Chapter 37

I Know You Like Me
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Kangin has a talk with Heechul. Leenah gets big news.

You Still Like Me

Everything:
 

SoonYee was fast asleep next to Donghae when she suddenly heard a thumping noise. Her eyes shot open and sat up slightly in fear as she heard the noise again.

"Donghae," SoonYee shook him awake, "Donghae, wake up."

"What?" Donghae said barely half awake in his sleepy voice.

"I think someone is in here, go check." She whispered.

"Why do I have to?" Donghae replied not as quietly, making her shush him in a panic.

"You're the man, if someone's in here then you have to fight them off," SoonYee shook him again in desperation, "Just please go check."

"I don't hear anything." Donghae said bluntly, rolling over to put his face into his pillow.

"Lee Donghae!" SoonYee whispered sternly then hit the back of his head, "I know I heard something."

Another noise appeared, it sounding like their fridge being closed.

"Donghae, it's coming from the kitchen," SoonYee didn't hesitate to start shaking him awake again, "Donghae!"

"It's nothing." Donghae's voice was muffled from his face being in the pillow but she still heard him clearly.

"Fine, then I guess I'll go check by myself." SoonYee nudged her way out of the bed, "If I die, it's your fault."

"SoonYee, don't go by yourself!" Donghae immediately got out of bed to follow her out of the room and into the kitchen.

They tip toed down the dark hallway, SoonYee close behind Donghae but still holding his hand. They carefully stepped into the kitchen. They simultaneously screamed in terror when they saw a human figure in the darkness. Donghae the light in that moment, only to see Leenah sitting on their counter with at least a dozen ice cream pop wrappers surrounding her from the counter to the floor.

"You're out of ice cream." Leenah said with a sad pouting face at them.

"Leenah, it's three in the morning." SoonYee put her hand to her heart in relief, "What are you doing here?"

"And why did you eat all our ice cream?" Donghae pouted.

Leenah let out a sigh, "Well it started at one, then I kept having feelings so it turned into sixteen."

"Leenah, you know I love you, but why are you here at three a.m. eating all our ice cream?" SoonYee asked.

"It's a long story. I came to talk to you but then I got hungry." Leenah replied, hopping off the counter.

"What happened?"

"Kangin said he likes me." Leenah sighed, making her way to the fridge again.

"He what?" Donghae said in a shock.

"Yeah, he said he's always liked me and is going to tell Heechul."

"That sounds dangerous." SoonYee commented.

"You think?" Leenah stuck her head in the fridge to search for something else to eat, "Do you have any pudding?"

"Okay will you stop going in our fridge? Food isn't going to solve your problems." SoonYee made Leenah get out of the fridge so she could close it.

"That's not my only problem," Leenah continued, "There's also a chance that I, that I might be a lot more sick than I think I am."

"What do you mean by that?" Donghae asked.

"Don't tell Heechul," Leenah begged then proceeded to speak as quickly as she could, "The doctor said it could be cancer but he's not sure yet it's not definite so don't tell Heechul he doesn't have to know yet and if anyone should tell him then it should be me. But I wanted to wait until I knew for sure but I don't think I can continue waiting that long and I can't take going through this alone anymore and I just don't know how to say it without upsetting him-"

"Leenah!" SoonYee finally interrupted her and gripped her shoulders, "Calm down. Are you calm?"

"Not really." Leenah replied in a monotone voice.

"Great." SoonYee nodded as if she said a completely different answer and let go of her, "Now tell us what's going on, slowly."

"Okay." Leenah took a breath, "I might have cancer, and I haven't told Heechul about it yet because I wanted to wait until I knew for sure."

Both SoonYee and Donghae were silent until Donghae eventually commented, "That sounds dangerous too."

"You think?" Leenah looked at him with a sarcastic expression.

"Listen, Leenah," SoonYee gently held her shoulders and looked her in the eyes, "You're right. It should be you who tells him. But it's late, so stop worrying about it for now and get some sleep. We won't say anything, we promise. Right Donghae?"

"Yeah."

"Okay." Leenah nodded her head. "Then do you mind if I sleep on your couch or something? I'm feeling tired now."

"Sure. Just be sure to go home in the morning."

"And don't raid our fridge, I still want breakfast!" Donghae commented as SoonYee sleepily pulled him back towards the bedroom.

