The Dark and Light Meet

Time Stops for a Never After
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 Time Stops for a Never After

 

 

The freezing cold night air stabs at the skin of those who walk the streets. The darkening clouds over head signify that rain will soon ensue. Chilled people scramble to find shelter and hurry home.

 

 All of this is insignificant to the lone still figure atop a skyscraper. He had his target. 

 

"Run all you want, Mr.Nam," the black haired boy said with a chuckle "It won't matter in the end."

 

Focusing the scope of his sniper rifle on the target, he paused. The streets were full of people, innocent people. He had only been sent to kill Mr.Nam, a mafia leader. " I'll wait for him to be secluded, " the assassin decided. 

 

It didn't take long for the man to seclude himself. Recalling the information he had gained through reading the targets profile, he remembered that Mr.Nam was a very paranoid man, he was always quick to isolate himself. 

 

Holding the rile up to his eye again, the boy locked onto the target's head. He didn't hesitate as he fired. The next second, Mr.Nam's dead body crumpled to the cold, hard asphalt. 

 

Because of the silencer on the boy's weapon, no attention was drawn.

 

 

Arriving back at his client's house, the assassin looked to his employer for payment. 

 

"It's time I collect what I was promised, " the boy's voice was steel. 

 

"Yes, of course. Five thousand, as agreed."

 

Taking the money, the dark figure walked out of the door into the black night.

 

As the door closed behind him, he caught his former employer's thanks, " Thank you for doing the job, Tao."

 

 

 

 

 

Kris was running late. Really, really late. Work started at seven; it was already seven- fifteen. Luckily, being the owner of his own restaurant let him get away with it from time to time. With the bright morning sun shining above him, he quickened his pace.

 

Arriving to his business, he was met with an angry voice,"Ya! Hyung, were have you been? We're being on serving."

 

"Sorry, Sehun, I was finishing up some paper work," Kris apologized. 

 

 

 

"Yeah right, you slept in again, didn't you?," the shorter guy countered.

 

Kris gave a nervous laugh and scratched the back of his head, having been caught. 

 

 

Sehun had joined the staff a year ago, but to Kris, it felt like a life time. When he arrived the first day on the job, he immediately went up to Kris with a warm smile and introduced himself. Since then, the two were like brothers. Throughout the work day, they'd talked in between orders and after work. Sehun was kind and patient and Kris felt comfortable around him. The boy brought laughter and fun into Kris' boring, mechanical routine of work.

 

 

"So, hyung, " Sehun began," tables one, four, and seven need their food."

 

"On it, " with that, Kris got to work.

 

The restaurant worked like clockwork. The chefs prep

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter