Chapter 33

I Know You Like Me
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Kangin reveals a secret to Youngsoo.

I Know You Like Me

Returned:

"It really has been a long time, Park Youngsoo."

Park Youngsoo. Why are you calling?

"I have missed you so much! I was wondering if you were free right now, we could get together and catch up on our lives and such." He sounded so happy to be talking to her again after so long. But why now?

"That's really nice of you to offer, but I don't think I should."

"Why not? We can hang out as friends, right?" He was always so nice and she couldn't say no that. If it was as just friends then there was nothing wrong with that. Right?

"Okay then. Where shall we meet?"

"Down the street from that bakery. You know, the place where we had our last talk." The place where she had broken up with him? That bench that was down the street from their favorite bakery? Where she told him she was choosing Heechul over him because she loved him more? Why would he want to meet there?

"Sure, I'll be there in a few minutes." Leenah replied after she looked at her surroundings to see how close she was. "I'll see you later then."

"I look forward to seeing you." He giggled cutely before hanging up.

As Leenah walked down the street, she thought about calling Heechul to let him know Youngsoo was back. But as soon as she went for her phone, she put it back in her pocket and shook her head. No, she couldn't tell him, he'll get so upset and worried. He would never have to know about her meeting up with him. This will be simple. Nothing to worry about..

__

"So I lived in New York for about four years. When I got back, I had sent you that letter. Then I left for my mandatory enlistment. Now that I'm back from that, I thought we could talk." Youngsoo explained as Leenah awkwardly sipped her coffee. "How have you and Heechul been?"

"We've been good." Leenah quickly responded then proceeded to look at her lap. "That New York experience must have been really good for you."

"Yeah it was." Youngsoo tried his best to make the atmosphere less awkward but he felt like he was only making it worse. "SoonYee told me you married him."

"Yeah, I did."

"And you're still married to him I'm guessing?" He wanted to smack himself for that one. She just said her and him were doing good so of course they were still married. What was wrong with his stupid head?

"I most certainly am." Leenah took another awkward sip of her coffee as did Youngsoo. "What about you? Have you been dating anyone else these past few years?"

"It's already been nine years, hasn't it? No, I haven't dated anyone." Youngsoo chewed a bit on his tongue. "And you're happy with Heechul, right?"

"Of course I am."

"That's good, I guess."

"You guess?" She wondered why he threw in that word. Was that not what he wanted?

"I don't know. I remember saying that I would fight for you, but I didn't fight hard enough. The whole thing was my fault." Youngsoo suddenly confessed, making Leenah stare at him. "I neglected you, which made you want him more. I went away when I shouldn't have. I broke up with you because of my parents yet you still took me back, just for me to mess it up again. I made a big mistake letting you go, again."

"Things happen for a reason, Youngsoo." Leenah tried processing what he was saying and found it difficult to make words from how emotionally confused she was becoming at the moment. "You and I, we just weren't meant to work out. It's always been Kim Heechul for me. You have to understand that."

"But you hated him. He was nothing but a jerk to you wasn't he? That's what you always told me. For me, it was love at first sight with you. I knew right away that I wanted to be with you forever. I never teased you or looked down at you for who you were or what you look like. Did he? You guys became worst enemies the moment you met each other, he obviously never always loved you. He hated you, he called you names, how is that fair to you or me?"

"He always liked me, Youngsoo. He's a guy, he just didn't know his real feelings. Deep down we never really hated each other. He doesn't call me those names anymore and hasn't for a long time. He always loved me, and I," Leenah hesitated, "And I always loved him. I didn't realize it for so long and if I had figured it out sooner then I wouldn't have been so unfair to you."

"Leenah, I don't care if you were unfair to me. During the time we were apart, I forgot all about you cheating on me with him. I forgive you for it. I drove you to the point of that. If I hadn't become so caught up in my own life, I would have paid more attention to you. But all that is over now. It's always been us, Leenah Jung. Remember?" Youngsoo desperately grabbed her hand and she was too shocked to pull away. "Park Youngsoo and Leenah Jung, forever."

A minute or so must've passed before Leenah gently took her hand back from his.

"I'm sorry, Youngsoo." Leenah apologized as sincerely as she could. "I'm in love with Heechul. We have kids together now. Even if you were to tell me this the day after we were over I would have still refused you. Once I gave Kim Heechul my whole heart, there was no going back. I'm sorry."

Youngsoo sat silent for a moment. "You have kids with him?"

"Yeah. They're twins."

"Boys or girls?"

"Girls."

"Well, it would've been nice to know that before I said all that." Youngsoo pursed his lips awkwardly, feeling completely embarrassed now. "So you are completely tied to him then. This is awkward."

"I should've mentioned that sooner."

"No, no it's okay, really. Things like that are expected in a marriage." Youngsoo exhaled deeply as his eyes trailed down from the tubes in her nose down to the small oxygen tank beside her. "And, you were able to make babies with that, you know, on you?"

Leenah laughed as she blushed a little. "Yeah."

"Considering your condition, isn't that like an Olympic sport to you or.." Youngsoo's voice started trailing off but he picked it up again. "Like, you have to take a lot of quick breaths and stuff so, isn't that hard for you or-"

"Youngsoo." Leenah stopped him and put a hand on his shoulder to calm him down. His words couldn't help but make her laugh. "Heechul knows what he's doing to make my breathing just fine in that department let's just leave it at that."

"Thanks for not giving too big of a visual, I don't need that." Youngsoo swallowed the lump in his throat and bit his lip. "Oh, I almost forgot. I have something for you."

Youngsoo got something out of his bag and handed it to Leenah. It was a small and cute decorative baby blue box with matching ribbons as handles. Inside was heart shaped chocolates.

"Since your birthday is next month, I wanted to make these for you like we used to do. But I decided to make them now." Youngsoo shyly handed her the bag and she took it. "I thought it would've went well with my confession."

"You're a really nice guy, Youngsoo. You'll find the girl you're meant to be with one day."

"I just wish it was you." Youngsoo frowned a little but wiped it away. "Who knows, maybe it still is you. If things end up not working out with Heechul, just remember that I'm only a phone call away."

"I'll keep that in mind." Leenah chuckled as she stood. "I should be getting home now."

"Yeah me too. Thanks for meeting up with me." Youngsoo stood up with her then awkwardly rocked back and forth. "So do we hug or, what?"

"We can hug." Leenah chuckled again and brought him in a warm hug. He hugged her tenderly, not wanting to ever let go. Before he realized it, he let his words slip whispering, "I love you."

Leenah pretended not to hear what he said and released the hug. They said goodbye to each

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter