Real and Magical

That Summer..

 

-----

 

After an hour,Sunny felt better. She's now smiling to us again but the trace of the dried mark of her tears still visible.

 

"Smile Nanay, smile Top, everything will be fine." Then Tita Tina and I burst into tears again.

 

How could she be positive when she knows the fact that she is dying? If only I have half of her strenght then maybe her last days would be memorable.

 

I leave them in her room and give them privacy to talk. I know that they need to be alone. Mother-daughter bonding.

 

After an hour or two, Tita went out her room with a swollen eyes.

 

 

"She wanted to walk to the shore with you." Tita said and smile weakly and I nod.

 

She's wearing a pink pyjamas and a shoal. But before we went out the door, I put my jacket around her shoulder. She needs it's warmth more than I do.

 

"Thank you." Sunny said and smile again.

"Top, Sunny be sure you two will be home for dinner. I'll be cooking adobo." Tita said and we both said 'okay'.

 

She took my jacket off her shoulders and put it on the sand

 

 

"Sit with me Top." And so I did. He put her head on my shoulder and breathe.

 

"Look at the moon. It's still smiling at us." Then she giggles.

 

"Top, will you miss me when I gone?"

 

"Of course. You're still here yet I'm already missing you." Then I cry. Bigbang will really bully me as a 'cry baby' when they'll see me crying. They may be say I'm gay. But hell I care. My love one is leaving me four days from now and that so effin!

 

"Hush, Top." She said and patted my back. "You shouldn't. You should not miss when I'm gone." Then I look at her, she's still, smiling.

 

"Because you'll be seeing me everynight. I'll be the moon, the smiling moon who will always remind you of me, of us. The smiling moon who'll remind you to always smile." She rested her head on my shoulder and sigh.

 

"I love you, Top. I'm glad I met you. Mahal kita." She said in a whisper tone.

 
 
  • "I love you too, Sunny. I'm more glad because we met. Saranghe. Gua Ai Di." Then I kiss her forehead and I heard her out a soft giggles. Then I smile. For the first time today, I let myself smile. A real one.

     

    "Sunny, let's go home. I guess the dinner is ready." Then I poke her.

    "Sunny? Sunny!!" Damn! She's not responding. I even shake her.

     

     

    Damn! She still have four days.. Don't tell me..

     

    I checked her heartbeat and her breathing but there is nothing.

     

     

    "SUNNY??! SUNNY!!!"

     

     

     

    I carry her home like we just got married.. Endlessly cying.

     

     

    "Sunny? ANAK~~" Then Tita Tina hugged her. And so the neighbors went out their houses and cry with us. Then even the heaven is mourning with us, the rain starts to pour.

     
     
  •  

     

     

     

     

     

    ¤¤¤

     

    |WELCOME TO PALAWAN|

     

    I read the greeting on the wall as I went outside the airport.

     

    *Breathe

     

     

    It's been awhile Philippines.

     

     

    After a three knocks an beautiful lady with an eyeglass's open the house door. The house which one time.. Became my home.

     

     

    "To-Top?" She suprisingly said. She still remembers me.

     

    "Hi Tita Tina." I greeted her and give her a warm hug.

     

    "You really now a grown up. A man." She smiled. "Come in."

     

    I roam my eyes around their house. Everything is still at it's place. Nothing's changed. Just the fact that she's gone.

     

    "I hope this orange juice is fine." Tita Tina put the glass of an orange juice on the table.

     

    "Of course, Tita." I laugh and drink it. "It's refreshing."

     

    "How's life?" She asked.

     

     

     

    I told her everything that had happened to my life after she left us. I went back to Korea. Half-alive. It's like I'm a new born baby when I arrived there. So lost, so ignorant. So helpless. I don't talk to anybody. Even my parents and even to my gangmates. I don't eat always. I wanted to die.

  •  

     

    I'm just on the edge of my bed. Crying non stop. Crying day and night.

     

     

    Until one night. When my world is so domed and think to end my life. I went to my window to jump.. But the moonlight caught my attention.

     

     

    And the moon is smiling at me.

     

     

    And I remembered what she had said, that the smiling moon is she.

     

     

    I cried myself to sleep that night and on the next day, I start it with a smile. I talk to my parents, toBigbang and I go back to school.

     

     

    I quit on joining any gangfights, and so does my friends. Bigbang now is not a gang anymore but a charity who help those needed. And I study well and graduated with flying colors.

     

    "So, I'll be calling you 'Doctor Top' now?" Tita Tina said and laugh. Yes. I'm a doctor now. I'm already two years in this business since I got my licensed.

     
     
  • "I want to be called Top, Tita. Just Top." And we laugh.

     

    "So you are here for a vacation? You can stay here anytime you want."

     

    "Let's say yes. But actually I am here for a medical mission. And I will surely grab that offer." Then we both laugh again. "I'm here to help people who have leukemia."

     

     

    With that, Tita's tears falls again. I know she miss Maro so much. We miss her a lot.

     

     

    "I don't want anotherSunny and Top, who didn't end up happilly. If we didnt't made it, atleast other people will."

     

    "I know, she's proud of you." Tita said and smiled.

     

     

    Sunny, wherever you are, I know that you can see us, you can see me. I still love you until now. You're still my inspiration. Thank you for changing my life. Thank you for coming into my life. And thank you for the love that wasn't long but real and magical.

     

    -----

    Author's Note: Another sad-love-story? Nope. It's another-REAL-LOVE-story. Not every love story ends up happilly. We all know that. I'm sorry if you don't like how I see things the way you see it. I'm just saying that we can believe to those fairytales but just not too much. THANK YOU FOR READING AND SUPPORTING "That Summer" Even though you don't like it's ending. Kekeke~ God bless us all!