I Got Your Back

Listen to Your Heart

Brringg!!

After three hours of non-stop lectures, the lunch bell finally rang.


The students quickly packed up their books and rushed out of the room, leaving only Mihyun and Mr. Kim in the classroom.

Mihyun continued to slowly pack her books and looked around the classroom. Whoa, where did everyone go? Jeez..What's the rush? Are they that hungry or something?

Meanwhile in the hall, Chanyeol suddenly stopped his tracks and ran back to the classroom. 

When he reached the door, he poked his head in the room and looked at Mihyun. "Hey Mihyun?" 

Mihyun finished packing her stuff and looked up. "Oh, hey Chanyeol!" Mihyun said while smiling. 

"Do you know where the cafeteria is? I can take you there if you want."

"Yeah, I passed by it three times this morning... And no, it's okay. I'm going to go find my locker first. I need to put some stuff away." Mihyun replied. 

"Oh, do you need help finding it?"

"No, it's fine. I think I can manage. Just go ahead to lunch without me." 

"Are you sure?" Chanyeol asked.

"Yes, I'm sure."

"Are you sure that you're sure?"

"Yes, I am sure that I'm sure." Mihyun said getting a bit annoyed.

"Are you for sure that you're sure for sure??"

Mihyun walked to where Chanyeol was standing and lightly pushed him out of the room. She laughed and says "Yes, desk buddy! I am sure so go to lunch now~."

Chanyeol turned to Mihyun and chuckled. "Well okay, if you're sure...I guess I'll see you later desk buddy!" Chanyeol said while waving goodbye. 

When Chanyeol disappeared into the halls, Mihyun went back to her desk to retrieve her locker combination paper. 

Before she could walk out of the classroom, Mr. Kim stopped her.

"Wait, Mihyun. Can I talk to you for a second?" 

"Yes Mr. Kim?" 


"I just want to let you know that I am here for you. I know how hard it is to fit in, so if you need anything at all...Just call my name and I'll be there." Mr.Kim said with a serious face. 

"Yeh...Mr. Kim. Thank you..."

"Ok, you can leave now. I have some lessons to prepare for."

Mihyun quickly bowed and shuffled out of the classroom in a hurry. 

What was that all about? Did he think that I was a shy quiet girl because of my introduction? Was he bullied when he was a student? Do people often bully new students in this school??

Mihyun shaked her head. "Nah, Mr.Kim is probably just a nice teacher who looks out for others."

Mr.Kim watched as Mihyun shruged her shoulders and continued walking towards the locker hallway.

Mr. Kim smiled and lets out a laugh.

"I see that Mihyun talks to herself too...just like SHE did. They are quite similar in many ways..." Mr. Kim said to himself.


"441...441...Locker 441...where are you?" Mihyun said in frustration.

Mihyun sighed. This is just a repeat of this morning! I should have taken Chanyeol's offer...

Suddenly she felt a tap on her shoulder and heard an unfamilar voice.

"Are you Mihyun?" 

"Yes..." Mihyun turned around and a big smile greeted her.

"Hi! I'm Kim Jongdae, but everyone calls me Chen. Do you need help finding your locker? You seem a bit lost."

"Actually, yes I do. Do you mind helping me find it?" Mihyun asked.

"Yes, of course! Why do you think I asked? Here, let me see your paper."

Mihyun handed Chen the paper and he read the locker number out loud.

"Oh? Locker 441? It's this way! Just follow me!" 

Mihyun smiled and started walking besides Chen. 


After 10 minutes of walking and u-turns, Mihyun tapped Chen's shoulder.

"Are you sure you know where it is? We've been walking through this hall for like ten minutes!"

"Yes, of course! Just a few more steps..."

Chen then walked to the spot where they started and turned to the right.

"Here it is!" Chen said with a smile.

"What?? My locker was here the whole time? Why did we walk around the hallway when my locker was here all along?"

Chen shaked his finger and lightly tapped Mihyun's nose. "It's because that's no fun~. Anyways, I at least your locker is right across your desk buddy's locker."  

Mihyun dialed her locker combination and put her notebooks away. "Really? That's nice, I guess that-"

She suddenly stopped talking and turned to Chen.

"Wait what? Desk buddy? You know Chanyeol?" She said eyeing Chen suspiciously. 

Chen bit his lip nervously and turned away from Mihyun. "Oh...Um..." Shoot. Why did I have to say that?

Chen sighed and looked at Mihyun. "Chanyeol was worried that you wouldn't be able to find your locker, so he sent me to find you." 

"Oh...Hm...I guess I was wrong to think that you were a sweet guy who helps people like me. You were only doing your friend a favor..." Mihyun joked.

Chen's eyes widened and loudly said "Hey! I am a nice guy! If I saw you before he told me to help you, I would have helped you anyways!"

Mihyun laughed and poked Chen's nose. "I was just kidding~. I'm sure that you're a nice guy. I pretty sure Chanyeol wouldn't ask a mean rude guy to help me out. Oh, tell him I said thank you."

Chen smiled and poked Mihyun's nose. "First of all, poking people's nose is my thing. And second of all, don't try to troll the troll master. Lastly, where is MY thank you?? I'm the one who helped your locker!"

"Haha, fine. Thank you Kim Jongdae~ And what? The troll master?" Mihyun said while laughing.

"Yes! Why do you think I made us walk around this hallway for ten minutes? It's cause' I'm the troll master! Anyways, we better get to the cafeteria if we want to get something to eat. We only have 15 minutes of lunch left."

Mihyun nodded in agreement. "Yeah, I'm starving!"

"Ok, let me you there like the gentleman I am~. Unlike Chanyeol who told me to leave silently like 'a ninja' after I helped you find your locker." Chen shakes his head. "That guy watches way too many action movies."

They both laughed and continued to joke around as they walked toward the cafeteria.


Author's Note:
 I hope that this chapter was okay! Surprise~ Mr. Kim is Kim Soohyun! You're probably wondering why he said those things...You'll find out in the future!! And you guys probably won't care, but I came up with Mihyun's locker number by using EXO's alphabet number. 

E=5 (5th letter) X=15 O=24

The total is 44 and I added a 1 to make it longer. It's also because "EXO we are ONE". LOL.

Thank you for those of you who subscribed to my story~ It means a lot to me ^^ And of course to those who read my stories! My writing is not very good compared to others, and I'm grateful for those who are still willing to read mine.