-5-

Wedding Breaker

(A/N: I updated 2 chapters at once, so don't forget to read chapter4.)

 

No no, stop right there Minho, I really hate the awkwardness.

“Looking at you two just now, likely something is progressing so well.” Minho said, making me doubt about my ears is still working well! Did I assume it right? that he just made a sarcastic comment? As I was still in confusion, he then gave me an ironic smile. “After the brother are married off, seems like his sister finally had found her own romance. Should I congratulate you, Jinri-shi?”

“What do mean?” I asked him, starting to feel irritated. “Mind to explain me in detail what you’re trying to refer?”

“I’m not the partner who is in relationship you’re having now, how would I know better than you do?” He replied me back haughtily.

“What relationship?!? And what are you trying to point out here?” I countered him, slowly my patience are running low now. Almost a month we barely talked or actually none of words we were sharing at all. But now, what the hell is wrong with him? “What have gotten into you, Choi Minho? Last time I checked, we had developed so far from enemy to the stranger. And what’s now? Trying to re-stir back the hostility?”

“I am not. Why would I? Even if I want to, should I better to eliminate this idea before I receive some punches or something from your boyfriend?” He talked back and his stone face somehow pinched me inside.

I turned confused all over again when he out of nowhere talked about ‘boyfriend thing’ or all above the topic was all about he thought that I got a boyfriend. Don’t tell me he mistook Sehun as my romance partner? Thought about this, my brain reversed back to that night in the pub where he also acted weirdly this way, so piss off out of blue when he saw me and Sehun was about to kiss. Wait! What all of these mean? But at this moment, I realized my anger seem to vanish. My lips unconsciously stretching a bit at some sort of thought registered in my mind.

I crossed my arms and stared into his shining face for a moment, but wrong move because my heart screaming and begging to burst out at the sight of Minho also stared at my face. I quickly straightened my body and looked away from him. “You meant the guy with me earlier? He’s Sehun but I think you--”

“I’m not interest in your love affair.” Minho cut me off. “Anyways congrats, Choi Jinri. Right! Btw, I have something to tell you.”

Upon hearing him, I started to agitate again. But this time, I felt butterflies partying in my stomach. Could he want to confess something to me?

Minho took a deep breath. I looked at him, waiting anxiously for what he’s going to say. “Jinri, I’ve always wanted to say this to you but time never gives me a chance and if I don’t say it today, I don’t think I’ll have left any chance to do that anymore. So here, listen to it clearly.” He paused and heaved another breath as I’m now was about to explode just to wait for him.

“I am sorry.” Minho said.

What? Sorry! This was what he wanted to say? Weight of disappointment was found in my heart.

“I’m sorry about my present that pissing you off for these 3 months. But don’t worry, start from tomorrow you will no longer feel annoyed anymore because your wish is granted…. It’s appropriate time for me to leave already.” He said and then gave me a faint smile.

I felt something tearing me inside. Leave? Is he going to go back to Paris? Already?

“You know, actually 3 months in Korea is a great time for me. I can’t deny though, aside from I’m happy that I successfully made sure of myself that Luna and your brother are truly deserve each other and there is YOU.” Minho said. My heart beat madly like a drum with just a mere mention about me. “You might think I’m stupid, but to be honest I really enjoyed our argument. Some special feeling always emerged whenever I’m with you ….. Even right now.” He then chuckled. “Will you believe me, if I tell that I’m going to miss you after I flight back to Paris tonight?”

Tonight? This fast? Suddenly we heard Luna unnie called us to come out to take a picture. Minho said ‘yes’ to her and then he looked at me.

“C’mon let’s go out.” Minho said but when he took a step I immediately grabbed his arm without looking at him.

“You’re misunderstanding something. That Sehun guy and me are nothing. He’s NOT my boyfriend.” I said, still not laid my eyes on him. I clicked my tongue in annoyance when I heard nothing from him. “Seriously, why you always like to assume thing which is not true at all?!”

I heard him laughed lightly. “Oh really? I’m sorry again then. I thought that you two might be already a lover based on your closed gesture earlier. You two were just too close there and I didn’t really like it to be honest but now somehow it made me relieved.” Minho said. “Just forget it and let’s go out. They’re waiting for us.”

I turned to look at him. “You’re not going anywhere when you haven’t explained everything to me clearly yet about what you said.”

“Which one? I had said quit much.” Minho asked me, a cunning smile plastered on his face. “To detail why I said sorry or why the heck I rush back to Paris tonight?”

“Oh C’mon Minho, seriously I bet you knew what I’m after here. Cut the crap and stop pretend--”

“I like you.”

I widened my eyes. “W-What?”

