Chapter 5

Unexpected

A mini orchestra playing serene classical music. A white carpeted pathway clothed with rose petals. A union of orange and yellow in the sky with the sun kissing the horizon. It was beautiful. Everything was picturesque. Everything could have been perfect if it wasn’t lacking the most important thing.

 

Love.

 

Taeyeon sighed for the nth time that day as she waits for the arrival of her supposed bride at the end of the aisle. Once the orchestra changed their piece into the wedding march, Taeyeon knew there was no backing out. No running. She was getting married and that was it.

 

This is it, Taeyeon. You can do this.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

“Ah… Finally we’ve arrived.” Yuri stretched her body because of a tiring day. The group of friends decided to leave the hotel after the wedding reception, not least bit interested of the business talks their family was having.

“Omo! I’ve missed this house, unnie.” The youngest, Seohyun, added. They were now at the Kwon’s rest house in Jeju where they will spend the rest of their stay there.

“Yah! Me too! This is the first time in five years! Yeeeah!” Sunny excitedly said

“Hey Taeng! Look! Our seesaw is still outside! Waaah!” The kkab pointed at the seesaw standing just by the porch. The porch was just behind the living room separated by glass doors.

“Oh yeah. Good times.” Taeyeon smiled at her friends who seemed to be reminiscing. As they were going down memory lane, Tiffany entered the house with a ruckus.

“Hey guys, a little help?” The redhead said to her friends

“Omo, Fany-ah! I told you to just bring what’s necessary. Why do you have four bags here?” Sunny immediately went to her friend who was stuck by the door.

“These are all necessary bunny-yah! You know me. I always come prepared.” Tiffany eye-smiled at her friend who has carrying two of the bags now. Taeyeon can only roll her eyes.

Tiffany sprawled herself at the couch situated at the center at the villa. “Ugh. I’m exhausted!”

Three of the girls laughed at Tiffany while a certain blonde just snickered which wasn’t left unnoticed by the redhead.

“Cha guys! Since we’ve arrived here in our villa earlier than expected, how about celebrating a little by ourselves?” Yuri suggested to her friends with a knowing smile.

“Oooh! Sounds fun Yuri. Count me in!”

“As expected of SulKyu. Hahaha.” Tiffany retorted laughing

“Yah mushroom!”

“I’m just kidding. Me too. I need to unwind before going to bed.” The eyesmiling girl said

“Cool guys. I’ll just get the wine. How about you two?” Yuri looked at her friends who haven’t answered yet; Taeyeon and Seohyun.

“Pass unnie.”

“Oh come on, Seo! We’re celebrating here plus it’s just wine.” Sunny added trying to convince the maknae.

Seohyun looked at Taeyeon and sighed. “Okay. But only if Taeng unnie is joining too.”

“Yeaaah! Okay! I’ll get the wine now. I’ll also prepare a little snack.” Yuri skipped excitedly to the kitchen where the wines were.

“Hey hey hey! I never said I’ll join! I’m tired!” Taeyeon shouted at her friends defensively

“Oh you are! No buts!” Yuri audibly shouted from the kitchen.

Having no choice, she slouched herself at the couch with a headache creeping its way in her. A pout formed on her lips which caused a certain girl to laugh at the adorable sight.  

The four friends were now on the white leathered sofa waiting for their friend to arrive with the beverages and food.

“Cha. Yuri is taking long. I’ll go help her in the kitchen.” Sunny said to no one in particular.

 “Let me go with you.” Tiffany then followed Sunny

Tiffany and Sunny went to the kitchen to help their dark friend. “Yuree yah! We come in peace!” The redhead dorkily exclaimed

“Hey Yul, need help?” The shorter added

 “Hi guys. I’m kinda lost with these wines. I don’t know which to choose? My father’s cellar really expanded darn. Hehe.” Yuri rubbed the back of her neck because of embarrassment.

“Aigoo yah. Lucky for you, I’m here.” Sunny walked to where Yuri was and looked at the storage full of expensive liquor. She was rubbing her chin examining each and every bottle.

“Okay. Definitely 1996 Screaming Eagle Cabernet Sauvignon and 1999 Domaine de la Romanee Conti La Tache. I’d go for the 2000 Chateau Petrus Pomerol but I think uncle would kill us if he finds out we drank one of his most precious wine. Haha.” Sunny held the two bottles and put it on the kitchen counter.

“Wow bunny-yah! I didn’t know you were such an expert.” Tiffany lightly clapped her hands in awe

“Well yeah. I mean those wine tasting events my father made me attend to finally serve its purpose.”

“Great! I’ll just serve these drinks at the porch. I think it’ll be better if we celebrate out. The stars are beautiful tonight.” Yuri said. She got the bucket with ice to cool the drinks and also placed five wine glasses in a tray.

“And guys, do you mind if you prepared the snacks? I think we have chips here. Mrs. Kang also did groceries for us. Get what you want.” Yuri instructed the other two. “Sunny, take charge since it’s Fany’s first time here. I’ll go to the porch, okay?”

The two girls nodded at Yuri. They looked for the chips and found some in the cabinet. Sunny was putting the chips in a bowl when Tiffany discovered some strawberries in the fridge.

“Oh cool. They have strawberries! Yum!! Can we serve this bunny yah?! You think Yul will mind?” Tiffany asked her friend since she doesn’t want to be impolite in someone else’s house.

“Nah. It’s fine. That’s actually our food. She called the caretaker, Mrs. Kang, to do some grocery shopping for us. I told Yuri to have strawberries cause I know how much you love ‘em.”

“Yey! You’re the best Sunny!!” The happy girl got the fruit out of the fridge and sliced them in halves. Would be great if there’s melted chocolate too though.

“Here, take this too.” Sunny handed her a bar of chocolate as if reading her mind.

“Woooah! It’s like you read my mind!”

“I know how you think, you mushroom. Melt that now. Palli. So we can go already. I’m already done with the chips and dips.”

Tiffany hummed as Sunny gave her the pans to melt the sweet treat. The redhead was continuously stirring to not burn it while Sunny was at the counter checking her cellphone.

“Sunny…”

“Yes, Fany-yah?” Sunny put the device back in her pocket to give her attention to the one who called her. “What’s on your mind?”

“Do you think we can do it?”

“Do what? Melt the chocolate? Yes… It’s eas…”

“Not that pabo. I mean do you think Tae and I could get through this marriage?”

“Well yeah. Why not? Having doubts already?” Sunny asked

“Yes. A little. I think she hates me…” Tiffany dejectedly said to her friend as she transferred the melted chocolate in a small bowl.

“That’s absurd, Fany. How can you even say that?”

“Well, she treats me differently. I mean, it’s like I always have to be careful around her unlike Yuri or Seo whom I can be carefree with.” The girl explained

“One small mistake annoys her. No. Scratch that. It’s like everything I do annoys her. She doesn’t even look at me, let alone talk to me. What did I even do to her?” She ruffled her hair in slight frustration because that had been bothering her.

“Come on, Fany. That’s just Taeyeon being Taeyeon. She’s not the one who initiates anything. She takes time to get to know people before letting them in. It’s her wall.” Sunny appeased her friend. She held her friend’s hand to relax her a bit.

“That midget is sooo complicated!” Exasperation can be noted on the redhead’s voice.

“Hahaha. She is but once you know her better, you’ll see her in a different light. Promise.” The shorter of the two smiled

“I guess you’re right. Thanks, bunny. Maybe I’m just overthinking.”

“No problem. Cha! Let’s go now. I think they’re waiting for us.”

 

They went out to their friends at the porch with snacks they had prepared.

-------------------------------------------------

*pop*

“Wooooh! Congratulations to the newly-weds.” Yuri opened the wine excitedly whine standing. She filled each one of the glass and passed them to her friend.

“Okay! I would like to propose a toast to two of my friends who became one today.” She raised the glass and continued. “ Fany-yah, I only met you a couple months ago but I like you already. As a friend, that is.”

“You are a very happy girl that brightens up everybody’s day with ease. I hope through this union, you can be even brighter and happier.” She smiled to her friend who was intently listening. She received an eyesmile from her friend as a form of appreciation.

“And Taeyeon, my buddy, my best friend and practically my sister from another mister, I love you and I hope you know that. I only wish one thing for you and that is happiness. You deserve all the happiness in the world and I hope this experience will give it to you.”

“Cha! Before I cry here, cheers to the brides! Live a beautiful life together!” Yuri raised her glass higher and her friends also followed signaling for the start of their own mini party.

--------------------------------------------------------

The blinding rays of the sun woke a sleeping girl from dreamland. With her eyes closed, she was about to stretch her body when something or rather someone was hugging her waist tight preventing her form doing so.

Mwoya?

She opened her eyes to see what was going on.

Tiffany?

 

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A/N And magic! I updated! Hahaha. Omo! I'm sorry I've been on hiatus for God knows how long but med school is killing me! Ugh! Stress! Hahahaha! And I apologize for this boring chapter also but please bear with me! I promise to make it better as time goes by. *bows*

Hope you enjoy reading! Comment your thoughts! :*