__

Donghae was sure to keep his word but he couldn't help but feel slightly worried when Kangin didn't show up for recording that day. Heechul even brought Sora since it was a weekend, how could Kangin pass that up and not show? He guessed if he was going to tell Heechul then he didn't want work to be the place to do it.

"How did daddy sound, Sora?" Heechul asked into the mic, looking at Sora who was sitting in one of the chairs.

"You sing so good!" Sora clapped with a grin on her face that resembled Heechul's.

"I know," Heechul smiled confidently, brushing off her words, "Of course it would turn out amazing, just like everything I do."

"Yeah, besides dancing." Donghae snickered quietly but Heechul still heard him.

"Don't say that in front of my daughter!"

"But it's true, daddy. I see enough of it at home." Sora added, "Uncle Kangin even showed me your audition video."

"Well it doesn't matter, I'm here, aren't I?" Heechul put down the headphones and exited the booth. "Which reminds me. Sora, want to take a look at the practice room?"

"Yes!" Sora squealed, jumping out of the chair and grabbing Heechul's hand to go with him to the dance practice room with Donghae following.

"There are a lot of memories in this room." Heechul said as he walked in then chuckled, "I remember when your mommy was a trainee here. There was this time when she choreographed some of our dances."

"Heechul, you're still not doing it right." Leenah tried to keep her patience, which wasn't working out too well. They've done this part at least 6 times already, and he still was so sloppy.

"Shut up, I got this." Heechul said attempting it again, but failing.

"Quit the attitude, you being too stupid to understand something so simple isn't my fault."

"I'm not stupid, you're the one who's stupid." Heechul attempted the move one last time, but failed again. "Who cares if I'm a little clumsy at it? No one will notice."

"Yes they will notice. Fans notice everything."

"Something in me just loved getting under her skin like that." Heechul smiled as he reminisced.

"Was mommy a good teacher?" Sora asked.

"She sure was." Heechul replied, "A lot of other choreographers had no faith in me, so they would just put me in the back and let Eunhyuk, Donghae, and Shindong show off. Even though I was sure she hated me back then and I was always annoying her, she was kind to me in a way I never even noticed until now."

"Come on, show me. Teach me, teacher."

"Promise to not give me a hard time?" Leenah batted her eyelashes innocently.

"You have my word." He bowed to her politely.

Leenah did a demonstration of the move, then gestured for Heechul to try. As he attempted, he tripped on his own foot and fell on his , which made cover so she could laugh.

"Don't laugh." Heechul warned as he stood up.

"I'm sorry." Leenah giggled.

She broke the move down into even smaller steps, making it easier for him to learn. The method seemed to work, because he got it much better the second time he tried it all together.

"Wow, you're actually dancing!" Leenah teased, making him pout at her.

"Keep teasing me like that and you'll get it, trust me." He giggled, winking at her.

"I'm so afraid." Leenah replied sarcastically. "Let's try to work on your actual routine this time."

"But that's work." Heechul whined, not wanting to.

"Oh come on, you're a grown man, at least act like it." Leenah nudged her elbow into his side while he pouted like a baby.

"She didn't give up on me. She helped me in a way so I could understand and get it right, and it actually looked good. That's why she would get annoying and nag me until I did perfectly. Makes me wish she never had to leave this place." Heechul felt himself starting to tear up but quickly sniffed and held it in. He laughed as he thought about something else, "I remember when we tried to get the other to admit we liked each other while practicing for her monthly evaluation."

"So Leenah Jung, why don't you show me how this dance starts?"

"It goes a little like this. You put your hand here." Leenah stood in front of him with her back facing him. She took his hand and placed it on the front of her stomach. His arm around her like this gave him the power to pull her closer to him so her back was touching him. "What are you doing?"

"I thought since it's supposed to be y, we should be closer together, no?" He whispered into her ear, his voice dropping a few octaves. He was obviously trying to make her weak for him, but she wasn't going to let him win.

He was a big pain through the entire teaching of the routine. His hands kept wandering to places they shouldn't be, he kept winking at her and smirking, even his lips in the most seductive way possible-

"Heechul!" Donghae interrupted him. "Don't tell her that story!"

"Oh right. Sorry, Sora. You can't hear that story." Heechul then clasped his hands together. "Want to see some of the cool dances mommy taught me?"

"Sure!"

All seemed well. He had no idea what was to come and Donghae felt bad he had to keep his mouth shut about it all, but it was what was best. He should hear it from Kangin and Leenah and from them only.

He just hoped they wo

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter