Kikwang

[Beast Scenario] When You’re Independent But They Want You To Depend On Them

"Jagi, are you home?" Kikwang sang walking into the house. He searched for you in the living room then looked in to the kitchen from the couch, placing his car keys on the small coffee table he walked over to sit down in the chair taking out his phone looking through his unread messages. "I’m out here in the backyard!" You called out. Kikwang went into the backyard and saw you connecting 2 rods one right after another. ”_________ what are you doing?" He asked examining the scene. "I’m setting up a tent Kikwang." You answered with a frustrated groan. "You’re building a tent? What for? Are we going on a camping trip!?" He excitedly laughed jumping up and down starting to plan fun events in his head like a 7 year old would. "No, not this time, I’m building it for the kids." You wiped a bead of sweat off your temple and stood up to stretch from crouching for 45 minutes. You walked over to the bench you had in the backyard ever since Kikwang wanted to have a big party for New Years 2 years ago. “Kids? What kids?" Kikwang stood there confused, “Do you mean your cousins kids or your friends?” “No not my cousins, Jikyung’s they’re coming over tomorrow night because Jikyung and Jaehyun have a date night and I volunteered to watch their kids.” You clarified. “Ohhh, ok then.” Kikwang sat on the bench next to you handing you your bottle of water. 

Opening your half full water bottle you deeply sighed then taking one big gulp of water since you didn’t want to down it in one go. “So _________ Do you need help with the tent? You look really drained, how about I take it from here, okay?” he walked over to the scattered rods of the tent and started to assemble part of it. You shot up from the bench and sat in front of him, “Ani, I got it, but thanks for offering. You already had practice and you need some rest, so just go back inside for now.” You shooed him. "Are you sure you don’t need any kind of help?" He asked once more. "Kikwang it’s okay, really, I can do this on my own." You replied sternly. "Okay then. Let me know if you do need anything." He stood back up and walked towards the glass sliding door. "Araso." you responded focusing on pulling the fabric over the barley completed structure. "Really, just ask, Okay?" He added as he closed the sliding door behind him. "Mhm." you were now unintentionally ignoring him, you were only concentrating on finishing the tent.

-15 minutes later-

"Are you kidding me?! Fine, I’ll just go back to the store then!" You got up off your and walked back into the house, stormed through the kitchen towards the living room where Kikwang was beginning to drift off into sleep from watching t.v. Kikwang opened his eyes slightly and saw you slipping on your shoes. He suddenly turned off the t.v and put his sneakers following you out to the car. “Where are you going jagi?” Rubbing his teary eyes as his vision cleared. "I’m going back to the store. I need to go and buy the other piece that wasn’t included! Why don’t they tell you this before you buy something like this!?“ You complained to him. “Uhhh, because you’re suppose to read the box?" Kikwang sarcastically answered. You turned and shot Kikwang a death glare for a few good seconds and mumbled “You’re lucky I don’t have one of those rods in my hand or you would have got wacked!!!" Getting in to the car you started the engine and adjusted the rearview mirror so you can get a better view, after all, Kikwang had to use your car at times to run errands. When you arrived at the store you went straight to an employee to tell him about your tent issue. He completely understood your problem and kindly tells you that the other part you need to buy will be discounted at 40%.

Pulling in to the drive way you get out of the car rushing to the side of the house to unlock the wooden gate. Kikwang somehow beats you to the gate and holds it open for you; you laugh and thank him as you both sit by the unfinished tent. “_________ It’s already 7:38, you’re tired and frustrated why don’t you finish it tomorrow? Let me do the rest of the work for you.” Kikwang slowly takes the bag from you and sets it down on the dining bench, he returns to sit next to you on the grass pulling you into his arms. You scoot up to his lap and leaned back on his shoulder. “Kikwang, why were you so fixed on helping me with the tent? You know I’m self-supporting… so what gives?” He exhaled quietly “I just wanted you to be more dependent on me. I know you can handle any type of matter on your own but; my main reason is I want to be included when there is help needed. I don’t want you to always rely on yourself, for once rely on me; your boyfriend.” You feel bittersweet, sweet as in relieved that you can ask him for help from now on and bitter because you don’t know if he’ll be there to help you for everything. You felt like a burden if you tried to ask him for help, but now that you heard what he had to say about it, you feel much better. You take Kikwang by the hand walking back in to the house making your way upstairs to the bedroom to get ready for bed, however you stop half way on the stairs to hug him “Thank you Kikwang.” you tenderly tell him “Anytime _________, anytime.”

_____________________________________________________________________________

Thank you for reading guys!!! *smiles*