Dongwoon

[Beast Scenario] When You’re Independent But They Want You To Depend On Them

"Well, I guess I could finish my literature essay later." You wondered. Admit it, you procrastinated a lot when it came to essays. You weren’t bad at them though, it just that you were lazy and always felt tired when you had to write them. You had all the facts and details in your head, organized and professional, except it comes out amateur on paper. You walk to the kitchen to see what you wanted to make for dinner. Whenever you made dinner you felt so proud of yourself because a few years ago you only knew how to make eggs and toast. Thank god you decided to take up those free cooking classes; you finally improved your cooking skills. "Hm, what should I make today? I should ask Dongwoon!" You snapped your fingers and turned towards the hallway. You looked down at the bedroom and saw the door half open. "Dongwoon! Can you come here please?" You called.

Dongwoon comes up right behind you and starts to open cabinets to help get out pans, a spatula and other kitchen tools. ”So what’s for dinner?” He looks at you as he smiles cutely.  ”Haha, how did you know?” You furrowed your squinted your eyes at him playfully. “It’s already dinner time pabo!” He laughed.”Ohhhhh… haha.. my bad.” You grinned at him. “Anyways, I don’t know what to make for dinner Dongwoon. That’s why I’m asking you.” You explained to him as you set down the spatula and pan. ”Hmmmm.. Let’s make something we never made before” He looked down at you leaning against the counter. ”You mean like a concoction?” You looked at him weirdly. “No, I mean something different!” he lightly pushed you. “Like a new dish from your cook book.” You laughed and took out your cook book as you gestured for a high five. ”Sounds like a plan.” Dongwoon raised his right arm up in the air and looked down at you “High five shorty!” He laughed waiting for your response.

Glaring at him you high five his chest instead. He lowered his arm and rubbed his chest “OW! That hurt _______! You’re so mean!” he turned away from you and pretended to cry. “Whatever Dongwoon, save it for Kikwang or Doojoon!” You laughed. “Dammit. I guess it only works on them.” He whispered to himself. “You know I can hear you!” You yelled playfully. “No you can’t!” He immaturely said.

-2 hours later-

Dongwoon and you are finally finished making dinner. “I present you, Galbi! (pork/beef ribs)” You put down his and your plate next to each other. “Wahhhh, I can’t believe we made this! It looks like it came right out of the book _______!”  He complimented the dish “Really!? You think so? It looks kind of dull to me but okay!” You smile sitting in front of your plate. “But, we have to see how well it tastes.” He picks up his fork and penetrates the steaming Galbi, slowly taking a bite of it. “How does it taste?” You look at him with worry and nervousness. Dongwoon makes an unpleasant face and looks at you “It tastes…really…” He swallows “Good!!!” “Dongwoon! What the hell!? Don’t joke like that! I thought you really didn’t like it..” you pout and look at your plate. “Ayyyy jagiya don’t be so sad, I was only joking. I’m sorry, uh? And we both made it remember.” You nodded forgiving him and began to eat your meal. Once you both were done you started the dishes. “You need help?” Dongwoon asked “No, thanks.” You replied as you scrubbed a plate with a sponge. “Please, let me help _______ ” He pleads with a pout. “It’s alright, I done this before Dongwoon. Don’t worry about it.” You start to put some cups in the cabinet above you but you couldn’t reach since you were too short. He silently laughs “Let me do this, you need help jagi. The cups almost fell right now, so stop being independent when you know you actually need my help. Well… you need my height more, honestly.” He grabs a plate out of your hand and washes it beside you. “Dongw-” You stop yourself from finishing your sentence and give in. “Fine, I’ll let you help Dongwoon. Just this once, okay?” You sternly tell him. “Sure _______  ” He smiled at you as he kissed your forehead continuing to clean the dishes with you. 

Later that night Dongwoon came and sat next to you in the living room. “Jagi, can I ask you something?” He shyly said. “Yeah, what is it Dongwoon?” He looked down at his legs then back up at your face. “Well, you see… I’ve noticed the hyungs telling each other stories about their girlfriends and how they’re all really independent and I’ve seen what they had to go through.. and I don’t want us to fight over something like that.” He confessed to you. You nod and scoot closer to him to cuddle. “Yah, Dongwoon, it’s okay for girls to be independent. Sometimes we would like to depend on our lover but we just think our significant other would start to feel like we’re becoming clingy or annoying to them.” “Ahhh I see.” He answered. “Don’t worry _______  you’re not annoying to me if you ever ask for help, okay?” He chuckled and hugged you closer to him. “Ne, Dongwoon.” you tell him happily.

______________________________________________________________________________

I don't know.. I just really enjoyed writing this one.. Good times.. good times haha