The Duo Assignment (Pt 2)

Time Stops for a Never After
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Warning: Prepare yourself for (sad) feels!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

 

It was now three in the morning when the duo slipped out of their rooms and began walking to the room where the boy was being held.

 

“Okay, so you know the plan, right?” Luhan whispered.

 

“Yup, simple trip of the system, grab, and go,” Tao whispered back. “Good, do NOT deviate from that plan,” Luhan’s voice had a pointed tone to it.

 

The two boys made their way to the door hand held Mr. Minho’s son, just as they were about to reach for the handle, a hand clamped down on their shoulders.

 

“What are you two doing here?” a voice asked. Frozen, Luhan stuttered out, “Oh, Lance. Um, we were-“

 

“You are supposed to be down in from getting ready to leave for the transfer,” Lance said. “Transfer?” Tao asked. Lance sighed, “You know, the one were we trade Minho’s son for the money. Now get there, now?” he ordered and shoved the two boys to the door.

 

“Why didn’t we know about this?” Luhan whispered to Tao when they were pushed into the back of a black car. “I don’t know. It wasn’t on any of the reports. And no one mentioned anything about it,” Tao answered. “Something tells me this isn’t your usual trade-off.”

 

Luhan just gave a silent nod.

 

Once the car stopped, Luhan and Tao got out and immediately began surveying their surroundings.  It was still early morning, so it was dark out. They were somewhere remote and surrounded by trees. Looking up, the morning sky had a grey tint to it; it would defiantly be raining soon.

 

“Okay, Mafia. I can just as you asked and I have the money. Down to the last penny,” said a man as he stepped out of the shadows. It was Mr. Minho.

 

“Ha, really? Well that’s just perfect. Why don’t you bring that over here?” said a shark- like voice.  Turning around, Tao realized it was the mafia boss.

 

“No. Not until I have my son,” Mr. Minho said strongly. The Boss smirked evilly,” Oh, do we have something you want? Would it happened to be this?” he and made a grand gesture with his hand. Two grunts then carried the boy forward kicking and screaming.

 

“Jin! My son, are you alright?” Mr. Minho cried.

 

“Papa! Papa, help me! Please!” the little cried out franticly and the sound of his voice broke Tao and Luhan’s hearts. Tao sighed a looked away, he couldn’t watch. Feeling

a bit of water hit his cheek, he looked up. It had started to rain.

 

Mr. Minho gave the mafia boss a pointed look,” Let my son go. Only then will I give you your precious money,” Mr. Minho spat with venom in his voice. The mafia boss had a mischievous glint in his eyes as he eyed the man in front of him,” Very well, I’ll free your boy.” With a snap of his fingers, Jin was released and his fell to the floor.

 

“Papa!” he cried blinked the rain out of his eyes before he raced to his father. Mr. Minho threw the case with the money forward before embracing his son tightly. “Jin! Oh, my son, are you okay? Did they hurt you?” he asked in a hurried voice as he pulled back to inspect his boy. Jin gave a brave smile and looked to his dad,” Jin is fine! He was brave a fought the bad bullies!”

 

Mr. Minho smiled as he kissed Jin’s forehead, “Yes. You were very, very brave my son,” he said.

 

“Bleh. We can break up this family reunion now because you two are not going to be leaving,” the mafia boss said in a stern voice.

 

Mr. Minho’s head snapped up fast to look at him,” What on earth are you talking about? I gave you ALL of your money! It’s right there; we CAN leave!” he argued.

 

The boss clicked his tongue, “ Yeah, see, we cant just let you two go free. Leave two people alive who have seen the faces of my workers and myself? Have seen where we met and our plans? I think not. Because people talk; they spill all those dirty little secrets. And we can we?” he said in a mock sweet voice and pulled out a gun. “We’ll just have to close a few mouths. Permanently.”

 

He cocked the gun and pointed it at Jin,” You first, boy,” he said and fired.

 

“No! Jin!” Mr. Minho said as he leapt forward. He knew he was just in time as he felt the bullet hit his chest and pierce his skin. Right in his heart.

 

“Stupid man. Hmm, he would have died anyway,” the mafia boss said as he stalked to the father and son and kicked the man over the edge.

 

Jin ran to his father and caught the man’s hand with his two small ones. “ Hold on, Papa! Jin will get you!” he said, but the rain was making his grip. Mr. Minho, hearing a strong whoose of water to beneath him, he looked down to see a giant cliff with jagged, angry rocks poking out every which way.  Giant, crazed waved splashed high up unto the cliff to meet him. He looked back up to Jin whose tiny arms were already shaky from weakness and he chocked back his tears.

 

“Jin, you have to let go of Papa. It’s the

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter