Damn

That Summer..
  •  

    ------

     

     

    "SUNNY!!" Tita Tina screamed as Sunny fell on the floor.

     

     

    I ran to them and Tita started to panic.

     

     

    "Top, please get the pink pouch on the top of her cabinet, please?"

     

    "Sure, Tita." I ran fast again and get it and give it to Tita immediately.

     

    "There's no more medicine? Oh My!" And with that, Tita call some of their neighbor and asked for help and we bring Sunny to the hospital.

     

    "Hush, Tita. She'll be fine." I said. I'm trying to calm here down because since we left their house she started crying.

     

    "I'm sacred, Top." She said and sobs.

     

    "She's sick, Top. Really sick. She has a leukemia. And anytime now, God might get her." And Tita breaks down again.

     

     

    After some time the doctor called us and we entered Sunny's room. She's sleeping. Tita talked to the doctor while I sit on bedside. I look at her. She's pretty when She's asleep but I'm sure as hell that She's pretty when I'm looking at her eyes and prettier when she's smiling.

  •  

     

    "Oh, I'm sorry if I woke you up."

     

    "No, it's okay." She smiled and roam her eyes. "Where are we?"

     

    "In the hospital."

     

    "Sunny, anak!" Tita hug her immediately when she saw that Maro is already awake.

     

     

    I left the room to give them privacy. I checked my phone, if I have messages or missed calls and there was. All was just regards, I wanna talk to my friends but I just don't have the feels.. All I'm thinking about now is she.. Sunny.

     

     

    It's been a week now since I arrived in Palawan. It's been also a week now since the first day that I saw Sunny and heard her voice and laugh. And I miss to hear it. And I don't like to miss her..

     

     

    And I know why.. I think I love her. No, I love her.

     

    That night, Sunny was released on the hospital and we went home.

    "Top, thank you." Tita Tina said when she went out Sunny's room.

    "How is she, Tita?"

    "She's.." Then her voice broke.. "Top, she only have six days to live." And tears started to stream on her face and then I feel my own tears flowing on my face also.

  • I just met her. We just knew each other for a week. I just realize that I love her.. And now, I have know that she only have a six days of life?

     

     

    Damn it!

     

     

    That night. I didn't fall asleep. I went to her room and watch her sleep.

     

     

    "Top?"

     

    "Tita? Ah-- I'm sorry if--"

     

    "It's okay." Then Tita give me a sheepish smile.

     

     

    When she woke up. I greeted her 'good morning' then kissed her forehead. She was shocked and Tita just laugh with what I had done. We ate breakfast all together. She's fine now. I can tell. She's starting to talk non-stop again. That's my girl.

     

     

    Tita asked for a one week leave in her office to be with Maro for her last days.. Damn! I hate that fact!

     

     

    I went to the market.. I have to have that thing. I know I'll make her happy.

     

     

     

    "For your girlfriend sir?" The sales lady asked me.

     

    "Yes." Then I smiled.. Sunny..

     
     
  • My girlfriend? Sounds good. Sounds perfect. Oh how I wish.

     

     

    "Great! You're home!" Sunny gladly ran to me.

     

    "Can you walk me to the seashore? Nanay don't want me to walk alone." She said and pouts. Damn that lips!

     

    "Sure." I said and hold her hands. She just look at it and smiled.

     

    "Take care you both, okay? Be sure you'll be home after an hour for our dinner."

     

    "Okay!" We both said and laugh.

     

     

    She's humming while we're walking. I entertwined our hands. I thought she'll gonna get mad but she didn't. She smiled instead.

     

    "Look! The moon is already up. Haha! It's smiling at us, Top." She giggles and I smiled. I went to her back and put something to her neck.

     

    "Top.." She spoke my name, look at the thing on her neck, smile and cry.

     

    "Top!" She yells, cries, and hug me. "I like this. No, I love this. This is beautiful. Thank you." She said.

     

    "I like you. No, I love you. You are more beautiful. And thank you." I said.

     
     
  • "Tao.." She unhug me. Look at my eyes with a soft eyes..

     

    "All I had said is true."

     

    "But Top, I know you know my condition--"

     

    "I don't care Sunny. I love you."

     

    "Top.." She cries. "I love you too, Top." And with that I kiss her. Slow, soft and passionate.

     

     

    During dinner, we tell Tita Tina what's with us. She said she's happy with us. And we had a happy dinner.

     

     

    "Top, why are you not sleeping yet?" Tita Tina asked me.

     

    "I don't feel like sleeping Tita." I sighed.

     

    "Thank you, Top. Thank you for making my daughter happy." And then she cries.

     

    "Thank you also for letting me be her boyfriend Tita, even though you just met a week ago, even though we had a different--"

     

    "I know you're a nice guy, Top." She said and smiled ate me. "Goodnight. You better take a rest."

     

    "Thank you, Tita. Goodnight." Then I went to my room and fall asleep.

     

     

     

     

    Five more days.. Just five more days.

     

     

     

    -----