 


 

I am now in oppa and unnie’s wedding reception party which is held tonight after the completion of their marriage ceremony. My mind hasn’t been in right portion at all ever since those 3 words of Minho were said. I thought I was able to take it since I actually had waited for it but I cursed myself until now for acting like an idiot didn’t know how to react that time or even in response him back. I looked at my phone screen to see the time. It is 8pm and only 2 hours left, he’ll board the plane.  I sighed deeply, tomorrow the huge ocean will separate both of us. Oh my god, only just a thought I miss him already so how will I survive to know that we’re going to detach and maybe it will be taken years for us to meet again, and what if when that time comes he might be already has someone. I suddenly felt so empty inside, something so new to me was born in my heart to feel yearning.

I gripped my clutch bag and shut my eyes, mentally debated with own self. ‘Jinri! Be calm and ask your heart now, what do it wants? What do you need and …. Who is you are thinking of ….this whole time?’

 

“To be honest I really enjoyed our argument.”

“Some special feeling always emerged whenever I’m with you.”

“Will you believe me, if I tell that I’m going to miss you after I flight back to Paris tonight?”  

….

….

….

“I like you.”

 

I quickly opened my eyes and stood up. It cleared me so well and made me realized something very important. It’s him, Choi Minho, who is the cause of my heart beat for, the one who I need and the only person who I’m thinking the most ever since 3 months ago. And now I might be gone crazy if I cannot talk with him, right now. Without thinking any longer I ran to Unnie about to ask her for Minho’s whereabouts. But in the midways, I felt someone caught my arm, I lost balance and fell onto that person. My body crashed against him with his arms wrapped around my body, prevented me from falling. , the repeated drama, it’s not Sehun again right?! Geez this guy!!

“What the---”

“Are you okay?”

My hands which was tucking on his shirt about to push him away hard, slowly released. That voice was very familiar to someone. It melted me inside and my heartbeat started to make a huge fuss. And there’s only one person who has this ability to make it mad like crazy.

“Jinri?!” He uttered.

“Minho?!” I whispered incoherently without daring drifted eyes toward the owner of hands which were still around me protectively.

“Hmm?” He hummed. “Where are you rushing to? Finding me?”

I shut my eyes and mutely nodded my head, still I had no courage to look up at him or maybe I’m enjoying being in his arm like this?! Then my body made aware of his chest were shaking, he must be chuckling. In a moment, I felt a hot breath touching my cheek trialing toward my ear, sending shiver across my system. Oh God!

“Will you dance with me, Jinri?” Minho whispered lightly yet so gentle, my knees almost wobble.   

 

 

“Why you were looking for me?” Minho asked me softly, when we both are now dancing. His arm onto my waist as my hands rested on his shoulder. I sighed inwardly, trying to organize my mind orderly. The state of thing as we are actually in now, made me so unrelaxed. Would you ever imagine that you and the person you never get along are together in such romantic situation? And how would you react when in the day he just did a confession and now he even treats you like a princess inside him arms as if every unpleasant thing happened between us before had never exist at all.

“I-I thought you already left. Why are you still here? Don’t you prepare for leaving?” I muttered in my usual voice, rather trying to be calm. Well …. Not just uncomfortable but mostly I’m quite shy. Ugh!! Really! I’m aggressive Choi Jinri here but you also have this day? This side does exist in me?

“Am I not allowed to stay here until my sister’s wedding are completely terminated? Ouch, then you still want to get rid of me so bad?” Minho said. I knew he sound joking but I couldn’t help to flick my eyelashes and glared at him. “Okay okay, I just want to tease you, Jinri. Well …. actually I’m still here because of someone is holding me back. And do you know who?”

“I don’t!!” I combatively opposed him. He laughed but then I cut him. “Shut up, even if you didn’t say it’s me but your froggy eyes are staring at me. Puff…” I didn’t know how come and when did those tense feeling I bore earlier were now thrown away already.

“Why so sensitive though, I’m not going to deny it is not you either. Yes, it is YOU.” Minho said, as I rolled my eyes.

“I said I don’t. Are you deaf?” I spat at him and about to continue, he suddenly leaned toward me, magically my mouth closed tight just because only a few inches our lips distanced. I bet they would definitely touch if one of us dares to move. I gulped and stared blinkingly at him. What the heck is he trying to do?

“Why stop? I thought about to kiss you in order to shut you up.” Minho said, he drifted his eyes on my lips for a few seconds before went back to meet my eyes. Oh my Gosh! My heart is near the edge to explode anytime soon. “But why I need to find any excuses just to kiss those lips? You know what, my ego which you always said that it’s excessive, now I’ll exchange it for the nerve. Sorry, but since long I’m craving to tease those plump lips of yours badly. Forgive me if you don’t enjoy it, but I’ll make sure you aren’t going to forget it for the rest of your life.”

He then smiled slyly.

Holy crap, I am dead.

Our lips touched and in a genius move, he united them as one. At first the motion was very gentle but once I gave in because I was no longer resist his great skill in kissing, Minho made progress. I even felt my legs weren’t in my control anymore it wobbled like a jelly. All I knew is his hand hugging my waist tightly as my body wholly pressed on him to support myself and most especially our lips are moving in sync passionately. Oh My God! Our lives depended on it, we ing don’t care about the people around either.

We finally pulled away in order to catch the air. Minho held my check and joined our foreheads together. We were breathless while doing the staring session this time, until we were back to breathe normally. Minho chuckled and caressed my cheek. Oh damn, I just realized my cheek was burning. Do I blush awfully now?

“Just warn you that it won’t be the last, so you should start to get used to it, Jinri.” Minho uttered, instantly earning my curious look.

What did he mean? If my brain is still working well, he’s going to leave soon right? Why he said that ……. Omo! Only if he……

“I won’t leave anywhere. Why would I when you pushed me to confess to you already and later you gave me nothing in reply?” Minho said. “At least I’ll stay to hear your answer first right? That’s legit before I leave and fight my feeling off. But now, I don’t think I need that anymore since everything is all written on your face very obvious.”

Upon hearing him, I harshly pushed him away and we finally had a tiny space between us.

“I just blush, doesn’t mean that I say ‘yes’.” I said and tried to look elsewhere except him, better rather than witness his conceited smirk.

“When did my confession is a question? As far as I remember, I stated that ‘I Like You’ not ‘Will you be my girlfriend?’.” Minho said. Again, he’s teasing my temper. I slowly shot my strong gaze at him but he wasn’t intimidated, instead he laughed. “Aigoo, don’t forget you’re wearing a gown Jinri. Violence is not good for your image.”

“You dare me?” I countered back.

“I just care for you. Men don’t like this kind of girl who likes to abuse them. Well…You might end up as a spinster.”

“What?” Okay, this guy won’t stop until he deserves another lesson.

But before I could do anything, my body suddenly was being pulled to crash on him. I widened my eyes as soon as, our lips met once again. Damn, Choi Minho snatched the chance to grasp me and kiss again and so I lost to him again.

“But you know what?” Minho said when we broke the kiss. He stared lovingly into my eyes. And wow, his ability to make my heart race very crazy isn’t a joke. I tried to hold my smile and continued to listen to him. “I’m not those men because truly I really don’t mind to have a girlfriend who likes to use a pair of arms and foot to pour out her anger neither frustration since I found it as her self-defend to stay away from any men out there trying to get her from me. It’s actually my benefit.”

“Right, you’re not just gaining a girlfriend but building your secure feeling as well.” I replied him proudly and Minho chuckled.

“So since I like you very much, why don’t you be my girlfriend then?” Minho straightforwardly confessed again. “Please hmm….?”

“Fine fine fine fine….” I surrendered and followed my thumping heart which is screaming for this man. I smiled hugely and hugged his neck. “I like you. I like you too and very much Choi Minho.”

“That’s it.” Minho exclaimed loudly and pecked me on the lips. He added. “Please take a better care of my heart, Jinri. I definitely trust you and have a great desire to be in love again. Just want you to know because of you, I’m willing to try once again as in everything and seriously wish for a wonderful ending to the both of us …. unite in one forever.”

I stopped smiling but I was sure that my expression was still soft for him. “I will Minho. You are definitely my first and I swear to God that you’re also my last. Keep my word.”

I saw him smile delightfully before hugging me tightly while mumbling ‘thank you’ into my ear. He pulled apart and stared at me again and I knew what he intently wanted to do.

I was torn between taking initiative to kiss him first this time or waiting for him?

Damn!! He’s so slow, I knew it’s romantic but I am impatient. Without thinking more, I crashed my lips against him and I felt he chuckled in between our kiss as I smiled in response but none of us were willing to pull apart ….. not until a tap on my shoulder was found.

“Yah! We are the newlywed here, aren’t we supposed to be the one who deserve all the attention?”

Jinki oppa whined with Luna unnie giggled beside him. The couple totally had the different expressions. I rolled eyes and gave him a glare before turned to Minho’s side and clung my arm around him.

“Fine, we won’t be here anymore. Will give back all the attention you want.” I said to oppa before I looked at Minho lovingly. “Should we just find a place where it has only the two of us?” I winked at Minho and dragged him out with me.

“Yah yah!! The two of you should better spill the bean to me later, Arasseo?” Jinki oppa shouted.

As if we care about him. Didn’t it clear enough that Minho and I are already an item? Pff….

‘Save your energy for tonight, Oppa.’ I thought and looked at my Minho. ‘And I will savour my every precious second with this man, make up for the lost time for these 3 months we had wasted.’

“What are you thinking?” Minho asked and snapped me back.

“Ah, nothing. Let’s go. I can’t wait to be alone with my boyfriend.” I replied and Minho smiled, pinching my cheek.

Awww…. Is this the feeling of having someone so special entered our life? Feels damn great! Definitely I won’t be a dumb to let you go, Minho-ah.

 

 

The end.


Thank you very much…..