001

Don't Fall In Love With Me

Soojung flipped the magazine trying to hide the fact that she was actually looking at her husband-to-be, Mark Tuan. He was sitting in front of her staring into space like how he always does.

"Mark." Soojung called. 

But he didn't reply. He didn't even notice that she called him.

"The brides maid and groomsman are ready." The worker interrupted as she was just about to call him again.

Soojung looked over and saw Mark's friends and hers all dressed up in their attire for the wedding that was just a few days away.

"It's perfect." She smiled.

"The bride and groom, are you guys ready to try on yours now?"

She nodded and followed the worker. She looked behind and saw Mark was still sitting at the same spot he was when he first entered the shop. His friends nudged him. His friends pointed towards Soojung and Mark unwillingly followed after.

Mark and Soojung entered to different dressing rooms and was helped by other workers putting their outfit on. Soojung looked in the mirror and couldn't believe she was getting married in a few days with Mark whom she loved the moment she laid her eyes on.

Soojung exactly knew what Mark was going through. She knew why he was alway quiet and staring into space. 

He was still in love with his ex-girlfriend.

Though this marriage happened through their parents friendship, Soojung was willing to marry him. She loved him and believed that she would be able to make him love her.

"Soojung." Someone called outside from the dressing room. 

The workers opened the door and it was Mark. 

Soojung smiled as soon as she saw him looking for her.

Mark stared at her up and down then back to her face. "Lets go." He said, as he walked away.

But her smile fell as soon as he left.

"I want to take off the dress." She said to the workers.

"But aren't you going to go out? Everyone is waiting to see you." They said.

She tried to hold back her tears. "Just help me it."

They all nodded and did what they were told. Without a word, she grabbed her belongings and left the bridal store through the back door. She took the taxi and left to go where no one can find her.

She took off her shoes and stepped onto the warm sand. She looked out to the vast ocean and wondered why Mark even agreed to marry her even though he still loves his ex-gifriend.

Her phone have rang for the 20th time and one of them weren't from Mark. "Stupid! You heartless bastard." She hissed at her phone.

At this moment she just wanted to throw her wedding ring to the ocean. *What is your heart made of?*

 

Mark came home and laid lifelessly on the couch. He couldn't stop missing his ex-girlfriend, Hayoung. She was his everything. She was his breath, soul, and heart.

He grabbed the picture frame of her that was sitting on the coffee table and hugged it. "Hayoung, am I doing the right thing by marrying her?"