Chapter 4

Glistened With Frost
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Ah .

 

" Jongdae, I - " I started to say.

" Is it a loan shark? "

" What? " I replied, blinking in confusion.

" Is that why you were pretending you weren't at home? "

" What n- " I tried to explain, but the knocks on the door grew louder and louder. Jongdae grabbed my arm tightly.

I stood there, thinking about what I should do.

I should probably open the door.

I wriggled out of Jongdae's grasp and headed towards the door. As I put my hand on the door knob, Jongdae grabbed my shoulder tightly. I turned back to look at him. He shook his head and on his face was an expression I could not read. I let go of the door knob.

" Jongdae, there is no loan shark. " I told him.

" I know, " he replied dryly.

I widened my eyes. What was with him? Even after years of knowing him, I realised that I knew almost nothing about him at all. Jongdae was nowhere near straightforward; the kind of person I thought he was. I stood there looking at him in bewilderment. Who was he?

" Do you like me? " I asked nervously.

Jongdae opened his mouth to speak. But when the shouting and knocking grew louder and louder, he closed his mouth and sighed.

" Argh, " I said out as I swung the door open in frustration.

The first thing I saw was Minseok's face. He was breathing heavily when he gazed at me, eyes red and hair messy. My expression softened. 

" You opened the door, " Jongdae and Minseok said simultaneously.

Even though the both of them spoke the same words, I could tell that there was a difference in tone and meaning. I didn't know who to look at. I didn't know who I felt more sorry for. 

I welcomed Minseok into my apartment. He kicked off his shoes hurriedly and stepped in, eyes landing on Jongdae.

I shut the door quietly and cleared my throat loudly to get their attention. The both of them looked at me as though they were expecting me to say something. Unfortunately, my mind was blank. I opened my mouth to speak, and then closed it again. I stared back at them, feeling very frustrated with myself.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter