Chapter 4

Unexpected

CHAPTER 4

Ugh… The sun’s blinding. My head… it hurts so much. It feels like exploding… I gotta get up now and wash up. As I open my eyes, I noticed that this was not my bedroom. No sign of pink anywhere. Where am I? I looked at my phone from the side table and checked the time. Almost noon.

What happened last night? Oh right. We went to party but how did I end up here? Did I overdo partying again? But who took care of me? I doubt it’s the midget. Maybe it’s Sunny or Yuri? Ah, molla.

After tidying up, I went down to thank Sunny or Yuri. As I got down, I saw a person sleeping on the sofa. I didn’t get to see who it was because of the pillow blocking her face. I went near and got on my knees to get a better look.

“Taeyeon?!” I said maybe aloud because the sleeping figured stirred from her slumber. I finally remembered my doings last night. How I went to Taeyeon and caressed her cheeks trying to kiss her but I passed out before I got to do it.

Aish Tiffany, you pabo. You may have freaked her out.

”Mmmmm… quiet down.” She scrunched her nose and a pout appeared from her lips still with her eyes closed. I can’t believe that I found it adorable. She looks so peaceful in this state unlike the ones when she’s around me; annoyed and distant. We may have gotten off on the wrong foot but I wanted to be her friend. She never gave me a chance though, because she always ignores me when we’re with the gang. Our bickering due to my teasing would be our only interaction; if not there would be none at all. I sighed.

Tiffany stood up and contemplated on how to thank Taeyeon for tending to her last night. After a few minutes, she came up with cooking for the tired girl. She went to the kitchen to start before Taeyeon wakes up.

The red head went to the refrigerator to check what she can make that’s safe and simple. She herself is well aware that her cooking ability is limited. None-the-less, she’s determined to rid of her guilt by this thankful gesture she’s about to do.

Egg… Cheese… Tomato… Onion… where the only things there.

“I can make omelet with these things. Cha… Better get started. Fighting, Tiffany!”

She gathered the ingredients and chopped the necessities for the egg omelet. Having made this dish a few times before made her cooking run smoothly. The only set back was that she was unfamiliar where the utensils were. A little over 20 minutes had passed and she was all done.

Set up and decorating was the only thing left to do. Putting the omelet on the plate, she wrote with ketchup the letters “TY”. Feeling satisfied with her creation, she smiled at it for minutes until her phone rang bringing her back.

“Yeoboseyo? Ne. I’ll be there at 3pm. I’m sorry I’m late seonsaengnim. Ne. Thank you.” Tiffany said to the other line.

Aish, I wanted to apologize to Taeyeon and thank her but I forgot about my other plans.

Realizing that she can no longer stay any further, Tiffany just decided to leave a note for Taeyeon. She looked for a pen and paper and immediately found one at a desk nearby. She put the food on the table together with a neatly folded paper on it. With that done, she gathered her things and left the blonde’s house quietly.

Not long after, the figure on the sofa was starting to awaken. Stretching her body to fully relieve the ache due to an uncomfortable slumber. She sat up and rubbed her eyes before opening them.

“My back hurts. Argggh… Tiffany’s gonna get it from me.” Taeyeon sounded annoyed. She went to her room to check at Tiffany. After discovering that the red head had left without saying goodbye to her, irked her even more. Aish.

A grumble made its way at Taeyeon’s stomach so she went to the kitchen to look for something to eat. Sulking as she was scanning her fridge, a plate was left unnoticed.

“What can I eat? I didn’t have breakfast yet thanks to Tiffany keeping me up all night.” She gave up on looking for something to fill her stomach because there was none. She hasn’t done grocery for the last week. She settled on getting a glass of water for the mean time and just decided to eat out.

As she was about to leave the kitchen, a paper caught her attention at the table. Curiosity got the best of her so she walked towards that direction. She saw an omelet with the letters “TY’ to it written with ketchup. Taeyeon unfolded the paper and figured it was a letter from Tiffany addressing to her.

Good morning Taeyeon, I’m sorry about last night. I know I can be a bother when I’m drunk but I’m grateful you took care of me and didn’t leave me. Plus, you changed my clothes too.” After reading the last part, Taeyeon can feel the blood rushing towards her cheeks. She remembered the struggle she went through just to change the girl’s dirty and smelly clothes. She futhered on reading the note.

