Chapter 5

Urban Legend

Sherry tails along behind them, Sehun was pocketing his hand with earphone plugged on his ears. Shannon and N seems to jokes around while Baekhyun was busy searching for any sign of supernatural activity, Sherry was in a bad mood after teleporting. She wasn’t mad or excited, it was just she was in a bad mood. Her feeling tells her to stop but she kept dragging her feet along. A police  approach us with a young lady tailing behind him. We stopped walking.

“Ah, are you Baekhyun?” The police asked  Baekki while smiling, he seems to feel save with Baekhyun around.

“Yes. Yes I am” Baekhyun bowed to the police so the police did.

“This is Mrs. Yui, Mrs. Yui,  this is Byun Baekhyun” The police introduced her to us, and us to her. Baekhyun bowed to her. Yui face was so pale, she wore a floral dress knee length with a heels. She was around Shan ages probably,  she looks pretty young and fresh with that dress. Sherry feels weird knowing that something bad is going to happen soon.

“Hello” She speaks in Korean and bowed. “I’m glad you come”

“Wow, you speaks Korean really well.” Baekki compliment her, she smiles a bit.

We walked to a house, made of woods. It was a small three stories house. The grass grows wildly  making the house looks scary. There’s also a big tall tree growing on the side of the house. There’s a three steps ladder leads to the house, meaning there’s a basement. There’s a small dirty pond with mud. “This is my house” Yui stopped walking, she turned right and enter her house immediately.

The wind blows as they started walking near the house, It feels like a soft whisper. Sherry rubs her neck and start having some bad vibes. She loose focus as she walks near the house. Sherry feels like something tripped her feet she loose balance and she falls into the pool.

SPLUSH!

“KYAAAAH!~” She screamed  as she falls into the pool. It wasn’t very deep, it was about 2 meters. The pool water smells very absurd, it smells like a dead animal or worse. She is wet from head to toe.

“Sherry!, are you okay?” N help Sherry to come out from the pools, she sneezed, her body was dirty.  She trembled, her body is shaking pretty bad. Sherry hugs her self .

“I’m okay.. d..d..don’t w..w..worry okay?” She managed to show a smile. N took his blazer of and clings  it around her shoulder.

“You can catch a cold, lets bring her inside” Baekhyun helps her to walk.

We entered her house and immediately and let Sherry shower first. Surprisingly the house isn’t so bad like we expected. Yui take a good care of the inner side of her house. Baekhyun and N waited at the living room and made some tea while Sehun is still outside. Shan is on the kitchen with Yui. Shan opened a drawer and surprised. Its nothing more than an empty jar.

“ Sorry, I don’t have anything” She frown a bit.

“No its okay, do you have sugar?” Yui nods and opened  a drawer next to her and handed a jar of sugar to her. “Thanks”

“Need help girls?” N comes to the kitchen and stands  next to Shannon as she makes tea. Yui walked to one of the room. Trying to get some clothes for Sherry.

“Where’s Hun and Baekkie?. Both are on the Living rooms a moment ago.  ” Shannon asks while stirring the tea. After that she carry the glass and puts it on the table.

“Both of them are outside. Chatting with the police. I didn’t expect Yui  and He can speaks  Korean through” N answers. “Gosh, this place is really something” He whisper to Shan. Shan turns it back and slap his arms a bit.

“Sush N!. Be polite!” She nags. At that time Yui appears with a clothes on her hands.  “What’s that for?... Oh, for Sherry?”

Yui smiles abit and nods. She didn’t talk a lot. “Hey guys, do you have something to wear?, my clothes are soaked” Sherry says from the bathroom. Her voice sounds a bit shaky and weird.

“Open the door a bit” The door opened a bit and Yui gives it to Sherry.

 

 

 

 

-Night-

Sherry wears a  maroon short pants upper-knee length and a a long sleeve tee. She also wears a long knee-length cardigan, it colors is black. Yui seems to be liking on crème or darks color. The teams gathered at the living room and starts investigating about the case. The victim is not only Yui they just know. It was a girl named Lauren, she come at Yui house as well.

“So when does the attacked happened?” Sehun asked. He’ll writes everything down at his note.

“It was 2 weeks ago.” Lauren answered, she still traumatized until right now. But she didn’t want this thing to happened twice on her life or to someone else’s live. Kind indeed, she’s only 10 after all.

“So Lauren, mind to tell us?” Shan asked, she tried to be as kind as possible. Shan doesn’t really likes kids.          

Flashbacks.

Lauren P.O.V

I walked through the empty streets. It was a quite night, I hold my dog leash as i keeps walking. I hummed some random songs so I don’t try to think about something scary. But all I’ve heard was just a sound of wind that sounds like a whisper. I inhaled and tries to calm myself. I was from my friend house, apparently I forgot times and ended up walking alone on this… ish. No SCARY thing. I don’t really believes at ghost or spirits as well.

“WOOF!” My dogs barks loudly as he become un-controllable. I kneeled down and pat him as I tried to comfort him.

“Douglas, it was nothing. Come on!” I pulled his leash and ignored him who become crazy as I approaches the three junction. “Douglas!, shut up!”

I keeps on walking and about to take left from the three junction but Douglas become mad and madder. I wanted to make him shuts up. I keep dragging him and takes left. Someone bumped me. I looked up and saw a lady at that time. She’s tall like a model with a black hair, her hairs is long until her back. She wears a trench coat and a tall black heels. I was a bit surprise and I bumped to the pocket part. I feel like something a bit hard bumped my head when I bumped her. I also can feel her body is so stiff and hard.

“Looks like you need helps on keeping your dog calm”  I nods and smiles. Her voice sounds kind and soft. Despite she’s wearing a medical masks. She kneel down and pat my dog. Surprisingly he become calm. He sits calmly.

“Thank you Miss” She’s probably around 25. I can see she’s smiling by her eyes. She pocketed her hands to the trench coats.

“No biggies kiddo. Still up to this hour?” She kindly asks me. She holds the leash and walked with me.

“It’s no problem for me. My mum & dad has passes away. My sister is not back yet too at this hour. What about you lady?” Her eyes curved again, meaning’s she’s smiling behind those masks.

“I am after someone” She stops. “Can I ask you a question young one?”  She kneeled down again, adjusting my height.

I nods and then she asks me a weird question. “Do you think I’m pretty?”

I giggled and pats her shoulder, “Every lady is pretty to me. And you’re kind and tall. You can be a model. You’re hair is long and I like that. And I bet behind those masks there’s a beautiful face”  I answered.

“Do you want to see me my face lady?” Her voice changed. A bit angry and sad.

“Yes.” I answered. I feel like something wrong has happened. She pulls her mask slowly, I feel like something bad is about to happen too. I feel like running out.

                “Am I still pretty to you?”