Chapter 1

The Hidden Woods

A place. A happy place. It looked magical, it looked enchanted. The sky was barely seen through all the leaves of the tall trees that surrounded her. A cool spring breeze blew by. She closed her eyes as the sound of the leaves ruffle filled the air. When her eyes reopened, a pond was seen in front of her. It sparkled, unlike anything she's seen before. Something flew by above her, leaving a trail of white dust. She stared up in hopes she would see it again. As if knowing her wish, the creature appeared in front of her. It hovered over the water, staring at her as she did the same. The creature looked like a fuzz ball. White, round, cute little eyes and tiny wings. The little creature was surrounded by sparkles, it looked so magical, so unreal. She reached her hand out to touch it. The small puff ball, sat gently on the palm of her hand. It felt so soft. It's cat like ears perked up, as if it was happy to see her. Slowly, she started petting it. The creature purred and flew away.

 

*Ring ring*

 

Moon woke up, eyes widened because of the loud sound. She scrambled through her bag, taking out her phone. "Hello?" she replied. The trees still surrounded her as she gathered all of her books into her bag. "Do you know what time it is?!" a voice yelled from the other side of the line. It was her mother. Moon looked at her watch. The hour hand at 6 and minute at 12. A pang of realization hit her, she's been her for 3 hours! "It's 6! It's dinner time! Where are you?!" her mother yelled. Angry was certainly the right word to describe how she was feeling. She was not pleased that her daughter was not home at the time. "I'll be home in 5 minutes." Moon stated. She let out a sigh, feeling disappointment that what happened before was just a dream and this was now reality. Throwing her phone into her bag, Moon slung her backpack over her shoulders and made her way out through the trees.

 

The wind blew through her long straight hair that has been dyed a hazelnut colour. Using the tips of her fingers, she brushed her fringe to the right, where it belonged. Moon didn't mind at all that the spring breeze was messing up her hair. It still felt nice. She stuck her hands into the pockets of her black hoodie. Time to go home.

 

____________________

 

Moon was sitting in the school's courtyard. She found herself a spot under a tree. Nothing felt better to her than getting her mind lost into a great book. It opened up an entire new world for her. A world with freedom and without the judgement of people. No worries, no fears. The sound of the school bell ring snapped her back into the boring life that was reality. With a sigh, she put her book into her backpack and headed towards the school building. The hallways were flooded with students rushing to their classes. Moon walked slowly, trying not to let the rush of other kids knock her down. The loud yelling coming from her fellow classmates as they conversed with each other gave Moon a headache. She sat down at her seat and sighed, hoping the teacher will come in and quiet them done. "Ok kids. Settle down." Mr. Choi, the science teacher, said as he placed his brown, business looking, suitcase on the top of his desk.

 

Being a good student, Moon took down notes as Mr. Choi was going on with his lesson, explaining the science behind the earth, and a whole bunch of other stuff. "Now, I'd like you ask you guys. Do you believe there is such thing as magic in this world?" The class silenced, like any other time the teacher would ask a question. No one ever felt the need to answer. "I believe there is." Moon bluntly said. The whole class stared at her as if they never heard her talk before. "And why do you say that?" Mr. Choi asked. "Because anything is possible." The class burst into chatter. Some agreeing to what she said while others thought she was crazy. "Don't listen to her. She reads too many books. Obviously there is no magic on this earth because there is no proof that there is." Jiyeon confidently said. Jiyeon was the class know it all. Always thinking she was the best at everything and was always right in everything she said. It pissed Moon off that once she almost punched this girl in the face. "There's no proof that there isn't magic too." Moon replied as she sat back into her seat, curious as to what Jiyeon would have to say to that. "There's no magic in this world! That's impossible. Only stupid people think there is." Jiyeon spat, clearly Moon was getting on her nerves. "Girls, don't argue. Everyone is entitled to their own opinion." Mr. Choi explained before he continued with his lesson. Jiyeon gave Moon a deadly stare, her eyes telling her that she was right. Moon just scoffed, pleased that she pissed off Miss Perfect.

 

"There's no such thing as magic." Jiyeon muttered into Moon's ear as they exited the class at the end of the period. She shoved her aside but Moon caught her balance and pushed her back. Sending the girl to the ground. "Oh, I'm sorry. Didn't see you there." Moon smirked. As she walked off, she could hear Jiyeon yelling in the distance. But she didn't care enough to give it her full attention to listen to what she had to say.

 

The rain poured down hard. Digging into her backpack, Moon found her light blue umbrella. She opened it and started walking into the drenching rain. She watched as other students ran over to the cars of their parents and drove off. Others running off with their friends, all sharing one umbrella. Moon walked alone, she didn't mind, she was used to it. She preferred it anyway. No one to bother her from her thoughts. Although she loved the refreshing rain, it also upsets her. Rain meant that it would be too wet and muddy for her to go into the woods. That meant she had to head home. Moon took the long way home, just so she could pass by her ever so lovely woods. The trees acted as a big umbrella, shielding the floor from the rain water. Personally, Moon thought that even on a rainy day, the woods were still safe. But having an overprotective mother means if it's rainy she had to come home.

 

"Why are you so late? I thought something happened to you!" her mom exclaimed as Moon walked through the doors of their house. "I just took the long way home." she explained as she took off her drenched shoes. The middle-aged women sighed, "I don't understand why you loves those woods so much. It's dangerous." Moon threw her backpack onto the living room floor, then stared at her mother with disbelief in her eyes. "Give me one reason why those woods are dangerous." she stated. "You could get attack by wolves!" her mother said, clearly overreacting. "There aren't any wolves." Moon poured herself as glass of water. Her mom watching her every move. "How do you know??" she said, not convinced that her daughter was right. "I been to those woods thousands of times. I would know if there were wolves, Mom."

 

____________________

 

Moon sighed as she turned the page to see that it was the end of the chapter. She grabbed her black bookmark that was sitting on her night stand and carefully put it on the page. What better way to end the night than reading a heart racing chapter. Moon crawled under her soft, warm covers. She stared at the ceiling as thousands of thoughts flew through her head. Oh how she wished the places in her books existed. How much she wished and dreamed that it would be true. That one day, it'll happen. One day, she'll have a paradise where she could escape to. One day.

 

 

08/07/14

Here is the first chapter! It's just a little introduction so that's why it's so short. I promise the next chapters will be longer!

But until then, please enjoy this little chapter. Anyway, thank you for reading! Chapter two should be up tomorrow.

Don't forget to comment and subscribe! ^^ It would mean a lot.