. They jumped back, eyes widened. Not expecting this at all. "Human?!" Kwangmin stared at Moon. Her body trembling as she tried to regain her strength. "Look at her. She has the strength of a human. She almost couldn't breath no more, but she still didn't use her powers. Why? Because she's human. She doesn't have any. The only question is... How did a human enter into our world?"

 

____________________

 

Moon stared at the three boys in front of her as they conversed. She couldn't quite hear what they were saying exactly, but she knew it was about her. "Where am I?" she managed to choke out. "Somewhere you don't belong." Kwangmin muttered, sending her a deadly stare. "Kwangmin. Don't." Youngmin stated. "Who are you guys?" Moon had to gather up all her courage to say those words. Who knows what those 3 boys could do to her if she said the wrong thing. "I don't trust her.." Kwangmin said. He didn't seem too fond of Moon's existence. "We're Wizards." Byungjoo replied. Moon stared at them in disbelief. "Yeah right." she laughed as she stood up. "Oh really?" he smirked. Byungjoo reached his hand out and suddenly, a flower appeared on the palm of his hand. Moon stared at the flower in awe. "How did you do that?" The boy picked up the flower with his delicate fingers and handed it to her. "Magic."

 

"Are you guys really Wizards?" she asked quietly. The three boys exchanged glances before finally nodding a yes. "How did you get here?" Youngmin asked. His eyes were a little curious. "I don't know, I just stumbled into this place."  Moon explained. All of this was so weird for her. A secret place of the woods she's never seen before, and wizards? This was so unreal, so surprising for her. "But there was a code you had to solve." Kwangmin stated. "The stones? I guess I got lucky and stepped on them in the right order." The boys seemed pretty shocked that she actually got the code without even trying. A human coming into their world was such a big shocker to them. They weren't sure what to do.

 

"I never got your names yet." Moon said to break the awkward silence that was between them. She wasn't so sure as to if they wanted to tell their names to her. They didn't look so comfortable with her either. The threes boys introduced themselves one by one, saying their names. Moon didn't find it too hard to know each boy. Byungjoo for one had purple hair that was very distinctive. Youngmin and Kwangmin were twins, but the way their hairs were styled were different from one an another. Youngmin's was a bit curly and his bangs were down whereas Kwangmin's bangs were put up, revealing his forehead.

____________________

 

A bird's chirping was such a nice sound. It flew around, doing loops in the sky. The sun shone bright and the sky was blue. Youngmin, Kwangmin, and Byungjoo had let her explore the place upon her request. They followed her and observed her every move. It's been years since they've encountered a human. Moon went around the whole place, getting to know every tree and all the creatures that lived here. "Hansolie!" Moon heard Byungjoo's voice call out. She quickly turned around to see a puff of white smoke where he was standing before. Now, only the twins remained in their spots. Once she returned to her position facing frontward, she saw Byungjoo in front of her with another guy standing next to him. Moon almost fell down from shock but caught her balance at just the right time.

 

Just like Byungjoo, the boy had very distinctive hair colour. It was blue. "Look who we met today!" Byungjoo exclaimed to what seems to be, his close friend. The blue haired boy titled his head, staring at Moon with curiosity. "She's a human!" Byungjoo continued on with his excitement. "Moon, Hansol. Hansol, Moon." he happily introduced to two of you to each other. He seemed so hyper, and playful, so different from before. He was like a little kid. "Hello!" Hansol gave Moon a big smile as he shook her hand. "Hi." she smiled. The question "Are you a Wizard too?" ran through her mind. But she didn't say it out loud, what a stupid question that was.  Of course he was a Wizard.

 

The twins stayed at a distance as they watched Moon and the two younger boys communicate with each other. They seemed to be very fond of meeting a human. Youngmin stared at them for a little longer before finally starting to walk away, Kwangmin following after him.

 

____________________

 

"Can I come back tomorrow?" Moon asked after spending the whole day exploring around. Byungjoo and Hansol were her personal guides around these enchanting woods. The two boys took her everywhere and showed her everything there was to be seen. They then brought the girl back to the cabin. Once they entered, the twins were in view. Kwangmin walked into his room while Youngmin stayed a little longer. He watched as Byungjoo took Moon over to the couch to sit down. Then, the question came out from her soft, pink, lips.

 

"Why?" Youngmin asked. He carefully poured himself a glass of water before making his way a little closer to her. "I like it here. Is it ok if I come back?" Moon titled her head at the tall boy in front of her. Youngmin just stared, his face was emotionless, Moon couldn't tell what he was thinking. "As long as you're not trouble." he shrugged. After a few more hours of staying in the cabin with Byungjoo and Hansol, Moon realized that the clock had struck 5:50 PM and it was time she started heading home. "Already?" Hansol pouted as he latched onto Byungjoo, pretending to cry.

 

"Kwangmin, Moon's leaving." Youngmin told his brother as he helped him stack up the books on the shelves. "Good. I don't have to live knowing her presence is near." Kwangmin muttered. "She's coming back tomorrow though." There was a short silence that filled the room before Kwangmin opened his mouth. "Tell her she can't!"  Youngmin blinked a few times before avoiding eye contact with his younger brother. "I already said she could." he explained. "What if she tells other humans about us? Don't you remember what they did to us!" Kwangmin's voice was full of rage. He didn't trust these humans, not one bit. "She won't. I'll make sure of it."

 

"Wait for me." The three were heading out the door to take Moon back to her world when a voice from behind stopped them. They turned around to see that the voice came from Youngmin. He followed after them as they walked her over to the tree. Once they got there, Youngmin walked out in front of them and put his hand out. He focused his energy on his hand and a white light stared to appear in his palm. It shot out straight to the opening in the roots and the portal opened.

 

Just before Moon was about to step into the light, Youngmin grabbed onto her arm and pulled her back. "Don't tell anyone about this place. Ever." He stared at her with piercing eyes. Telling her that they'll be big problems if the secret was out. "I won't tell anyone, Youngmin. I promise." Moon gave him a reassuring smile. He nodded, seeming to believe what she said and released the grip he had on her arm. The three boys watched as the human girl walked through the portal and disappeared.

 

 

08/08/14

Chapter 2! This is a lot more interesting than Chapter 1, right? Ah, I hope you enjoy :) Please anticipate the next chapter~

Thank you for reading and please don't forget to comment about how you think this story is so far and subscribe ^^