Chapter 2

Can You Keep A Secret?

How hard can it be to pack for a 2 day trip?

You would need ample amount of clothes, and don't forget the spares in case of emergencies. 
You need toiletries, and extra toothbrush, just in case. 
Maybe a pair of jeans and a white shirt if he had the luxury to walk around and do some shopping.
Oh right, shopping, you need extra cash and extra baggage, wouldn't wanna force yourself to buy a suitcase you don't like.

Baekhyun looked at his overflowing luggage. He didn't know how to pack light. 

"UGH!!!" He threw down the jeans he was holding onto his bed. It was 12am and he's been packing for 4 hours and he still hasn't finished the report he was supposed to take to their New York office. Did he mention he still hasn't slept?

". . ." 

"You know, if you called me at midnight to tell me something I would have been doing if you didn't call, I would just punch you in the face when you come back from New York."

", Jongdae, now's not the time for jokes! I need the report done!"

He could hear Jongdae yawning over the phone. This little couldn't have been sleeping yet though, the night was still young for Kim Jongdae. 

"What report?"

"The bloody monthly photo spread for our X-Fashion Walk!" Baekhyun thinks his neighbour could have heard it. 

"And I'm guessing it was on your table?" 

"Jongdae, I'm freaking dying over here. I'm packing my incredibly. tight. luggage." Baekyun couldn't take those jeans. If he did, his luggage would literally break. He had no other luggages.

"You owe me for this, Byun." 

"I need it in my email by 6a.m. tomor- no, today." 

"Whatever you say, sweetie."

"DON'T CALL ME SWEETIE!" His neighbour heard it, but not Jongdae.

That little , how dare he. But Baekhyun was at least grateful he could always rely on Jongdae to get things done properly if he ever need them. Now, if there was only some way he could fit his makeup kit inside his bursting luggage.


When Baekhyun told Jongdae he wanted his photospread in the email by 6a.m., he expected some screw-ups. Maybe too little pictures, too many pictures, pictures weren't organised. You know, the usual stuff one would to mock his best friend. 

But not just forgetting about the whole thing and going back to sleep and making him wait for his ing photospread until,
what time was it now?
7.30a.m!

He was ing late for the plane. He just hopes some lady some where wore too many jewellery and delay the boarding process. He was legit sprinting now. How much did he give the cab driver again? Ah, , he forgot the change. 

"Please let it still be open, please let it still be open, oh god, please, I swear I won't complain about Joonmyun and Yifan flirting again."

Baekhyun reached the gate with one woman still putting on her earrings. 

See. These things do happen.


Baekhyun has heard of this saying that went, 

Once bitten, Twice shy.

Baekhyun never gets shy. 

Probably the reason why he's running for the gate again, just after 2 days. But this time, he doesn't just need to be on time, he needs to be early, what was that word again? Oh yeah, punctual.

He dragged his briefcase that got heavy over the 2 days in New York due to the relentless search for Autumn Fashion his American colleagues made him do. Don't talk about shopping, he didn't even explore his hotel's bath tub. 

Where was that guy? This stupid MD of his better not be late, after Baekhyun himself pushed himself to run all the way to the airport lounge to search for him. 

Well, he could just ask the lady at the counter. 

Wait. What would he say? 

Do you see my MD called Mr. Park but I don't really know how he looks like, so if you could just point to me someone you think would go by the name, Chanyeol? 

He sighed. New York didn't like him. 

"We are now boarding. First Class flyers are invited to come up to the boarding gate now." 

. Where was his MD?

Okay, search for a guy that looks Korean. At least he knew that much about his MD.

He scanned the lounge. Blonde, pass. Brown, pass. Wait. what if his MD was a mixed?

"Will all First Class flyers come up to the boarding gate now?"

Damn it! This is the first time he was given a first class ticket and he couldn't even enjoy it.

After a few minuites of useless scanning, Baekhyun gave up. Well, screw the MD. He'll just tell Joonie his MD didn't bother showing up. No one at the New York office even bothered introducing him to the much coveted MD anyway, it wasn't his fault. 

"Thank you, Mr. Byun. We wish you a pleasant flight."

That MD could it. He will enjoy his experience in a first class seat, enjoying champagne. 

Baekhyun settled into his comfy seat with plush pillows at the side. Even the air smells different in here. It smelled of dollars and very expensive wallets. As he shifted his pillows to get into a more comfortable position, someone threw a laptop down on the seat beside him. 

'Who throws their laptops?'

Well, apparently very tall men with y sunglasses and a full black suit do. 

He looked extremely frustrated. Even with his shades on. He eyebrows were furrowed and he ruffled his dark hair angrily. He grumpily took off his long coat and threw it on to one of air stewardesses, who only look too happy to hold the clothing. 

Baekhyun didn't like grumpy guys. No matter how good they looked in black suits. No matter how good they looked taking off their ties. And no matter how handsome they looked without sun-

Okay, this guy was handsome. 

The guy smirked when he saw Baekhyun staring at him. 

He was snobbish, Baekhyun decided, and snorted. He was better off arranging his pillows instead. 


Baekhyun must have fallen asleep. Because he was woken up by very loud shouts and jerking.

Jerking? He was on a plane!

He immediately grabbed hold on his seat handles.

"All passengers please remain calm and stay seated." The intercom boomed with the pilot's shaky voice.

Baekhyun looked to his side. Mr. Handsome but very Snobbish was reading a book like it was a holiday in Italy. 

"What's happening?"

 Mr. Handsome but very Snobbish cocked an eyebrow. Okay, his name is officially Mr. Snobbish.

"You're Korean?"

Baekhyun frowned. He must have spoken in Korean out of haste.

"It's not important. Anyway, we seem to have a bad weather outside." So Mr. Snobbish was Korean too. 

The plane shook again. Baekhyun clutched his pillows tighter. He was terrified.

The plane jerked up violently. Baekhyun grabbed Mr. Snobbish's arm.

"I don't want to die now." Mr. Snobbish looked concerned. "You're not going to die now."

"I still have a lot of things to do. I still have a lot of things to say." Baekhyun felt a large hand patting his head. "You're going to be fine. You'll get to say all those things."

And suddenly, the plane was falling. 

Baekhyun mouth fell open. 

"I pretend to like blue, grey, black and other manly colours, yeah you name it, but I actually prefer pink more!"

"..What??"

"I lost my ity to a guy named Jongin, who is two years younger than me, in my best friend's party and we did it on his bed but I never told him!"

"What are you saying?"

"I don't think I've ever loved my ex, well, not that he's ugly or anything, it's just that he's weird and sometimes I wanna laugh in the middle of , I don't even know why!"

The plane dipped some more and all Baekhyun could hear were screams.

"Coffee in my office taste like dirt, I wonder why they don't change that old, rusty coffee maker for something cool like expresso machine or whatever, those old geezers have so much money anyway!"

"Geezers?"

"I have to confess! I'm the one who broke the photocopy machine in the office and I blamed Jongdae for it."

"Stop screaming!"

Baekhyun finally opened his eyes. 

"We ask all passengers to remain calmly in their seat. Our plane has just hit an air pocket and we'll soon be making the climb back up. Our flight will be delayed by 2 hours en route to Seoul, Incheon International Airport." 

His fingers were still tightly gripped on Mr. Snobbish's arm. 

"You're alive. Stop screaming." 

Baekhyun let go immediately. He looked at his surroundings to see people picking up their cups or other things that fell off during that very fast ride down. He hoped he wasn't the only one screaming. 

Wait. 

He looked beside him to see his seat partner go back to reading his book. 

He doesn't know the guy and the guy doesn't know him. The whole plane was also screaming so, he probably-

"I've never heard anyone use the word, "geezers" before."

May he never meet this y man ever in his life again.