Chapter 2

The Forgotten World
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

It’s a warm sunny day in the city of Seoul. The birds are chirping. The sound of the cars and people chatting along with their friends and family like at a usual sunny day.

“Snowie? Where are you? Come on, I want to walk at the park before flying to Canada” I called Snow who was somewhere at home probably playing at some corner.

Yesterday was a blast, I had a fun time we played, sang and the grownups got drank. It was a funny sight, never have I ever saw umma getting drunk or even aunt Jiwoo, they were amusing that me and the oppas had popcorns in our hands watching the drunk grownups.

Mom was the one-drink wonder, it’s like the calm before the storm. Surprisingly a glass of wine got her dunk as a potato. No wonder appa always give her alcohol-free drinks.  She talks about the her cat when she was a kid and how it was her hero then she gets talking about everything. It’s like as if she is a broken recorder that goes on and on and on about something

While aunt Jiwoo was the disappearing act. I mean it. One second she was behind umma the other second she is..gone. “where is aunt Jiji? She disappeared 10 minutes ago. I think she’s dead” I told T.O.P oppa who was enjoying the scene, we were basically sitting on the ground away from the drunks with soda, chips and popcorns in front of us.

Dad got drunk after his seventh glass. He was the ‘I love you’ guy. He basically declared his love for everyone to hear. His love for everyone in this room. His love for his bed. His love for his pen. His love for the box of tissues. You name it, he loved it.

While the most responsible of them all excluding appa is uncle Kwon. He had a glass or two but isn’t that much of a drunk. All he did was listening to my parents blabbing and then looking for Aunt Jiwoo then bringing her back to the room every time she escaped.

I left when they are still sleeping about 5am with a note plastered on each of their forhead. umma, appa, uncle Kwonnie and aunt Jiji loved my gifts which I was happy.

Bigbangs oppas loved the little cufflinks, even TOP oppa loved his toy cufflinks and said he is going to add it to his collection, no surprise in that, psshh that nerd. They also gave me the charms to my new charm bracelet. I can’t believe it, it was all from Tiffany & co. and they were hella expensive.

Even my parents gave me a small gift as well as uncle and auntie gave me charms as well. The charms are sooo pwetty~

Where is that snow of mine? “SNOWIE??? WHERE ARE YOU??” I went upstairs to my room to look for Snow and found him sleeping..that boy, seriously?

I sighed as my eyes darted to my table and found the box which contains the odd but somewhat appealing necklace that the kind halmonie gave me yesterday. I walk to over to the table and took the box between my hands then I pick up the necklace and lift it up and gaze at it for a while before wearing it.

The necklace began to shine bright and I had to close my eyes from the light. That was extremely bizarre and weird. I feel as if this necklace belonged to me. How do I feel that when it is the first time seeing this necklace? I shook my head trying to get rid of the foreign feeling.

 

{A/N: click on the pics to make it bigger..oh and this do not belong to me:)}

I better put this back although it looks extremely pretty with my outfit which was a creamy white knit sweater, denim shorts with suspenders and brown chunky heels.. what?! I am a bit short. I then clipped a small white bow on the right side of my hair then brushed my fingers through my hair with a sigh escaping my lips.

I want my necklace to stay here so I won’t lose it in later. My hands s to the back of my neck so I can get hold of the lock’s hook of the necklace. I tried opening it but it won’t budge “huh? why isn’t it unlocking? Omo, is this stuck?” I panicked.

I try to unhook it again but it just won’t work. “ARGGH! …. DAMN IT!” after 5 minutes of fighting with the strange hook I give up. Just like that.

I pick up Snow who woke up moments ago and my backbag as well as my trolley bag. It’s a wonderful day too bad I have to go to America. I walked to the park near my house, I am not going to drive to the airport, so I’ll get a taxi instead later because I want to go to the park.

The park isn’t full of people or kids for that matter, well who would go to the park at 6 am on a Saturday? No one. Maybe a few gardeners or people taking a daily morning stroll with their pets or even exercising.

I drag my travel bag as I walk. Wow, the park seems peaceful without the kids. Which means…that the swings are mine!  . This year has been quite a rollercoaster, with all the drama at school. I need to relax. I went to the swings and sat down while snow climbed the chain of the swing while I began to swing slowly.

“Snow, can you hear that?” I look at Snow who looked back at me with his big black eyes, “exactly, it’s quiet here. It’s calming” I speed it up a bit before slowing my pace then resting my head on the chain of the swing then I closed my eyes with a sigh escaping my mouth.

I hear a whine coming from Snow and I open an eye to see him looking at a blue glowing bird. Oh it’s just a glowing bird..WAIT, WHAT?! I look at the bird who Is chirping a certain melody, I whistle the same melody making the bird beam.

I blink once, twice, trice but the bird is still there with all its shining glory. “oh my lord, is this real?” I mumble and my hand reach for the odd glowing bird. As soon my hand touched the bird I retrieve my hand in shock.

The bird chirp again with the same melody. The bird fly around me signaling me to follow him, I grab Snow placing him in my shoulder as well as my shoulder bag and grab my bag and began to drag it with me.

“hey! Birdie wait for me!” I called the bird, but nothing. I tried once more but nothing. “hmmm..what if..right! the melody!” I whistle the same melody from earlier.

The glowing bird appeared from behind a tree and chirp again then it began to fly somewhere and I followed not far behind. In no time we are deep in the park where everything is strange unfamiliar. I look behind me only to find trees which was scattered everywhere.

Since when the park is this big? Why isn’t there any path to go back? I am lost aren’t i? I sighed and looked around me again.

“Snow, are we lost?” I got a whine in response.

“hey birdie? Why are we here?” I looked at the bird who just flew around me. That is when it happened.

The wind is starting to get a bit strong and the sky is getting darker than usual. In fact it should have been sunny today, I know I checked the weather broadcast. I knew it! They are always wrong. I crossed my arms trying to shield myself from the wind as it is starting to pick up, making the weather colder than what it was supposed to be; hot and breezy.

I quickly hide Snow into one of my pocket before the poor thing fly away. “stay here Snow! Don’t come out or else you’ll fly out!” I warned him.

“IT’S GETTING ROUGH! AHHHHH! IS THAT A TORNADO? A FREAKING TORNADO IN KOREA??? OH MY GOSH! I AM GOING TO DIE! PLEASE LORD, JESUS, YODA OR WHATEVER YOU ARE I WISH MY PARENTS WILL BE HAPPY AFTER MY DEATH AND THAT THERE ARE FRENCH FRIES AND FURBIES IN HEAVEN!! WAIT, I AM GOING TO HEAVEN, AREN’T I? I AM THE ONE WHO ATE OPPA’S CHIPS LAST NIGHT, I AM SORRY!...AHHHHHHH!” I screamed as the tornado is getting nearer by the minute. I clutched into my trolley bag and hide behind a tree, I know I am so smart, please note the sarcasm.

My necklace glowed and the last thing I remember is that the tornado came in a fast pace before I out.

 

♦♦♦

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter