Chapter 35

I Know You Like Me
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Heenah find out Nani is being bullied in school. Leenah ends up needing Kangin's help.

I Know You Like Me

Scare:
 

The words repeated in Leenah's mind the entire night, making it so she could barely sleep. She had no idea what to do. None of it seemed real. The possibility that she could have cancer scared her to the point of wanting to break down crying. She didn't bother telling Heechul about the phone call because she had no idea what to tell him. There was a possibility she could have it but then again she might not. What would be the use of worrying him, to make him as scared as she was right now? However, if she were to go back to the hospital to have them tell her she does have cancer, what would happen then?

At the moment she had no idea what to do about any of it since it was just a waiting game. The fear in her mind kept screaming at her saying to just accept you're going to die and leave not only Heechul forever but Nani and Sora as well. Why couldn't it only be her heart that was going to be broken?

Morning came but Leenah didn't feel like getting out of bed. All she wanted to do was lay there forever and accept that her life was over.

"Good morning." Heechul sang as he rolled over to put his arm around Leenah's waist who was laying on her side with her back facing him. "The kids are still asleep, and it's a beautiful morning."

Heechul tightened his arm around her and buried his face in her neck. It wasn't until she felt him kissing her soft skin where she figured out what he was getting at. Leenah rolled her eyes and turned to push him off.

"Is someone being cranky this morning?" Heechul smirked, nudging himself right back over to her. "Does someone need to be tickled?"

"Heechul, don't." Leenah nudged herself away from him but he only got close again, his hands creeping around her waist. "Stop it."

"Stop what?"

"Being annoying."

"You love it." Heechul chuckled, leaning down to kiss her cheek over and over until she pushed him off again. "Wow, you really are cranky this morning."

"I'm just not in the mood." Leenah threw the covers off and got out of bed.

"Is this because of last night? You can't still be mad at me, are you?" Heechul stayed in bed and looked up at her with his big puppy eyes. "I'm sorry I got so jealous."

"Wow, Kim Heechul admitting he's jealous! I never thought I would see that day." Leenah found herself snapping at him in an overly sarcastic tone, which took him by complete surprise. "No, it's not about that and it's nothing you need to worry about anyway."

"Okay." Heechul made sure to cautiously get out of bed just in case Leenah was going to continue with her attitude for whatever reason. "Everything okay?"

"I'm fine, Heechul." Leenah had quickly locked herself in the bathroom so she didn't have to look at him, and so he didn't have to look at her and notice there was something wrong. She hoped he wouldn't be able to sense it.

"Okay, I'll just go wake up Nani and Sora then." Heechul slowly left the room in confusion and muttered to himself, "Is it that time of the month already?"

As shuffled his feet to Nani and Sora's room to wake them up for school, his peripheral vision of the kitchen caught his attention. He turned and saw Sora already awake and dressed, pouring herself a bowl of cereal.

"Oh-" Heechul looked in surprise, "You're already awake?"

"Yeah," Sora replied.

"Okay then. Where's Nani?"

"She is in bed. She's not going to school today."

"What? Oh yes, she is." Heechul marched right into their room to see Nani still in bed and pretending to be asleep. "Yah, Nani! Rise and shine! Get up and get ready."

"I can't go to school daddy, I'm sick." Nani kept her back to him and let out a fake cough.

Heechul rolled his eyes. "Stop faking, you can't fool me! Now get up."

"I'm not going to school." She seemed very insistent about it which he noticed.

"Why?" Heechul sat next to her on the bed and patted her shoulder. "Did you see students playing hooky on tv? You can't trust dramas, Nani! They are nothing but lies!"

"You act in dramas, daddy." Nani turned towards him for a moment then looked away again, pulling her blanket over her head.

"Yah! I will drag you out of this bed if I have to! Get out from under there!" Heechul fought her to get the blanket off.

"Good morning everyone!" He heard their front door open and Donghae's cheery entrance. He remembered Donghae saying last night that he and SoonYee were going to stop by today.

Nani then pushed the blanket off along with Heechul's hands and jumped out of her bed. "I'm not going to school!" She cried before running and locking herself in the other bathroom. Heechul sat there dumbfounded for a moment, completely lost in what was going on.

"What is up with the girls in this house?" He scratched in head in confusion before standing up to go greet Donghae and SoonYee. "Hey."

"Hey," Donghae replied. "What was that all about?"

"I don't know! All the girls are going crazy in this house!" Heechul shook his head. He looked at Sora who was sitting in the kitchen, knowing she knew something. "You! Tell me what you know!"

"She made me swear not to tell." Sora continued eating her cereal.

"I have about ten thousand won in my wallet. You can have it all if you tell me." Heechul sat across from her at the table and leaned in curiously. Sora seemed to immediately take his bribe.

"The other kids in school hate her. She doesn't want to go to school anymore."

"What!" Heechul gasped in shock. "How can anyone possibly hate my daughter! I will march over there right now and beat up everyone who's bullying my Nani!"

"Uh Heechul, you can't beat up kids," Donghae spoke in the background.

Heechul slammed his fists on the table and turned towards him. "I don't care! You just watch me!"

"What is going on?" He heard Leenah's voice, making his heart swell. She finally came out of the bathroom due to his yelling and when he turned towards her, he could've sworn it looked like she might have been crying but he was too angry about the current situation to really notice, leaving it as a small thought in the back of his head.

"Other kids are picking on Nani and I'm this close to showing them what a murderous father looks like!" Heechul stood and went to the bathroom door that Nani was hiding behind. "Nani come out of there! Come out of there and tell me right now why those kids are picking on you! And give me their addresses just in case I can't find them all at the school!"

"Stop that Heechul." Leenah approached him and put her hand on his shoulder. "Nani, can you please come out? Mommy and daddy want to talk to you."

"I want to talk to auntie SoonYee." They heard Nani's small voice on the other side of the door. Leenah and Heechul turned to SoonYee who was standing next to Donghae. She pointed to herself questioningly, not sure why Nani wanted to talk to her and not her parents.

"Okay, you can talk to her." Leenah gestured for SoonYee to come over to the door. "Auntie SoonYee is right here."

"Hi, Nani." SoonYee greeted once she was by the door. "Will you open the door now?"

"No," Nani replied. Heechul and Leenah decided to back away from the door a little so SoonYee could talk to her

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter