Chapter 14

I Know You Like Me
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Heechul, Leenah, and Henry decide to go to Disneyland. Leenah seeks comfort in Heechul, making the atmosphere between them change.

I Know You Like Me:

Jealousy:
 

"Heechul, just calm down." Henry told Heechul as Heechul slammed their hotel door open and marched inside.

"I'm just stressed out, okay?" Heechul tried keeping his cool. "I have someone else that I need to find now, and I have no idea where to start."

"Heechul, it's okay." Leenah assured him. "It's not a big deal. You don't have to do anymore."

But Heechul wasn't listening to what she was saying. He felt as if he failed her in some way. He thought she could have closure in this part of her life, but he felt like he had failed. Like the closure she had gotten wasn't enough, because there's someone out there who was part of her family, and he felt like he had reached a dead end and doesn't know how to get out of it.

"It's not okay, I have no idea what to do now!" Heechul took off his jacket and tossed it across the room.

"Kim Heechul!" Leenah demanded his attention then immediately softened her tone. "Heechul, I can't tell you how thankful I am for everything you've done for me because words can't express that. You done so much, more than you ever needed to, so please don't stress yourself out over trying to find someone else for me."

Her words and her putting her hand on his cheek seemed to have calmed him down. He took a deep breath and relaxed himself, following a mumbled "okay."

"Thank you. Now that you've got that out of your system, can we just forget about it?" Leenah tried giving a smile.

"Why don't we have some fun while we're still here? Let's just let loose, get our minds off of everything since we go back to Korea tomorrow? Sound good?" Said Henry.

"Sure, why not?" Heechul's mood seemed to suddenly improve. "Leenah Jung, what do you want to do?"

"You're asking me?" Leenah pointed to herself. "I don't know, I've never been here before."

"Why don't we go to Disneyland?" Henry saved her. "I think it's something we'd all enjoy, right?"

"Okay." Heechul smiled cutely. "Let's not waste anymore time standing here then, let's go!"

__

After passing the Hollywood sign, and waiting in an extremely long line,  before Leenah knew it, she was in. So here I am, in Disneyland, in America. She couldn't believe it. She thought she had to be the luckiest girl in the world, along with the other probably thousands of girls there that day too of course. After all these years of it as an impossible dream here she was, enjoying time in America. The best part was that no one stared at her, everyone just let her be with her two friends, allowing her to fully enjoy herself. She could actually blend in, it was exciting. Now if only Kim Heechul understood her weak stomach, that would make the day perfect.

"Kim Heechul, if you put me on that ride again I swear I'm going to puke all over you." Leenah warned him. The ride spun too fast, and Leenah was sure her stomach was ready to give up, since this would be the third time they ride it.

"You're such a wimp." Heechul gently shoved her shoulder. "Five-year-olds handle this ride better than you."

"Well I'm sorry for having such a weak stomach." Leenah sarcastically replied. 

"I'm back guys!" Henry ran up to them, returning from the bathroom. "Was it fun?"

"It almost was, until this little girl threatened to puke on me." Heechul casually pointed at Leenah. 

"Okay, first, I'm not a little girl." Leenah pointed her finger at him. "Second, it wasn't a threat, it was a promise."

"Threat or not, if you vomit on me you better run." Heechul pointed back at her.

"Guys, are either of you hungry?" Henry interrupted them. "There's this neat looking Mickey Mouse place back there and I'm hungry."

"You guys go, I'll just wait here for you." Leenah offered. "My stomach still needs to calm down from the torture it just went through earlier."

"Okay, we'll be right back." Heechul patted her shoulder. "Remember, don't wander off, and don't talk to strangers, got it?"

"Heechul, I'm twenty-two, not five." Leenah glared at him, which only made him laugh.

"I know that." Heechul stated as if it was obvious. "You can't be too careful these days though."

"Just go get whatever food you want already." Leenah shooed them off.

Heechul and Henry scurried off on their own to go get food, leaving Leenah alone for the time being. Once they were out of Leenah's sight, Heechul started giggling and nudging Henry's side. "She's such a grouch, isn't she?"

"You like it though." Henry nudged him back.

Heechul just laughed. "Yeah, I do."

Leenah just stood there alone, immediately regretting sending the boys off and leaving her there. Even if it was only for a few minutes or so, she didn't know what to do while she waited, especially since she couldn't go anywhere. She knew she was definitely not getting back on that ride again, and her phone wasn't too useful here, since she couldn't text SoonYee and tell her how everything was going.

She just stood there rocking back and forth, just waiting for Heechul and Henry to get back. Her nausea from the ride was going away, which she was happy about. A sudden tap on her shoulder made her lift her head to see, not Henry and Heechul, but a small group of girls who didn't look too much younger than herself. What made it bad though, was that the girl who tapped her shoulder spoke way to fast, and Henry wasn't there.

"Hello sorry to bother you, but we're trying to find this thing and we wanted to know if you have an extra map?" The girl spoke quickly, throwing Leenah completely off.

"I'm sorry." Leenah said as best she could, despite the fact she just became incredibly nervous.There was a flaw to looking like everyone else around her, no one knew she couldn't talk to them. "I don't-speak-English."

"I'm sorry but, what did you say?" The girl tried not to laugh. "You don't what?"

"I don't speak English." Leenah blurted out in accidental Korean. She didn't know what else to do.

The girl actually laughed, along with her friends. "What in the world are you trying to speak?"

Leenah tried to speak English again. "I am, Korean." She pointed to herself. "Korean."

"I think she's saying she's Korean or something." The other girl giggled.

"Oh well in that case, ni hao!" The girl in the front laughed obnoxiously. Leenah's expression went from nervous to shocked. 

"Oh come on, you don't really believe she's Korean or Chinese or whatever, do you?" The third girl laughed to her friend. "Look at her! She's obviously faking it."

Leenah had no idea what the girl said, but she knew it wasn't very nice.

"Who cares about that?" The girl in the front laughed, then focused on Leenah. "Why did you bother coming to America if you can't speak English? We speak English here!"

"You understand that? English!" The other two girls laughed along with the girl in the front.

"Stupid Koreaboo."

Unable to handle anymore, Leenah ran off to find Heechul

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter