KDANCE ACADEMY

Listen to Your Heart

"Hello?"

Mihyun stretched her neck and tried to peek into the kitchen.

"Is anyone there? I'm ready for the check..."

She saw two people in the kitchen.

The one facing his back to her was the waiter who took her order and the one facing her was the waiter who brought her the spaghetti. 

"Hyung. I already told you that I'm not interested in her in that way. Ok? So don't you try to set us up!"

Mihyun watched as waiter #1 stomped away.

Hm? I wonder who they are talking about...Oh well, it's none of my business anyways. 

Suddenly, a middle-aged  man interrupted her thoughts as he blocked her view of the kitchen.

"Excuse me miss, do you need something?"

"Oh um, yes. I'm ready for the check please."

"Ah, of course! Sorry about that, it's so hard to find good help these days...My son and his friend can be so forgetful sometimes!" 

"Oh? Your son works here? How nice~! Who is your son?" Mihyun asked.

The man grinned.

"The one with the owl eyes." 

"Owl...eyes?"

"Yes, haha, owl eyes. One moment please. Let me get you your check."

Did one of the waiters have owl-like eyes? What does he even mean by that?

The man came back and handed Mihyun the check. 

"Here you go miss~." 

"Thank you."

Mihyun paid for her food and got up to leave. 

"Thank you sir, I'll be going now."

"Ah, have a nice day miss! And you can call me Mr. Do, please come back soon!"

Mihyun bowed and smiled at him.

"Thank you. Bye Mr. Do! Have a nice day~!"

Mihyun turned and exited the restaurant. 

She looked at the dance studio and patted her stomach.

Ok, now that I got my food...I can go dance.


At the KDance Academy front desk, Mihyun quickly finished filling out her application.

The desk lady took her application and pointed to the right without looking up from her computer. 

"Ok, now just turn to the right and go upstairs. Your dance instructor should be in room A-1-4." 

"Thank you."

Mihyun bowed and excitedly ran up the stairs.

As she reached the second floor, she could hear music faintly blasting through the hallways. 

Mihyun started getting nervous as she walked closer to the designated room, and her heart started beating along with the music. 

This is it! I'm finally going to learn how to dance! Why am I so nervous? I hope my teacher won't be too mean and judgmental...What if no one can ever teach me how to dance?!

Mihyun reached room A14 and looked through the see-through glass that allows you to look inside the room.

Nice room...oh! That guy must be my dance teacher! What's this song that he's dancing to again?

Mihyun listened to the music intentively. 

Although she's outside of the room, the music was still loud enough for her to distinguish the song.

DBSK's Mirotic

She watched in awe as the guy in the room danced to the beat.

His moved were smooth and on-point. 

Wow is this my dance teacher! It's just like if I was watching a DBSK member dancing to Mirotic himself!

When the song ended, the guy wiped his sweat and walked over to his backpack.

I should probably go in and introduce myself...

Mihyun walked in the room and clapped. 

"Wow, teacher-nim! That was amazing~!"

The guy flinched and dropped his sweat towel.

"Whoa, OMO! You scared me! Where did you come from?"

"Huh? Didn't you see me through the glass?"

"Oh...really? I didn't notice...I guess I was too busy dancing hehe...I'm Lay by the way."

They shook hands.

Mihyun bowed.

"I'm Mihyun. It's nice to know that my dance teacher is very skilled and talented. Please look after me well!"

Lay scratched his head in confusion.

"Nice to meet you, Mihyun.  And oh why, thank you~. That's very nice of you to say- Wait...Oh?? What did you say? I'm not your dance teacher...your dance teacher is Kai! I was just using this room to practice. I didn't know that it's already past 4pm...He should have been done with his last group class a few minutes ago..."

Mihyun's shoulders drooped down in disappointment.

Aww...I really liked his dancing style. Why can't he be my teacher?

"...Kai?"

"Yes, let me take you to him! He must have lost track of time while teaching! Between you and me, the 4pm class students are kind of slow at learning...I don't blame them though, the song they're learning is pretty hard!"'

Lay opened the door for Mihyun and led her to another room down the hall. 

They both watched through the glass as Kai explained something to the students and started the music.

Rain's Rainism?!

 

*​I'm gonna be a bad boy

I'm gonna be a bad boy
I'm gonna be a bad bad boy*

 

Mihyun watched  as they hit their hands together and danced in sync. 

She then turned her focus on Kai's , her dance teacher, movements and was quite impressed. 

Wait... Is he wearing a face mask?? Wouldn't that make it hard for him to breathe while dancing?

"What do you think of your dance teacher?" Lay asks. 

"He's pretty good! I like how he puts his own flair to the choreography...but um, why is he wearing a face mask? Is he sick? Does he have allergies?"

"Huh? Oh no! You see, my friend is very passionate and serious when it comes to dancing..."

Lay looked up at the ceiling as if he was having a flashback.

Wondering what he's looking at, Mihyun looked up too.

"In the past, there were many female students who only joined the Dance Academy just because they thought that Kai was very handsome. He didn't like their reason for joining; Kai thought that they were a waste of time. He told me that he would only teach students who were hard-working and passionate about dancing...so in the end, he hid his handsome looks behind a face mask."

Mihyun nodded in understanding. 

"I see..."

"Yes, but sadly it seems like my friend has lost his touch...He used to be very happy when dancing or when teaching his students...but now he's just dancing to the same old songs... and teaching has become just an everyday task for him."

Mihyun turned back to the glass as the song ended and watched as the students start packing their stuff.

"That's very sad to hear..." she said while watching one student plop down on the floor in exhaustion. 

"Kai is no longer dancing with his heart...he needs a new muse...someone like you." Lay said to himself as he looked at Mihyun. 

Mihyun was too distracted to hear what Lay said or to notice that someone had walked out of the room.

Can he still teach someone who is new to dancing like this? Maybe I should ask Lay to be my dance teacher...

"Well, to be honest...I think you're better at dancing than him." Mihyun said while slowly turning to Lay.

"Who's better at dancing than me?"

Mihyun freezed and stopped turning her head.

That's not Lay's voice...Please tell me no...it cannot be...

Mihyun squeezed her eyes shut and turned to where Lay was standing.

Mihyun slowly opened her eyes and saw...

Kai.

Shoot. Why does this always happen to me?

"Hello? I asked you a question. Who's better at dancing than me?"

Lay? Lay? Where did he go? I need him right now...

Mihyun frantically looked around trying to find Lay for help, but he was nowhere to be seen.

She took a few steps back as Kai started getting closer and her back hit the wall.

He put his arm on the wall trapping Mihyun and looked into her eyes closely.

Mihyun gulped and looked away.

Is this the end of her dancing career that didn't even start yet? 


Author's Note: I'll try to update before this month ends! College applications are due soon so I'll be more busy than usual! Thank you for being so patient ^^ 

PS:Chanyeol's birthday is coming up soon! I'm going to try to write a chapter based on his birthday!