-2-

Wedding Breaker

 

Again, Minho out of nowhere moaned in pain and then I realized that he hit his face with the door which I was the one who caused this violence.

“What the heck?” He cursed loudly while rubbing his nose which was now starting to turn red.

“Aigoo…I’m sorry. It was just an accident.” I said, surely no cue of sincere apologize.

“You?! What do you want?” He irritatingly asked and stared crabbily at me. No guess, he already sensed thing I was putting against him now. I shut the door behind me and crossed my arms, giving the same expression as his.

“What’s your problem?” I asked him but only earning back his chuckling.

“Excuse me, Miss?” He uttered with hands rested on his waist. “Should I am the one who own that question?”

His arrogant attitude now really made me regret because of pushing the door but not using my foot to kick it hard, granting that nose to have its period.

“What’s wrong my oppa had done to you, that making you seem to hold grudge on him? And for the hell you’re here asking unnie to reconsider about their marriage when the day will be right around the corner. You’re so ridiculous.” I said almost shout at his face.

“Huh what?” He laughed. God! I really want to throw an awesome punch in that smug face so much. “Sorry Miss, as a brother, am I not allowed giving a small advice to my sister? And to clear your nonsense accusation, I don’t hold grudge on your brother but to be frank, I just don’t like him for Luna.”

“A brother my foot!!!” I spat. “Hahaha…. It’s so funny. Seriously you’re just her big brother by the name or brother-like figure I suppose. Do you think because of that you have any right to invade unnie’s life?”

“Yes, I have.” He roared back at me, instantly making my eyes a little widened. “We had grown up together, sharing everything, eating and even sleeping together. For outsider like you definitely never understand our bonding loves as like a real sibling. And you, do you think who you are to form your own belief when you definitely know nothing about us?”

I took a hold of my breath about many seconds before I recovered from shocking. I glared at him as he did too. “And you …. Do you think who you are to judge my oppa? You don’t even know him neither trying to understand what unnie likes. Just only because of you own absurd feeling for not liking my oppa, you don’t get to decide who is good or bad for her. Jinki oppa is a great man, they are suit for each other. So don’t assume anything about him.”

He smirked at me and much to my surprise, he slowly approached me, instantly made me stepped backward until my back had a contact with the door. I gulped, seeing his smirk turned more even wider and his macho feature really made me stars-truck. Wait! Choi Jinri, what the hell are you thinking? Corrected it, made me want to throw a punch.

“Yes you’re right. But even if you have tons of reasons to prove your word I still don’t like him, will never when I don’t see it by my own eyes.” Minho said. God! What was this freaking crazy guy trying to do? My hell soon breaks loose if he still keeps this tiny distance between us.

“W--Whatever you s-say, Jinki oppa is a great guy. He is perfect as a husband material.” Dammit! Why the heck I stuttered?

“Of course you’ll say that because you’re his sister. Btw I will be surely surprise if you tell me the truth that how many girls were dumped by your oh-so-great oppa instead of siding him saying that he’s perfect.”

My jaw clench hardly as I shot him my dagger glare. “True, that he used to date a few times before Luna unnie but he wasn’t heartless like what you accused him. He has a good heart, it was those chic es who were blind to let him go.”

“Oh! So are you trying to imply that it’ll be my loss if I pull Luna out from the marriage then?” He ignorantly asked me. Dear lord! Just only this time, he used his brain to think.

“Of course.” I responded haughtily and then his smirk earlier, now turned to an unreadable smile. But what made me surprise the most was the way he suddenly patted my head. What? What was that for?

“It will be a battle then, Jinri-shi.” He said before turning around and strutted toward the lounge. My eyes confusedly followed him as my body was frozen on the same spot. Did he just call my name? And what the heck with the ‘battle’ he meant?

“Wait, what did you mean about the battle?” I curiously asked but I surely had no good feeling with that at all.

Minho turned around to look at me. Geez! That conceited smile, I wish I could wipe that out from that ugly face so much.

“The battle between us, it’ll be fun I guess. Let’s see, is it going to be my loss or your loss? Thanks to you, I just found another inspiration to end that marriage.” He finished his word with a wink.

My mouth gasped opened as my eyes almost dropped on the floor. Was this crazy man serious? Is he going to crash Jinki oppa’s wedding with his appearance within the damn 3 months he dies in Korea? Grrrrr…..No, I cannot let that happen. I glared fiercely at him as there were only 5 words registered in my head.

‘I.HATE.CHOI.MIN.HO’

“Ah I’ll take a bath now and if you don’t mind just leave already. Let’s the war begins tomorrow because I’m already tired now.” He chased me. God please bless me and show me the right way because now I was torn in between killing Choi Minho or leaving right away.

