The Duo Assignment (Pt 1)

Time Stops for a Never After
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

“ Tao, have you taken another mission yet?”

 

“Hmm, no. I haven’t looked at the Job List Bulletin in a while. Why?” Tao asked Luhan.

 

“Well, I was looking, and I saw a duo mission. I thought we could do it together. It’s been a while since we have,” Luhan said.

 

Tao looked to the side in thought before giving a huge sigh. ” Ohhhhhhh I don’t know, Lu. I’m reeeeaally busy. So much to dooooo,” he dragged out jokingly.

 

“Oh, come on, Tao! It’s been so long since we did a mission. Together, “Luhan begged.

 

“Not true. We both did the one with Mrs. Kim-“

 

“ That doesn’t count and you know it!” Luhan retorted,” Mrs. Kim, thought I was your lackey! She only let me stay because she thought I’d be a good match for her son!”

 

“Now, now. You never even met her son, how would you know if you were compatible? And I think you’d make a good lackey! The perfect towel boy!” Tao teased.

 

“Ya! Watch it! I’m still older that you,” Luhan said,” So, will you do it?”

 

Tao turned to him fully and laughed,” Of course I will, Lu! I miss the two of us going on missions!” he said with a bright smile.

 

Luhan nodded with a soft smile and went to the table,” All right, now that that’s settled, here’s the mission.  This is Mr. Minho,” he said as he tossed a manila folder to Tao with papers and a picture of a middle aged man with tanned hair. “Mr. Minho here is a double agent for a very famous and very deadly mafia and the government. Recently, he has been found out and the mafia is out to kill him.”

 

“Typical rescue and hide. Should be simple,” Tao concluded as he plopped down on the chair in front of him.

 

Luhan shook his head,” I thought so too. But here’s where things get messy. Two days ago, the mafia kidnapped this boy,” he said and gave Tao another picture, this one of a little boy no older that three with black hair. For some reason, the picture reminded Tao of someone; he just couldn’t think of whom.

 

 “Now, this boy is Mr. Minho’s child. As you can probably guess, the mafia is threatening to kill the boy unless Mr. Minho gives himself to them,” Luhan continued, “On top of that, they’re giving him until the end of tomorrow to show, or they kill the boy. This is where we come in. we sneak into the mafia by any means and rescues the boy. Both him and his father will be safe once we give them to the government,” Luhan concluded.

 

“Alright. Sounds like a walk in the park,” Tao said sarcastically,” So, when do we move out?”

 

“Well I was thinking it was best to steak out the organization for a bit, see when and where the guards are. And the boy,” Luhan answered.

 

Tao gave a mischievous smirk and a looked at Luhan and stood, “Are you thinking what I’m thinking?” he asked.

 

“If it’s your mind, not in a million years,” Luhan answered with a laugh.

 

“Luhan, what’s the best way to get information for the enemy? And don’t say torture them,” Tao asked.

 

“Aw! Hmm, well if not by torture, then by force?” Luhan answered hesitantly.

 

“No, that’s the same thing, anyway! You do it, with trust and persuasion,” Tao said.

 

Luhan eyes widened,” No! I know what you’re getting at, and no! It’s too dangerous; they’d know in a second,” he protested.

 

“Oh, come on, Lu! They’d never expect the enemy to disguise themselves as one of their own mafia members, infiltrate their HQ, and take their hostage!” Tao argued.

 

“Oh, when you put it that way, there’s NO possible way they’d EVER find out,” Luhan exclaimed, voice dripping with sarcasm.

 

The younger sighed,” Please, Lu? I haven’t done under cover in a while. And I could be fun! Seeing behind the enemy lines. Learning their tricks. From right under their little noses, “ he tried to persuaded the other. Luhan just turned his back to him stubbornly.

 

“Fine,” Tao said with a pout,” I’ll just have to use my secret weapon,” he said as he gave the elder his best puppy dog eyes.

 

Luhan made the grave mistake of looking into those eyes,” No, Tao. Come on, you know I cant resist those eyes,” he whined and shook his head. Soon, he sighed and looked back to Tao.

 

“Fine I’ll do it, you big baby. But if anything -anything! - Goes wrong, we are getting out of there,” Luhan argued.

“Yes!” the younger exclaimed,” Thank you, Lu! This is going to be great, let’s go!” Tao mentally smirked; this worked every time. How else did one think he got Luhan to buy him all those clothes?

 

Luhan ju

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter