-1-

Wedding Breaker

I d under my pillow for my phone, my eyes flickered and then it rounded as big as tennis ball later when it was already 9:30am. “ …..” I cursed loudly and sprung up from my bed and run like a missile into the bathroom.

Today Luna Unnie and I along with Jinki oppa were supposed to meet at the international airport. To your information, we won’t go anywhere outside the country, instead we were going to fetch someone from there.

Wait! Did I already introduce the people I mentioned above? Well… Jinki oppa is my oh-so-clumsy brother and Luna unnie was my oppa 4 years girlfriend but recently had become his one week fiancée and going to be his wife in 3 months. Luna unnie is my bestfriend, we just had known each other for only 5 years but our relationship were so deep and very close like a real flesh sister. We just spent a few days to get closer, a week became a dear friend. All these 5 years while being having each other companions were like a bless for us. We’ve come to know and understand each other very well, all inside and out.

Well, how she ends up going to be my sister in law? Talking about that, this hopeless couple should grant me a wish since I was the one who matchmaking them in the first place. My clumsy oppa with my naïve bestfriend, definitely fit each other. Now, really I’m so happy for them because making these two turned into a passionate lover was one of my desire wish. I really love Luna unnie for my oppa. Only God knew how much blissful I was when my brother was the first one who attracted by her charm for the first time they met and it wasted none of my penny energy to try making them interested each other since my Jinki oppa didn’t hesitate any moment in pursuing her. Two thumps up with a big clapping were given to him from me that he never gave up to get her until 1 year hardly passed by where finally he won her heart and eventually transformed to a sweetest sweetheart.

I bit my lip anxiously while kept on glancing my watch. Great! I was late for almost an hour. I quickly ran from the Taxi into the airport. I then spot Luna unnie and Jinki oppa were standing near the entrance while waiting for the person who we were supposed to fetch. Glad that the plan haven’t landed yet. I took my time to approach them since I needed to collect my normal breath back. I rolled my eyes on my way, seeing this obsessed couple was so into their own world, showing their affection without any embarrassment in the public. Did they need to be this intimate as if they were alone in this world?

“Guys please, we’re in the public. Can’t you save it for you two alone?” I cringed in my place.

“Sooner or later you’ll find yours, baby. Don’t be jealous.” Jinki oppa said, chuckling. He then hit me lightly on my head, earning a dead glare from me. “Your lazy sleepiness knocked over you again. Look! It’s already one hour we’ve been waiting for you.”

I rolled my eyes again in annoyance. Seriously, why I was dragged here in the first place as if I’m related with this person we were waiting now? I just forced my will to do what they pleaded for me since last week. “Oh please, just who we’re waiting for here? And I’m the one who you guys drag to be here. Y.O.U destroyed my beautiful holiday.”

“Sorry Jinri.” Luna unnie said and pouted at me. I softened my gaze at her. Well, this person we’re waiting for was sure, actually not related to me but instead it was her, this person has something to do with this couple but not me. “Maybe his flight was extended unexpectedly. I’m sorry, Jinri-ah.”

“Aniyo unnie I didn’t mean that way.” I guiltily said and glared at my oppa. “It’s okay for me actually. I’m just annoyed with oppa that’s why I said something like to piss him off.”

“I knew you’ve a big heart, Jinri?” Luna unnie said with hand clung around mine. I smiled at her but then I shot a killer look to Jinki oppa as the latter just shrugged his shoulder with a smirk in response.

 

Another hour had passed and the plan hasn’t arrived yet. I was in lost count for how many times I yawned and bucket of tears I wiped just in an hour. Last night, it was almost dawn, I crawled onto my bed after I have to finish my workload in order to save my time to enjoy my weekend happily. But looked now, I was stuck here at the airport. Even if I was in the public I’d even easily knocked out with just a second if I shut my eyes. And yeah as in now my both eyelids already dropped, suddenly I felt a light shake on my shoulder, I alarmingly shot up from my seat and found my brother was laughing at my stupid action. I clicked my tongue and before I could say anything, Jinki oppa pointed his finger toward our front. About a few meters away I found Luna unnie was happily in the arms of a man, he was around my oppa’s age or maybe younger than him a year or two. He was well dress as in neat attire inside the black coat loosening around his torso. I observed him from head to toe and believed me, this guy can give off the appearance of being confident, attractive, and professional with just a gentleman fashionably attired.

I didn’t even know when I smiled at the beautiful scene in front of us. They were fallen into a deep emotion while hugging each other, that man even smiled sweetly at Luna unnie and said something that it was barely to hear by me and oppa while wiping her cheeks where I supposed that she must be crying there.

“She definitely missed him a lot.” Jinki oppa commented silently and I nodded agreeably.

I’ll tell you about this man. For his name, sorry I totally forgot now but he has a sure name same with mine. Luna unnie loves this Choi guy a lot. She always told me how he took care of her when she was still living in Paris before she moved to Korea 6 years ago. I used to say that they’re related right but truly they have no connection with flesh and blood or even relative. It’s just their families are a long time dear friends. Unnie actually had an older brother and this man was the only bestfriend of her brother and also hers since they were still the kids. I didn’t know much about him but according to what she told me, when her older brother was suffered with a brain tumor and was died 10 years ago, this man was willing to take this place and became her older brother. He took all responsibilities as an older brother who always does to protect their little sister. He wholeheartedly gave her all the love and care that her late brother wasn’t able to give without any complain. But he already performed this role even before his brother was gone as he was so good to Luna unnie ever since they were still innocent kids.

Recalled all of what Luna unnie had told me, I finally could believe it by my own eyes. At first I kinda felt off to be honest of how a normal person could treat a stranger like his own family. But now I was wrong, I could feel it that the brother-sister affection obviously flying out from their aura. Exactly like the reflection of Jinki oppa’s and me.

I then felt my hand was being dragged by my oppa toward them.

“Oppa this is Jinki oppa and his sister, my bestfriend Jinri. I told you a lot about this lovely sibling.” Luna happily introduced us to him. “And this handsome man is my beloved oppa, Choi Minho.” She continued.

Ah right, Minho…. His name is Minho. He then smiled a bit and had a handshake with my oppa while bowed a little toward me. Before I could smile back he already switched his gaze back to my oppa. Why did I feel weird behind that gaze? Something wasn’t right at all with that small smile and stare he gave Jinki oppa.

 

 

“What is it that you do?” Minho opened the topic when we already inside the car that my oppa was driving. He was sitting in the front seat while me and Luna unnie at the backseat. I snapped my eyes on him from behind.

Seriously, he was this straightforward?! Omg! Unbelievably, this was his very first speech he spilled out ever since we were introduced. And here it came, a stupid question. What’s wrong with this guy? I bet he already knew about what my brother doing because unnie surely ever told him before.

“He opens a food restaurant, a great successfulness one.” I quickly replied to that guy. It may sounded boastful but yes, it’s true that it’s a successful business that my oppa struggling to run it by himself. And that made our family especially Luna unnie are really proud of him.

I saw that guy looked at me thru the rare view mirror. Even if I put a glorious smile on my face at him but inwardly I was cursing. What the heck that the reflection was directed at me. Obviously, we were looking at each other thru that ty mirror. After a few seconds of staring session, Minho suddenly chuckled and diverted his gaze away. Trust me, it sounded so mocking which it starting to burn my nerve.

“We can’t predict the future. Successful for now doesn’t mean it will be forever. Successful business is not something we easily brag about without caring about the dangerous way. Money may be with us but don’t forget that risk are also sticking beside like a super glue. A small carelessness you’ll doom.” He said but I could see he stared at my brother out of the corners of his eyes. He then added. “Don’t get me wrong. I just want to give out my small advice. But more than that I want to make sure that Luna’s life will be happy and my trust is strong enough to let you have my sister. Luna deserves a responsible man to be her dutiful husband.”

What? Did I just hear it right? At that moment I badly wanted to throw my question to him. Did he come to Korea to attend their wedding or to open an audition choosing the husband for unnie? Only if unnie didn’t give me apologetic eyes, I surely add another punch in his face for his indirect looking down at my oppa. I rolled my eyes when Oppa did nothing aside from an awkward smile. Couldn’t he at least argue something like convincing word to make this guy guiltily regret for what he said?

I think my anger was starting to boil now. I couldn’t even know myself when will this erupt but not long I supposed if this conceited guy is still holding everything against my oppa especially continuously teasing my temper.


Jinki oppa brought his freaking heavy luggage into his renting apartment where it was on the same floor with oppa’s unit. Yes, for 3 months he’s going to spend here until the wedding takes place and end completely. I crossed my both arms annoyingly while glaring at this guy from behind. He didn’t help my oppa even one bit, instead he asked unnie to tell him where is oppa’s unit and he made his way directly inside after unnie unlocked it for him. Me too, I chose to follow him into the place while unnie went back to oppa and helped him to organize this lamp post guy’s belonging.

“Is this where you’re going to live after marriage?” Minho asked as his eyes were roaming around.

“Yes, this is going to be their place so called heaven in 3 months later.” I answered him in mirthless tone, making him instantly turned around with a small surprise. Right, he might be thought that I was unnie all along.

He then put his both hands into his coat pocket and smiled at me. Yes an excessive pride smile one, but I looked away in annoyance and walked pass him to take myself a drink of water. I just realized right away that I dislike this guy and so I needed something warm to calm myself down.

“Funny, that you’re always the one who answered me when those obviously not your questions.” He said, still had his eyes on me.

I stared at the glass of water in my hand. Should I just splash this water to him better or should I drink it first before throw this hard objective right into his cocky face?

“So funny, that your questions were always hilarious when obviously you already knew the answer of them. Do you pretend to be dumb or you have suffered with some of memories loss because of bumpy long flight?” I dared back at him. I knew it may be kind of rude but I just couldn’t tolerate with this guy’s attitude. He is seriously conceited.

“What?” He uttered. Unpleasantness was planted all over his face and as if I care to be bothered by it.

Momentarily, oppa and unnie entered the unit. I clicked my tongue with rolled eyes when Jinki oppa said politely that he already unloaded his belonging into his unit as that lamp post arrogant guy just gave him a simple word ‘thanks’. I disappointingly shook my head at my oppa. Isn’t his serious illness just clumsiness but a dummy as well? Where is my manly oppa? Oh gosh! Didn’t he realize that this guy was trying to hurt his pride with every single word and move he does?

 

 

The four of us then had lunch altogether. Our conversation most of it came from this cocky guy in front of me threw his unending questions to my brother. I somehow irritatingly thought how could this brain in that tiny head contained so many curiosities and yes, all were so annoying, making me more even angrier the way he mostly tried to corner my brother until he countless time fallen speechless.

Yes, I admitted that Jinki oppa was such a clumsy guy but truly it was an only flaw out all of his advantages. He’s very nice in the family, best brother that I’ve never wanted to ask for more. Even being a boyfriend, I could perfectly see that how perfect he has devoted his love for Luna unnie. And not to mention about his look, how could anyone not fall for him? Women would build a very long row to just earning a small hug from him. No joking, he’s seriously nice looking. 

But I just couldn’t believe this guy. I knew he’s protective but it more even irritated me that for not even once ever since from the airport, he showed that he was happy for unnie’s wedding. No more surprise which I already could see that he unapproved oppa for unnie but hey, it’s her happiness not his right as long as she’s happy?! I didn’t expect him to jump up and down but at least a small enthusiasm won’t die right?

 

 

I wiped my hands with a towel after I washed the dishes and was about to get out from the kitchen, I found my oppa was nowhere to be found but only Minho and Luna unnie were enjoying their coffees while talking with each other.

“I think it’s not a sin to just eavesdropping, right?” I murmured quietly to myself, I then moved to find a better place for my ears to catch their conversation clearly.  

“I think I don’t like him, Luna. I want to ask, are you sure about this marriage?”

I snapped my eyes widened when I heard this guy’s word. Seriously, did he just indirectly say that he wanted her to dump my oppa?

“What are you talking about, oppa? I love him and yeah, in my whole life I’m never as sure as this time when I said ‘yes’ to him and well ready to be his bride. Jinki oppa may not good enough in your eyes for now but he’s beyond perfect in my life. You just know him in mere hours not even a day yet. When you get to know him I’m sure you’ll like him within these 3 months. He’s a very nice man for me.” Luna unnie said assertively and held his hand.

I pressed my lips together and smiled contently at unnie’s word. This was so touch, oppa is really lucky to have her. But then my lips only to stop stretching when this guy uttered again, still maintained his own farcical belief.

“I hope in 3 months you’ll change your mind, time never too late for you to back off. I’m sorry but I just don’t have a good feeling with this Jinki guy. I’m just afraid to see you in pain, Luna.”

I rolled my eyes and bit my lips in anger. Did he come to Korea for his main intention to destroy their relationship? I narrowed my eyes when he stood up from the couch, followed by unnie. Seemingly he was about to leave. I quickly rushed over to the counter and grabbed my bag. I recklessly run over and stopped between him and unnie which made them was startled. I then hugged unnie before I pulled back and with very nice move, I stepped backward to intentionally tread on his foot, so hard. I heard him gasped in pain but I didn’t care and I knew he didn’t do anything to take back at me as well. I grinned hugely as I felt his glare shot on me from my back.

“Unnie I think I should leave already and tell oppa I’m going now. See you!” With that I hastily opened the door and went out immediately. No bother to give him a proper good by since I’m not done with him yet. I had one more intention to deal with this Choi Minho guy. My anger seriously got better than me.

I stopped on my way and stood before his unit which was beside oppa’s, I then kicked his door before I ran to a place for hiding. I narrowed my eyes when Minho made his way to his renting unit’s door. He opened the door and went in but before he could shut the door I rushed into the picture and pushed it hard to open, having a big space for me to go in. Again, he out of nowhere moaned in pain and then I realized that he hit his face with the door which I was the one who caused this violence.

 

 

 

 

To be continued.......