“OH GREAT!! Let’s take a good bath because your ego really smells like .” I pinched my nose. “It’s spreading everywhere as I feel very disgusting now.” With that I opened the door and went out furiously but not before I shut it closed hardly with a loud bang until I, myself was also startled by the sound I created.

 


 

Following weeks had pass as I’m not just busy with my work but also my free time were taken up by my oppa’s wedding preparation. I took quite big part to help them and I’m gladly done it with all my pleasure. Not that I’m not exhausted but also surprise myself that I never run out of my energy to do those things, because of what? Well…The battle …. Choi Minho, likely he wasted his efforts for nothing ever since. Luna unnie and Jinki oppa are still perfectly in love. No any scratches neither obstacle came in between them, only except this annoying man trying with every dirty ways he came up, gladly that their love is incredibly strong and won’t be affected by that.

I happily hummed my favorite song while taking a bath, when I was ready I wrapped myself with a white towel and then I heard a sound of my front door was shut. I grinned and quickly ran out from my bathroom to my bedroom door. Due to our appointment, Luna unnie and I are going to find the wedding dress at the boutique today since Jinki oppa couldn’t take his hand off from the restaurant early as he asked me to help my future sister in law on getting a fabulous dress. I didn’t even know myself why I’m this hyper. We will have a blast as I think that is the only thing out of the other preparation which I found so excited.

“Unnieeeee…..” I exclaimed my voice in adorable tone after my bedroom’s door was swung open. I shuffled my way out but only to glue abruptly on the place in the middle of the way when my eyes caught a glimpse of a very familiar figure inside my kitchen with a broad back facing me.

That wasn’t unnie instead it was a guy who I’ve never imagined to have him here … in my place ... as this man was really freaking standing here, opened my fridge to find something for drink. Oh yeah he was indeed the lamp post guy, the only one person who I was longing to see him dead or just gone forever. And that was none other than Choi Minho.

“Luna said she will go---” Minho said while turning around but he was almost chocked on the water he was drinking as soon as he saw me. What the heck was wrong with him again? He cleared his throat and looked elsewhere, avoiding facing my direction. “---to boutique with your oppa since he was able to spare his free time for her.” He continued with the cut statement he made earlier.

I hastily went toward him. With a quick tug, I took away my water bottle from his hand. “Why are you here and what the hell you can enter my unit?”

I saw him was kinda having a hard time to draw breath, even I was standing right before him but not for once he looked straightly at me. Urg! This conceited guy. What I have done in my past life, for now I have to deal with this kind of human being.

“YAH!!” I yelled at him. “Cut your conceited crap. Do you really have to carry your smelly ego around even in my place?”

He finally looked at me, annoyed. “Well, I cannot help either because whenever I see you, my ego automatically went excessive.” He said with his eyes fixed on my face with just a brief moment before it went up and down on my body while my gaze all along witnessed his adam apple was moving continuously.

Wait!! I felt something wrong …. Oh !!!! Did I just finish taking a bath and as in now I am in-----

“And I think you should better dress yourself decently first before we can talk.” He cut off my thought with our eyes contacts. “Because I don’t think I can concentrate in answering your question completely with you have nothing on but only a piece of a towel cover your--”

Before he could finish his sentence, my palm flied straight to fit right on his left cheek strongly along with a hard kick on his right ankle. He quickly bent down to hold his leg, after yelped in an extreme pain.

“You ing disgusting ert.”

 

 

I shut the car door harshly and frustratingly put on my seatbelt. My expression constantly darkened as I felt this guy beside me on the driver seat, gave a quick glance at me, the strong glare one I swear.

“What?” I spat at him, instantly almost making him jumped on his seat.

“You are such a violent woman.” Minho cynically mumbled before he the engine.

“So what? And even if unnie told you my unit’s password code, you should ing stay outside waiting for me. Why the heck you damn ert invade my apartment when both of us obviously are sworn enemy?” I still kept my voice loud, indeed shouted at him.

“It was your damn fault to deaf enough not hearing the continuous door’s bell. Were you supposed me to be dead outside by your door waiting for your sleepy head girl then? , I almost end up in the precinct when one of your damn apartment building securities suspected me as a criminal.” He shouted back.

“So don’t you have phone for the goddamn sake?” I countered back, still not gave in. “Oh well considered your dirty intention, I think you’re like one, criminal as a conceited ert.”

“Yah are you crazy? How would I ing know that your oppa didn’t tell you that they had changed their plan to have me fetch you violent girl to buy this crazy things in this list?” He angrily argued back and tossed a piece of a paper into my face. I grabbed it in my hand but before I looked at it, I threw my dead glare to him first. Then I heard him whined. “Oh god, damn regret to not reject this crazy plans since the beginning.”

I glared at him again. Why the hells that I was riding in a car with this crazy human being I hate the most in this world? And turned to oppa and unnie, couldn’t they at least inform me earlier than this before asking this guy to come to my place, seriously I didn’t even mind if I do it alone but why they needed to throw him to tag along as well. Darn it!! Aish…..

 

 

After minutes later of silence, something then registered in my head as I unconsciously drew a small smile. I looked at Minho who was now so cautious while driving since he was unfamiliar with Seoul busy street, frequently looked at GPS map screen. But obviously, the annoying look was still there. Pfft, as if he was alone.

I cleared my throat. “Hey! I heard from unnie that you and Jinki oppa had been out for drink together frequently, seemed so having a good time. Can I say that you two are best friend now?” I also didn’t know what was wrong with me but my voice was so soft and not noxious like it always does especially after our usual squabble. My earlier anger seemed to subside, thinking about this good updated news from Unnie. Maybe Minho started to change his plan already, and now he even help the couple to purchase many items for furnishing Jinki oppa’s place.

Minho glanced at me and then he shook his head when his eyes went back on the road. “No but we’re quite get along with each other. And well, He is nice actually.” Minho replied with the same tone as mine, well maybe that was a very first good impression I found on him when he likely appreciated my kindness with the way I talked but that’s not a solid reason for me graving more a wider smile on my lips now, but because he just expressed indirectly that he started to like Jinki oppa.

“Don’t put that smile yet Jinri because it’s not helping anything even one bit because that not has shaken me. Neither getting along nor with what I’m doing right now are still separating from my firm intention. Just remind you, our battle is still running so I’m still having 1month and a half to go in order to break them up. Well maybe I’ll take more of my attempt than that.” He replied with a smirk and shot that to me as I rolled my eyes in response.

“Seriously I suggest you to change your name from Choi Minho to Snot-nose snob.” I said, poker-faced. “Your conceited attitude and pile of ego are as high as an Everest mountain.”

“Oh I don’t really mind that name actually.” Again, this guy’s arrogance side. I badly wanted to squeeze his neck and kick his into the Han River where we’re passing by now.

I then sighed in defeat. “They’re very serious in this relationship, you just came in the picture and so you really don’t understand how beautiful their love is. Believe me, that surely very strong as your attempt will go waste in the end because I was the only closest person who watching them falling in love from the beginning until now. They’re head over heel toward each other.”

“Exactly!” Minho exclaimed before taking a quick glance at me. “Head over heel won’t last.”

“What?” I laughed unbelievably. “Hey Mr. Snot-nose Snob, I now truly doubt your brain is functioning well. If it won’t last, I don’t think they are able to stand this tight until now. Seriously it’s been 4 years for the Christ’s sake.”

“You really think that there’s no risk even they have been together for 4 years? If so you’re so naïve. Infatuated couple tends to be crashed by the storm easily when it finally comes in between them, eventually they’ll fall apart. I bet it’s just a matter of time. So why don’t end it already when they still can back off without complication like later after marriage?!” Minho said. His crazy absurd standpoint was as firm as steel.

“They’re not just an infatuated couple but ‘Trust’ is always stays tightly with them for 4 years already and it still counts. And that calls ‘True Love’, you know?!” I contended affirmably. I guessed even my vein was obviously popped out on my neck since I was so angry right now.

“True love?! Are you sure? I’m wondering can you even give me a definition of it base on your own experience, huh?” He suddenly dared me.

And his wish came true when I stayed mum with my mouth shut. Not that I had no word to lash back at him but truly I couldn’t give him that definition. I sighed inwardly to myself as I’m freaking 25 years old but funnily I never once fall in love, so how I could give him one?

His cocksure chuckle was way too enough for me to realize that he already knew what my answer was then.

“That’s what I supposed to mean Jinri. You’re not in the place to judge it when you, yourself never once experience it. You’ll tend to assume thing by using your own bare eyes but you’ll never know what it truly means … not until you found one for yourself.” Minho said and strangely I easily sensed there was something wrong with his counter. He then continued. “Even if you don’t succeed to reserve it but once you came to know about love, you’ll easily give a face-based meaning.”

 

I tapped my fingers tips together as the silent took over us later. Strangely I didn’t seem to be angry anymore but it was just my nosy habit itched my nerve, making me couldn’t keep this question any longer when it finally came out.

“So …. Have you ever been in love before then?” I asked, trying to not sound curious. Wait, why I was likely curious then?

“I think I have once, maybe.” He shortly replied.

What? How it was supposed to mean when he sounded uncertain yet his face was so serious?

And what the hell I care about that?

With that I adjusted my position back to be comfortable on my seat for enjoyably staring out of the window. Then silence took over us again until we reached the destination.

 

 

 

 

To be continued.....


I'm really sorry for many mistakes there and some of swear words I used. Pls forgive me....

Anyways thank you so much, my beloved readers :)

I'll update soon