The Wall

Listen to Your Heart

"Aw man, we're too late!" Chen shouted in frustration as they reached the cafeteria.

Mihyun gasped.

Even though there was only 10 minutes of lunch left, the lunch line was very long.

So this was why everyone was in hurry to get to lunch...

"Chen, what do we do?" Mihyun turned to face Chen, only to find that he was no longer by her side. Where did he go?? 

She scanned the cafeteria and spotted him grabbing a tray and getting in the lunch line.

"Tsk, some nice guy you are. What happened to ladies first?" Mihyun joked as she ran to join him.

 

After placing a bowl of rice and a plate of mystery meat on her tray, Mihyun looked for a place to sit. 

The cafeteria was very crowded, so Mihyun had to stand on her toes to see the lunch tables. 

She spotted the tall giant Chanyeol at a distance and started to make her way over to his table. 

Maybe I should sit next to my desk buddy and get to know him more...

Once Mihyun got a better look at the table, she stopped walking. 

The entire table was already full. 

Chanyeol was busy laughing and talking with Chen and his friends.

I guess maybe some other time...

Mihyun frowned in disappointment and looked around the room again, hoping to find Baekhyun.

She looked at her watch and looked at the crowded room filled with students.

Aish, it would take forever for me to find him! I'll just look for a place to sit outside...

Mihyun walked out of the cafeteria carrying her tray, and walked pass the school garden. 

She reached a secluded place at the back of the school and found a brick wall. 

Hmm. I guess I'll just sit here? Since there's nobody around, I'll be able to get some peace and quiet.

Mihyun plopped down on the floor in front of the wall and picked up a spoonful of rice. 

​Just as she was about to take a bite of her rice, the lunch bell rang.

Brring!!

Shocked by the loud bell, Mihyun dropped her spoon.

"Jinja?? Really? I didn't even get to eat yet!" 

She picked up her tray with a huff and headed towards the nearest trash can. 

As Mihyun was about to dump her food, she looked at her full bowl of rice and full plate of meat.

This is such a waste of food...There are many people in the world who are starving, and even suspicious meat like this shouldn't be wasted.

 Suddenly, Mihyun heard a dog bark. 

Ruff!

Mihyun turned her head in the direction of the bark and saw a small figure beyond the fence that barricaded the school.

Curious, she took her tray and headed toward the fence for a closer look.

 

"Omo, it's a puppy~! Kyeopta! How cute!" Mihyun gushed.

She set down her tray on the floor and put her arm through the fence.

Mihyun then bent down to pet the puppy.

"Are you lost? Where's your owner little guy~?"  Mihyun said.

The puppy barked happily and began to sniff Mihyun's lunch.

"Oh? Are you hungry?"

Mihyun briefly looked around to see if anyone was around and pushed her tray under the fence.

"Shh...Here you can have my food. I wish I could stay, but I have to get to class! Bye for now~"

As the puppy gobbled down her lunch, Mihyun petted its head once more and got up to leave. 

She heard a thud and looked around to see where the noise came from.

Is there somebody there? 

Mihyun looked around once more and shrugged it off. 

It's probably nothing. I better get to class.

She walked back pass the school garden and started walking through the hallway.

Mihyun noticed the bulletin hung up on the wall and stopped to look at the flyers.

Two flyers in particular caught her eye.

"Help Wanted in Seoul's Animal Shelter...Free Dance Lessons at KDance Academy...?" 

I'll check out the Dance Academy after school, I've always wanted to learn how to dance. 

Mihyun ripped the flyer from the bulletin and folded it in half.

Brring!!

The five minute warning bell rang, reminding Mihyun to get to class.

"Oh no! I'm going to be late!" 

Mihyun put the flyer in her pocket and made a dash toward her classroom.


About 15 minutes ago...

After getting his lunch, Baekhyun sneaked out of the cafeteria and headed toward his usual "secret" spot behind the wall.

He put his backpack on the floor and smacked his lips.

Finally!! I'm starving!

He took a bite of the meat and made a confused face.

What kind of meat is this? It's not beef, it doesn't tastes like pork, and it smells a bit weird...I like it!

Baekhyun smiledand continued scarffing down his lunch.

"Oh well! Food is food!" he said taking another bite.

A few minutes later, he heard footsteps approaching his secret hiding place.

Baekhyun freezed and stopped eating.

Oh no...Did they find me?? Did one of those crazy fangirls finally find my secret spot?! 

As the footsteps got closer, Baekhyun pulled his backpack to his side and leaned back toward the wall. 

His heart started beating rapidly as he silently gulped. 

Please don't see me. Please don't see me. 

The sound of footsteps stop and Baekhyun squeezed his eyes shut, holding his breath.

He heard the person sit down on the opposite side of the wall and let out a sigh.

Phew. I guess they didn't see me. 

Brring!!

Surprised by the bell, Baekhyun fell over to the side dropping his lunch tray onto the floor.

He sadly looked at the fallen two pieces of meat that he had left. 

Aww man. I didn't finish eating yet...

Baekhyun suddenly got startled by a female voice from behind the wall.

"Jinja?? Really? I didn't even get to eat yet!"

Hm? That voice sounds a bit familiar...

Baekhyun waited for the girl to walk away before cleaning up the mess he made. 

He gazed at the meat and picked it up. 

"3-second rule" Baekhyun whispered to himself. 

He dusted the dirt off the meat pieces and popped them right into his mouth. 

Baekhyun smiled in satisfaction and decided to take a peek to see who the girl is.

He scooted to the very end of the wall and slowly looked behind it. 

Baekhyun saw the girl by the trash can and squinted his eyes.

Turn around, girl! Let me see your face!

He watched her as she stood by the trash can, hovering her lunch tray over it. 

What is she doing? Is she going to throw it away or not? 

A dog suddenly barked, causing the girl to turn her head.

Mihyun? What was she doing eating alone here?

His eyes followed her as she walked toward the fence. 

Baekhyun smiled as he watched Mihyun playfully talk to the puppy.

I didn't know that Mihyun knows how to do aegyo! She must really like dogs.

He looked away for a moment and leaned back to the wall.

Baekhyun shook his head, in awe of her hidden cuteness. 

As Baekhyun took another peek, he saw Mihyun getting up. 

Oh shoot! She's coming! 

In a rush to hide behind the wall, Baekhyun fell backwards and hit his backpack. 

Thud.

He held his breath when he heard Mihyun's footsteps stop, and released it as she continued walking away.

So this is what the Running Man cast feels like when they play the Hide and Seek game...

Baekhyun sighed and slumped back down onto the floor, hitting his head in the process.

"Ouch!" Baekhyun said while rubbing the back of his head. 

He then smirked after an idea popped in his head. 

Hehe...I'm going to tease Mihyun about this later. 

Baekhyun then got up and threw away his trash.

He picked up his backpack, and waves at the dog. 

"Bye~!" 

Baekhyun smiled and started whistling a tune as he walked back to class.


 

Author's Note: Hey guys! Sorry if this chapter is a bit lame...Please forgive me. >< Here's a cute Baekhyun gif as an apology~ :P

The next one will be more interesting as Mihyun will meet another EXO member~ I was going to introduce another member in this chapter, but I had to delay it. This chapter came out to be a bit long for me to write.
I also put in Baekhyun's perspective in this chapter! How was it? ^^