Thank you for not letting me sleep in that smelly outfit and for letting me use your bed. I’m feeling awful because you slept on the couch instead. I’m really really sorry.”

“Yeah, You should feel sorry cause my back hurts real bad.” Taeyeon said as she was reading. “To at least show my gratitude, I made you omelet. I’m not the greatest chef so don’t expect much. It’s made with sincerity though so it should taste okay, right? Hope you like it. P.S. I’m sorry I left without a goodbye but I didn’t want to wake you up and I was super late on a meeting. Thank you again for taking care of me. Don’t die because of my omelet. Hehe. --- Tiffany Hwang”

Taeyeon didn’t notice the smile that crept up in her face after. At least the girl appreciated the hardships she went through because of her. And although the omelet tasted a little bland, she deliciously ate it which satisfied her grumbling stomach more than any expensive dish could.

 

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Two weeks had passed and the two people bestowed didn’t see each other; the reasons that both of them were busy with their school work and other things. Because graduation was fast approaching, requirements needed to be submitted eating up their time to be with friends. Not only that, but the two were also aware that their wedding would be in a few days but none seems to care. Their fathers hired the best organizers for this nuptial because Tiffany nor Taeyeon would participate in the preparation. They would only show if there was fitting.

Taeyeon was busily typing on her laptop about a business proposal due tomorrow when her doorbell rang.

Ding dong ding dong

She grumpily stood up and check for the person who just destroyed her focus. She looked through the hole and saw Yuri. Jinjja.

“What do you need, Kkab?” Taeyeon greeted as she opened the door. Yuri stepped in and placed the box of pizza and beer cans she brought on the little table between the owner’s couch and flat screen TV.

“Nice to see you too, buddy.” The black pearl ignored the latter’s earlier statement

“Seriously, Yuri. I can’t do this right now. I have lots of things to finish tonight. And so do you.” Taeyeon said to her friend

“I finished all of them. Dad helped me. But I feel like we haven’t hang out in a while, Taengoo.” Yuri reasoned

“You just saw me today at school, pabo.”

“Yeah, I literally just saw you. You always go home after class and during lunch, you’re always at the library. Are you still eating, huh?” The kkab worriedly stated

Taeyeon felt a little guilty for unconsciously ignoring her friends this past weeks but things needed to be done. “I’m sorry Yuri-yah. There were a lot of projects and papers I needed to do so I was busy.”

“It’s alright, Tae. Have you eaten dinner? You’re getting thinner.” Yuri asked Taeyeon. The blonde remembered that she hasn’t eaten dinner yet. Her last meal a club sandwhich and that was from her lunch.

The noise from Taeyeon’s stomach answered Yuri’s question. Taeyeon shyly looked at Yuri. “See! You’re not taking care of yourself. Jinjja this kid.” Yuri opened the pizza box and got plates on the kitchen while Taeyeon got glasses.

“Cha! Let’s eat!” Yuri exclaimed as she made herself at home turning the TV on. Taeyeon got a slice and ate it in a hurry almost choking her.

“Yah yah! Slow down Tae. There’s still a lot of food left.” Yuri patted her friends back

“I just want to get back to work, Yul.” Taeyeon reasoned

“Oh come on! I’m sure you’re done too. The prodigy Kim Taeyeon does proposal reports like counting 123.” She returned her eyes on the TV

“I am but I want to revise a few more so it’s perfect for tomorrow.” A heavy sigh made its way out of Taeyeon’s mouth which was not missed out by Yuri. She looked at her friend.

“Okay. What’s on your mind, Tae?”

“Nothing.” Knowing Taeyeon’s persona, Yuri just kept silent until her friend was ready to talk. After a few minutes, Taeyeon answered.

“The truth is, the reason I didn’t hang around with you guys the previous weeks was because I was avoiding Tiffany. I made the reason of researching and doing paper works to keep me busy.”

“Uhuh. And why are you avoiding her?” Yuri asked

“Well, it finally hit me that we are going to get married soon and it kinda freaks me out. Who wouldn’t? I barely know her and now I’m marrying her? That’s crazy.”

“I don’t really know how you feel, Tae. But avoiding her isn’t gonna solve anything. You’re gonna get married in three days yet here you are on your own instead of getting to know her.” Yuri tried to knock some sense to her tireless friend

“I know, I know. But you know I’m awkward around new people and she bugs the hell out of me, dude.” Taeyeon defensed

“You don’t even know her, Tae. Just give the girl a chance. She may be more than what you expect.” Yuri cooed at Taeyeon to at least lessen the stress

“I guess you’re right. There’s nothing wrong with becoming friends with her. I mean we’re gonna get married anyways.”

“Yeah. And may be this could deepen into something more, huh?” Yuri teasingly looked at Taeyeon

“Oh shut up. You know that there’s only one person in my heart.” Taeyeon said calmly while looking at the TV to avoid eye contact with her friend.

A deep sigh can be heard from Yuri. “Taeyeon, it’s been so long. You and Jessica were once in love. WERE. She even said so herself that the love died. Why can’t you just accept it  and move on?”

“I can’t Yuri-ah. You don’t know how it feels like to love someone more than yourself. Seeing your future with them through their eyes. But I guess the feeling wasn’t mutual.” Taeyeon dejectedly answered

“That’s where you’re wrong.”

“What?” Taeyeon quizzically stared at her now serious friend

“You’re wrong about that. I do know what that feels like. But she didn’t see me in that way. I was the only one who loved her and she just used me.” Yuri told the petite blonde for the first time

“I’m sorry to hear that.”

“Haha. Well that’s life you know? If it doesn’t kill you, it makes you stronger. I can’t just keep on moping about her. I have to live and try to be happy.” Yuri positively stated but sadness and longing can still be sensed in the tone of her voice.

“That’s good to hear, buddy.” Taeyeon cheered her friend up

“Aish! Why did the topic became so heavy? It’s giving me shivers!” Yuri joked to lighten up the mood

“Oh stop! You emotional kkab!” Taeyeon nodged her friends shoulder to rid of the heavy atmosphere.

“Let’s forget about it and play video games so I can whoop your little at basketball. Pwahaha.” The black pearl challenged

“The only one who’s gonna have their kicked is you, my friend.” Taeyeon equally challenged.

 

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The day that two young adults were dreading finally came; their wedding day. It took place at Jeju island for exclusivity. Only a few of their closest friends, family members and their parents were invited. It was small but still elegant and beautiful.

On one room of the hotel where the nuptial will take place, a certain blonde can’t seem stay in one place.

“Oh My Goodness, Yuri! I can’t breathe! I forgot how to breathe!” Taeyeon exaggerated sitting on the coach while fanning herself in the sofa

“What the! Taeyeon! Stop with the nonsense!” Yuri countered her bestfriend sice she knows she’s just overacting. “Here. Drink this water. You’re just nervous and it’s pretty normal but just don’t throw up okay?”

After Taeyeon drank the water, she calmed down a bit. Yuri being the bridesmaid visited her bestfriend who was freaking out since they got in the island. She stayed over Taeyeon’s suit last night to relax her stressing friend.

“You’re getting married, Tae. It’s not like you’re up for death sentence.”

“Not helping, Yul.” The soon-to-be-wedded girl retorted

“Aish fine. Just don’t think about it. You’re gonna ruin your dress and make up. After the priest asked you the question, I do is your answer okay?” Yuri reminded her friend. “You’re stressing my beautiful face too.”

In less than an hour, she and Tiffany will be saying their vows. Everything in her life will change and she has no clue what’ll happen after this. If it wasn’t for her friends being here she doesn’t know what she’ll do or if she’ll even show up. The gang literally just dragged her in their private plane and held her captive until the plane took off.

“You know this place is really nice to have a vacation. I’m thankful to the organizers who planned this after we’ve passed all the requirements and we just have to wait for our graduation.”

“I guess so. At least the others our here so we can have fun later.” Taeyeon looked at the bright side of things.

“Yeah! That’s the spirit buddy!” Yuri lightly patted her friend’s back.

A knock can be heard as the two friends were conversing. Seohyun’s head peeked through the door smiling. “Unnies, the ceremony is about to start. You both are needed at the beach.”

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A/N And I'm back! I'm sorry for my long absence. Busy with life. Hope this chapter isn't too boring for you chingus! Please comment your thoughts! Bye! :)))