Chapter 5

Can You Keep A Secret?

"Well, shall we go?" Chanyeol adjusted his thick coat, already prepared to leave his office when Baekhyun looked at Jongin.

He had a brief history with Jongin. It started in college, when he was a Sophomore, and Jongin was a freshman - that boy looked like a Senior even back then. He didn't remember spending much time with Jongin, unless it was in bed. It was those college years where alcohol fills your blood and drive was higher than most people that were on constant weed. Baekhyun also had his reckless youth, but he had left it all behind when he graduated and was driven out of his home by his parents.

But Chanyeol didn't know that.
He's not realy sure what Chanyeol knows though.
But he's sure Chanyeol knows that he was involved with Jongin somehow. Fancy that. Meeting your ex-boyfriend / person who de-flowered you / buddy infront of your boss.
This would be the most epic 'that awkward moment' if that trend ever gave out an award. 

Looking at Jongin now, looking all professional with a standard black suit and ash blonde hair, he wondered how the boy who used to follow him around classes (and have quickies in the toilet cubicles) grew up so fast. Jongin looked more handsome than before, with broad shoulders and a lean body he could tell from the fitted suit. He stood firm and tall and looked formidable with his height being just little less than the tower that is Chanyeol.

"Nice to meet you again, Baekhyun. You look good." Jongin smiled that smile that got him into Baekyun's pants in the first place. Baekhyun blushed. It was nice getting complimented by an ex-boyfriend (were they even together? All he remembered was .)

"Well, it's such a heart-warming little reunion, but Jongin, I'm really going to be late." Chanyeol interrupted. Does his boss ever know when to keep quiet and maybe shut up? Baekhyun rolled his eyes and gathered his things. He had best be starting working on the project soon. The faster it's done, the faster he'll be able to get out of Chanyeol's hair and end this embarassment.

Baekhyun followed behind two towers with extremely long legs that made it hard for him to keep up. How does one person walk so fast? Can't they take smaller steps?

I hope he takes longer strides and tears his pants. No, he didn't just think that of his boss. His mind was a dark place to be in. 

The 3 of them got into the lift awkwardly, with Baekhyun cornering himself and hoping he'd just disappear - stuck in between his first boyfriend and his boss who knows about them. He just hopes Chanyeol shuts up.

"So, Kai, you went to school with our Baekhyun?" Wishes do not come true.
"Oh yeah. Yes, I did! I was a year younger than him. But Baekhyun thought I was older." and the 2 proceeded to share a good chuckle. Baekhyun just stared at the corner of the lift. Since when were they best friends?
"You must be really good friends, huh? Since you guys went through college together?" Chanyeol inquired. Baekhyun gave him a good hard stare.
Chanyeol was up to no good.
"Yeah, we hung out a lot. We were even together at some point!" Jongin smiled. No matter how old and mature he looks, Baekhyun always forgets that Jongin was the most innocent thing next to a 3-year-old child.

"Oh really? That's an interesting story." Nothing like that old creep, Park Chanyeol.
"My driver and employee were ex-lovers, what a small world!" Chanyeol laughed and Jongin followed. Baekhyun wanted to die. This was the longest lift ride he has ever been on.

 

 

 

 

 

 

"I wanted to ask you how the meeting went, but looking at your face, I don't need to." Jongdae lazily twirled a pen around his fingers with leaning back into his chair. Why can't this lazy have his problem instead? He was sure Jongdae had enough skins to handle this humiliation.

Baekhyun just threw his notepad and project file onto his desk, with was opposite Jongdae's. He pushed everything on his desk to the side and slumped down on his desk.

"I'm listening, when you're ready to talk." Baekhyun looked at Jongdae. "Byun, you look like you're going to cry. Don't do that here."
"I met Jongin! Jongin, Jongdae. JONGIN!' Jongdae tilted his head to the side. "Jongin?" HIs eyes widened in recognition.
"Oh! You showed his picture before!"
"No, you went through my stuff and saw his picture." Baekhyun interjected. But as usual, he was ignored.
"Yes, I remember him." Then he frowned. "What's Jongin doing here? Last I heard, he went into racing."
Now it was Baekhyun's turn to be confused. How does this guy know more about his ex-boyfriend than he does? Jongdae shrugged.
"Someone told me." Baekhyun just didn't have the strength to probe into the source of Jongdae's information.
"He's here as Chanyeol's driver."

Jongdae grinned. "Woah! Since when did we get into first name basis? Byun?"
"Kim Jongdae, are you actually still laughing at me? Chanyeol knows about Jongin!"
"Who doesn't?"
"Is your job in here to tease me?"
"No, I offer that service for free."
Baekhyun just sighed. He was depressed beyond measure.

It's like going back to the days when he was still in Middle School and his mom suddenly dropped by at his school to drop him his overnight bag for his camping trip - and told him infront of a crowded corridor that she also packed in his favourite blanket, the one that he can't sleep without. He had to take the walk of shame through that corridor and after that, everytime he locked eyes with a kid, he could feel the kid laughing at him - it was utterly embarassing to the point that he considered changing schools - obviously his mom opposed to that idea. He thought growing up could let him handle embarassment better - now he understands the term, 'dying from embarassment.'

"If you're so depressed about it, why not find out his secrets in return?" Jongdae commented while fiddling through his emails and on an ice pop. He just makes every problem seem so insignificant. And Baekhyun hates that about him.

"How do I find out his secrets? I had to bribe his secretary to find out his full name and title."
"Bribe his secretary again."
"With what? I used the panda guy's number for this."
"Promise him a date."
"How?"

Jongdae tapped his temple. Baekhyun rolled his eyes.

This will never work.

 

 

 

 

"This will never work." Baekhyun repeated out loud. "How do you know?"
Baekhyun was very sure this plan wouldn't work. He also thought so 2 days ago, when he lamented his problems to Jongdae.
So, what was he doing here, outside Chanyeol's office, when he wasn't around?

"Jongdae, let's give up before we're embarassed by that brat." Baekhyun pulled on Jongdae's coat. He wasn't even sure why Jongdae planned to actualise his suggestion. It was a stupid suggestion to start with. Bribing the secretary? Come on, that was old school stuff.

"Hey look, he saw us." Baekhyun sighed. It seems like he's being doing that a whole lately. It was a good thing nobody else was on the same floor as Park Chanyeol's office.

"Hey, Oh." Jongdae waved. Baekhyun never knew how Jongdae so friendly with everyone in the whole company. Oh, look at that eye Sehun was shooting Jongdae, that what-the-hell-are-you-doing-here-oh-god-please-don't-let-me-catch-your-idiocracy-disease look he gives everyone.

"What business do you have here, midgets?" Baekhyun steamed under his breath, this kid just had insane genes with insane height, don't lose your cool, Baekhyun.

"Well, nothing. We just wanted to interrupt your selca time." People like Kim Jongdae and Oh Sehun were made for each other - only they can insult each other with every sentence in the coversation.

Baekhyun just looked down at the floor, He didn't know what to say. How was Baekhyun supposed to get a person that supposedly think he's annoying to get him to spill all his boss's secrets?

"So, what's Channie up to?" Well that was one method.

Sehun narrowed his eyes at them. Can this kid's eyes get any sharper? "What are you guys up to?"

Oh great, now Chanyeol's secretary think they're up to no good. "We want to know Chanyeol's secrets. Get to know our boss better. You know. corporate team-building all that load of bullcrap you admin people make us go for every month."

"Team building isn't digging up dirty laundry, little dwarf."
"Secretarial work doesn't involve taking selcas in your boss's room either, you who stink of diapers."

Baekhyun felt like he was watching an impromptu comedy, except the two men were literally at each other's throat. Well, Jongdae was more at Sehun's chest, but that wasn't the point. No matter what, he silently thanked whoever who controls the universe that Jongdae was at the war front - he hated to think how he'd get across to Sehun.

"I'm not telling you ." Sehun threatened.
"I have a truth potion."
"Yeah? I have a fire-Jongdae-immediately potion."
"Tao's waiting for you."

"He is?" Baekhyun asked. He turned to look at Jongdae. He did not know that. How?

"Where is he?" Sehun demanded from beside him. 

Jongdae shook his head cockily, folding his arms arrogantly. Baekhyun raised his eyebrows. Tao was the only thing that could make this brat move from his seat. 

"Everything has a price."
Sehun gritted his teeth.
"You are basically asking me to betray my boss for a potential date with a guy I may or may not like." Jongdae smiled.
Baekhyun decided long ago that Jongdae smiling creepily was never a good thing.
"Up to you, princess." 

 

Sehun sat down angrily in his seat. 
"Fine! Fine! Midget you win! One question only!" Sehun slapped his forehead hard. Ouch. That must have hurt.
"Well," Jongdae looked at Baekhyun for suggestions.
Baekhyun blurted out, "Where is he now?" Jongdae slapped his arm. OUCH! What? He really wanted to know where his boss had been for the past 2 days. He hasn't seen nor heard him enter the office. 

"He's meeting up with his ex-girlfriend, Dara."

 

 

 

 

 

Deng Deng Deng!
He has an ex-girlfriend?? 0.0
Yes, he does.
^^ Till next time!
XOXO