Chapter 3

Unexpected

“You?!”

“Nooooo!!” Taeyeon screamed as she woke up from her slumber and realize that it was time to get ready for school.

“Wheeew! Thank God it was just a dream. A horrible dream.” She mumbled to herself as she went to her bathroom to shower and prepare. An hour passed and she was now all ready to go.

“Good morning, Ms. Taeyeon.” Greeted the Kim’s driver at the front of the apartment building.

“Good morning, Mr. Han. Why are you here?” The blonde questioned as she was a little surprised to have their family driver in her apartment building.

“Oh. Your father, Mr. Kim, ordered me to be your personal driver from now on. He isn’t in the idea of you taking the bus to school starting this day.”

“That’s odd. He was okay with it before? What changed his mind?” Taeyeon inaudibly uttered. “Mr. Han, I’m not comfortable  being driven around. I’m used to taking the bus since college so please tell my father I don’t need a driver.” This time Taeyeon said it with confidence for Mr. Han to hear.

“But Miss…” Before Mr. Han could say a word, the baby faced girl bowed and left.

Taeyeon increased her pace just in case the old man decided to follow her and thankfully she got on the bus without a trace of him.

“My father is really random.” She thought as she sat on the seats available.

She decided to call her father about this. 

"Yeoboseyo, appa? What's Mr. Han doing in my apartment? You know I don't like people serving me." Taeyeon said to her father.

"Well, Taeyeon. You're the succesor of a multi-billion dollar company, why do you want to use a public transportation as a vehicle." Mr. Kim said on the other line

"I'm used to this. I don't like unnecessary things, appa. So I sent Mr. Han home."

"Taeyeon, the public has their eye on you right now. You got to live in the standards that they expect you to live. So I'm sending him back tomorrow and no sending him off, arasseo?"

"Arasseo. But, what are you saying the public has their eye on me?" Taeyeon asked while looking around and just like her father send, the passengers were looking at her strangely but she shrugged it off.

"Have you forgotten abou... Oh sorry Taeyeon, I've been called to an important meeting. Gotta go. Love you. You take care!" Mr. Kim immediately hung up.

"Okay. Bye. Love yo..." Before Taeyeon could finish her sentence, the line went dead. She sighed.

Wait... Am I forgetting something?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

Taeyeon arrived at school with time to spare. She decided to get her textbooks for the day and went to the canteen for breakfast. She wasn’t in the mood to cook at home so she didn’t get a proper meal. She ordered egg omelette together with freshly squeezed orange juice. Peacefully she ate until a certain kkab found her and disturbed her quiet time.

 

“Hey Taeng! I’ve been looking for you.” Yuri shouted by the door making her voice echo in the large empty space.

As Yuri got a seat at Taeyeon’s table, the smaller one knock the taller ones head. “Can you quiet down? No need to shout so early in the morning.” Taeyeon lectured Yuri

“Hehe. Sorry, reflex.” Yuri apologized. “By the way. Saw the news. Congratulations on your engagement with Tiffany. Who would’ve have thought, huh?” The tan skinned adding while munching on her friends breakfast. Taeyeon with a mouthful of juice slightly spat it out in her friend’s face.

“Whaaat?!?!?!?” Its her turn to now shout

“Ewww Taeng! Don’t spit on my face!” Yuri annoyingly said as she was now wiping the orange liquid off of her.

“What did you say?!” Taeyeon couldn’t believe what she heard so she asked again.

“I said congratulations on your engagement with Tiffany.” Her friend repeated

“Are you serious? It wasn’t a dream?!” Taeyeon clearly remembered now that the dinner did happen and that she saw the red head there.

FLASHBACK

“You?!”

“Mind telling us about this shouting ladies?” Mr. Kim interrupted the two surprised adolescence. Taeyeon wanted to answer her father but nothing came to mind. It was like a cat got her tongue.

Tiffany being the witty person snapped out of it and explained the situation. “Oh nothing, Mr. Kim. Taeyeon and I are just familiar with each other. We see each other at school, that’s all.” Finsihing her explanation with her ever-so-famous eye smile.

“That’s good then. At least you too are acquainted with each other. Hi, I’m Kim Dae-Hyun. Taeyeon’s father. Just call me Uncle Dae-Hyun.” The old man shook hands with Tiffany.

“Okay, Uncle Dae-Hyun. I’m Tiffany Hwang. My Korean name is Hwang Miyoung but I prefer Tiffany.”

”Such a polite lady.” Mr. Kim added. The red head blushed lightly. “Now, let’s go to the table and eat, shall we?”

Taeyeon was like a robot the whole night. The two adult and Tiffany spoke casually while Taeyeon was being passive. Taeyeon’s nightmare ended as the dinner finished and the marriage details was set.

They bid their goodbyes with each other and Mr. Kim dropped her daughter off her apartment. She washed herself and plopped herself at her large bed. Taeyeon was tired even though she did nothing at dinner; it felt like every ounce of her energy was dry. Her eyes felt heavy… So does her heart.

Marriage…

After a month…

Tiffany Hwang…

 

“Hello, Taeng? Taengoo!” Yuri’s voice snapped the small girl out of her trance. “Hey are you okay? You just spaced out. It was weird.”

“So it wasn’t a dream?! Ugh!! My life stinks!!” Taeyeon was frustrated as she ruffles her hair to release some anger in her.

Just in time, her clique showed up at the canteen with a new friend.

“Hi guys!” The happy pill greeted her friends

“Hi unnies! What are you guys talking about?” The maknae added. “I believe you’ve met unnie before.” Seohyun pointed at the girl.

Taeyeon who was still processing everything didn’t notice the new friend that they brought.

“Taeyeon’s gonna have a heart attack soon!” Yuri joked alongside a laughter

“Shut up, kkab! Or… “ Before she continued, she made eye contact with the red head that she is bestowed with.

“Morning, midget!” Tiffany happily addressed Taeyeon. They all sat down to order breakfast but the blonde girl spoke with a stern voice. “We need to talk.”

The casual feel of the table was now replaced with tension. Tiffany new that Taeyeon was referring to her. “Sure thing. What do you want to talk about.”

“I mean just the two of us.” Taeyeon said serious. “Follow me.” Taeyeon stood up with the red head at her heel.

Taeyeon went to the music room where she first saw Tiffany. It was a good place for them to have privacy and talk.

“Talk.” Tiffany now also became serious

“How the hell are you okay with all of this?” The blonde spoke with a hint of detest

“First, I’m not okay with this all. Second, why are you getting mad at me again?” Tiffany coolly replied

“Well, you seem okay with everything at dinner and now too.”

“You may not notice but aren’t I the one who was being dragged last night? I even ranaway but my father brought me back!”

“So what are we going to do? I don't want to marry you. ” Taeyeon was getting frustrated. She doesn’t know what to do anymore.

"Wow. Thanks for making me feel wanted." Tiffany sarcastically spat at Taeyeon.

"Oh come on! I'm not kidding here. Why aren't you freaking out?" Taeyeon was pacing back and forth at the music room. Like any minute now she'll explode.

“Calm down, will ya?! I thought of a plan.” Taeyeon stopped on her walking and urge Tiffany to tell her of the plan she thought.

“Well, our wedding is in a month…” Taeyeon grunged after hearing this. “Wow, so much detest… As I was saying, our wedding is a month. I say let’s just go through with this. Then just divorce after both of us has some stability, what do you say?” Tiffany slowly told Taeyeon.

“So there's no way out but to marry you, huh?" The blonde said.

"Well do you have better plans?" The slightly insulted Tiffany asked rolling her eyes. Taeyeon remained mumm as she doesn't have one.

"Just think about it. Just go with the flow until you have power to resist the current. What do you say?" Tiffany tries to explain more

"After I inherit the company and prove to father that I can handle it on my own, then we can split?”

“Bingo. Finally!” Tiffany irked

“I think that’s okay. At least father won’t be disappointed in me.” Taeyeon said

“Let’s give it 6 months; a year tops. No attachment of any kind, deal?” Said the red head. Both parties shook hands as they were on the same boat on this one.

“We good now?” Tiffany asked after

“No. You still annoy me.” Taeyeon chicly answered then left the music room to go back to her friends.

“Aish that midget.”

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

The past two weeks, Taeyeon and Tiffany tried to be civil with each other. Since Sunny and Tiffany are friends and Taeyeon is friends with Sunny, Tiffany started hanging with her group. Of course at first Taeyeon contradicted because the latter always bother her but when the maknae gave her the puppy eyes, who can resist?

After their last class on a Friday, the whole group was in there favorite ice cream parlor.

“Ugh! This week is draining! Tests after tests! Thank God it’s over!” Yuri exhaled with relief

“Yeah! Mrs. Park is in the zone with the exams. I can’t believe I survived her questions.” Added Sunny. Taeyeon being the usually quiet one, just listened to her friends whine about everything. She finds it entertaining though.

“How was your week, Seo?” Yuri asked the maknae

“I had lots of projects. But since I started them beforehand, I was able to finish them all.” Seohyun calmly said

“As expected of Seohyun, everything is advanced. Hahaha.” Sunny joked. 

“Hey guys, wanna go to a club and unwind later?” Tiffany said after swallowing her spoonful of ice cream.

Yuri pondered for a while but eventually agreed on going to the club and release the stress that built up.

The shortest liked the idea. “Me too. I need to have fun or else I'm gonna suffocate!”

“Unnie, I’m gonna have to pass. I don’t like clubs and noisy places.” Seohyun was never really into dark places with people not on their right minds. It’s appaling how people act under intoxication for her.

“But Seo! It’ll be fun!” The mushroom whined

“Sorry unnie. I’d rather read a novel or watch a movie tonight.” Seohyun apologized

“How about you, Taengoo? Coming?” Yuri asked the quiet one

“Don’t want to. I agree with Seo on this one.”

“Oh come on, shorty. Come with us! Don’t be a party pooper!” Tiffany urged Taeyeon

“For the thousandth time, I have a name! It’s Taeyeon! When will stop calling me shorty or midget?!” No matter how hard Taeyeon tries to ignore Tiffany’s teasing, at the end of the day it always gets to her.

“If you go with us tonight, I’ll stop calling you shorty or midget.” Tiffany teased

“What the… “

Before Taeyeon could protest, Tiffany had already interrupted her. “So it’s settled. I’ll pick everyone around 8 and we’ll go to that new place, The Adrenaline Club.”

“Seo, if you changed your mind, you’ll know where to find us, okay?” Tiffany not giving up, still invited Seohyun

"No need to pick me up. I'll just have my driver take me there." Taeyeon annoyingly said

“That's settled then. Well, I gotta go. I still some stuff to do. Bye guys. See you later!” Tiffany bid her goodbye to everyone and left with an annoyed blonde.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

Three familiar figures can be spotted at the dance floor with people at the same state, intoxicated and out of control. Taeyeon on the other hand was only sitting at their table with a champagne in hand and chose not to get wild. Seohyun was right. A novel or a movie could beat this situation.

Who would enjoy a stranger grinding their sweaty bodies at you reeking with a strong scent of alcohol? Definitely not her but apparently, her three companies do.

After so much like a decade, Tiffany returned to the table tired and out of breath.

“Ya! Why *hiccup* aren’t you *hiccup* at the dance floor?!” Tiffany scooted near Taeyeon so she could hear through all the loud music in the club.

“Aish you’re drunk! Go home Tiffany!” Taeyeon shouted at her

“No! I’m having so much fun! This is the best night ever!” Tiffany excitedly said as she went nearer Taeyeon again making the other girl slightly uncomfortable.

“Well can you have your best night ever a little further from me? You’re kinda invading my space.” Taeyeon told Tiffany without looking at her but the intoxicated girl just did the opposite.

She scooted closer and closer to Taeyeon until their hips and shoulders touch. Taeyeon didn’t know how to react. If she was to shove the girl, it might hurt her. But Tiffany was now too close for comfort. Her personal bubble was being invaded so she just decided to tell Tiffany to go away face to face.

“Go awa…” Taeyeon was shocked to see the red head’s face only an inch or two apart from her. She was frozen. She was somewhat paralyzed. Before she knew it, Tiffany’s hand was caressing her cheeks yet she did nothing.

 

“You have beautiful eyes, Taeyeon-ah.” Tiffany heavily said enough for the astounded one to hear while minimizing the space between them two.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

And I’m back with an update guys! I’m very sorry for not updating for nearly a month. I had to study for my board exam and now it’s finished!! YEEEAH!!!! Thank God I passed and now a registered medical technologist!! Wohooooo! *happy dance*

Putting that aside! I haven’t proof-read this so I apologize for any grammar mistakes! Hahaha. Comment your thoughts guys!!! 사랑해 주세용~~~ ^^