002

Don't Fall In Love With Me

Today was the wedding day. Today was supposed to be the happiest day of their lives for Soojung and Mark, but in fact, it's the other way around. They both felt they were in hell, especially Mark. 

As the bridesmaid helped put the veil on Soojung, she started to tear. She didn't know if she could bare to see her future husband love someone else who was already dead from this world. It has been almost a year already and yet Mark haven't forgotten about her one bit.

"Can I come in?" Someone knocked.

Soojung's bestfriend, Jiyeon, opened the door.

"Jackson?" Jiyeon questioned.

"Can I talk to her?" Jackson asked. "It's really important." He added.

Jiyeon nodded as the rest of the bridesmaid went out. "But don't take too long." She pointed her fingers at him.

He chuckled. "I promise I won't."

Jackson closed the door and took a deep breath before turning around to see Soojung.

He slowly turned around and slowly a smile formed on his face. "You're beautiful." He whispered.

It was always his dream to see her in a wedding dress and it finally came true after all these years. Well at least half of it. Another part of his dream was for him to be standing at the end of the aisle, not his bestfriend Mark. Jackson fell in love with her ever since day one. Although he was known as a player, Soojung was and still is the only girl who holds a special place in his heart.

"Jackson." She called. "Jackson." She called again. 

He blinked a few times and finally came back to reality.

"I want to wish you good luck out there." He forced a smile. "Don't trip." He laughed.

"Please, you're the first person who would actually want to see me trip and fall on my face." She crossed her arms.

"You know me so much." Jackson said. *Actually, I would be the first person there to catch you in my arms.* He thought.

"Why wouldn't I know you? We've been friends for so many years now!" She replied.

As Jackson was still holding the door knob from behind, he locked it and walked straight to Soojung. He grabbed her arm and pulled her into his embrace.

"What's this for?" She asked, confusingly. 

"It's nothing. I just want to hug my friend one last time." He lied.

He finally letted her go after sometime and heard footsteps coming to this room. Jackson opened the door and all the brides maid frantically came running in.

"It's time!" Jiyeon said, as she gave Soojung her bouquet.

Jackson smiled and left to where he was suppose to be, standing next to Mark as his best man.

Soojung came out to see her dad standing at the door where they would enter.

"I love you Soojung. Even though you'll be a married woman, you'll always be my little girl." He said, as he gave his arm out to her.

"I love you too dad." She reached for his arms.

As the time was coming closer, she was getting more nervous. Many questions came to her head. Was Mark standing at the end of the aisle waiting for her? Was Mark going to back out last minute?

Finally the door opened.

She looked and saw Mark there waiting for her. He was actually smiling...

Mark looked ahead as the door opened. There he saw his bride coming in. He smiled at the sight of her. As they came to the end, Mark took out his hand as she reached for it. 

As the priest was saying his speech, Mark was thinking to himself.

Yes, she was beautiful he thought. Very beautiful, but it wasn't her. It wasn't the girl he loved. Before they know it, it was time to kiss the bride.

He leaned in and whispered into her ears. "Don't fall in love with me because I will never love you."

And with that, he lightly kissed her lips.