Found

I Survived
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

As the day went on, Kyungsoo and I ventured on the wreckages. Every scrap of metal is cold and getting rusty. The cloud is still blocking the sun. Those clouds could be pollution or smog, and it's deadly. I'm still not sure if it's day or night. I could be jet-lagged and I won't even know it. The whole land before my eyes is like a junkyard piling up humans' trash they left behind while they were buried underneath my feet. If I could turn every scrap of metal or alloy materials back to natural resources, I would. My foot started hurting and we stopped for rest.

As we sat down, Kyungsoo gave me a jug of water. I chug it down a little bit and gave it back to him. He drank after me. "How's the foot?" He asked.

"I don't feel any better, but it will get better. My foot is just giving me pain here and there," I said.

He breathe and said, "nothing I can do, sorry." 

I shook my head. "Are there others?"

Kyungsoo looked at me, "what you mean? Angels??" I nodded. "Yeah, one is my best friend and the other two are my brothers. They are somewhere around here."

"Oh, that's awesome!" I exaggerated. "What are they here for?"

"You sure ask a lot of questions," Kyungsoo said. "They help carry souls back up."

"And what kind of immortal am I?" Dying to know what I am, more importantly, WHO I am. I'm sure my parents aren't immortals, right? I'm sure I'm not an orphan either. Must be something like, a blessing from the heavens?

"I don't know. Do you at least know your powers? 'Cause that may be a big clue to what you are." He looked at me with his doe eyes.

"I-I don't know what my powers are," I told him. I stopped talking. He did too. 

The ground shifts. It's like an erosion, the junk are colliding together, it's like a wave, the wrecks are parting away from each other. I felt the ground shifted under my feet. I just hope dead bodies don't show up. I stood up as Kyungsoo grabbed me by the hands and lift us off the ground with his wings. I wrapped my arms around him as he floated in mid-air, about twenty feet above the wreckages. We looked at the ground. 

New piles of trash stacked up. And it looks like bits and pieces of a cracked marble stone and slabs of limestone. After the erosion calmed down, the clouds slowly cleared out. Kyungsoo landed and we looked around. 

"What just happened?" I whispered, as I push my hair behind my ear. 

"No idea." He shook his head. 

I walked along the cracked limestones. Then there was a cliff. I looked down, keeping my feet in place so I don't slip, there was a temple. It looks perfectly stable. Kyungsoo came from behind me and saw it. We carefully trotted down the hill. My foot is a pain!

I stopped, "Kyungsoo! Can you please carry me? It hurts really bad." He looked back and untied his shoelaces. 
"Just wear my boots, I'll fly." He said. He took it off and gave it to me. I slipped them on and tied the laces together. 

"Thank you, Beta," I smiled.

"Alright, come on, you gotta stop calling me that now that you know my name." Kyungsoo said.

I laughed, "I will. Soon." 

He scoffed. Then he looked towards the building and saw something. "Hey, who's that over there??" 

When I looked where he was looking, I saw nobody. He flew down there and went around the building. I ran after him, trying to be careful on the way down. Suddenly, my foot slipped on a piece of junk and I was able to hold myself. 

"Kyungsoo!!" I yelled, my voice echoed. This time, the sun started to appear. Oh, how I missed the sunlight on my face. Just then, I heard a shout from Kyungsoo as he appeared on the other side of the building. I was already at the front steps of the temple.

"Damn it!! He's gone." He said angrily.

"Who's 'he'?" I asked.

He landed on the statue because the ground was dirty. He places his hand on his chin and leaned against his knees. "I lost him. He's the fallen angel that I was supposed to bring back up to the heavens.

I was shocked. "You can do that??" 

"Yup. The god told me to do so. I've been assigned to do it 300 years ago. I couldn't catch him and he doesn't know about it." He said. His eyes widened, "Dude, I was NOT supposed to tell you that!" He covered his mouth.

"Oh! Uh, sorry? Um I'll delete those words out of my head right now. I won't tell anyone." I said, zipping my mouth with my finger. 

We both were quiet, I walked into the temple, he was still outside. I sighed. I looked around the temple. It was so rich. They have marble floors, gems on their pillars, decorative ornaments on the four by six foot windows, and so much details that the beauty explodes in my eyes. The window panels are stained in colors that makes up a drawing of a shepherd and his sheep. Now the sun had shone through those stained panels. It's beautiful. On the far end of the room, there sat a giant Buddha statue with gems on his head and gems for his eyes. 

The place is so clean, there's not even a speck of dust on the vases on display or dirt on the floors. Except for the dirt that I tracked in from my boots. Oh . I should've taken my shoes off. Just then, I saw something shiny. Glittering from a cushioned box with gold ornaments around its corners. I walked up to it and place my hand on it. The box was already slightly opened.

"You're not gonna steal that, are you?" Kyungsoo came from behind me, as he entered the building.
I opened the box and there sat two pure and pretty jade balls. I gasped. If this isn't what the monk told me, then I'm outta here. "Kyungsoo," I breathe, as my voice echoed. "This is what the monk told me to get. This is it." 

"Hold on, you can't just take it. And what about the monk?" He closes the box.

"He told me that if I can get two jade balls and a truffle, then I can save the world. It's not too late, right?" I explained.

He thought for a while. And then gave me a confused look on his face. "I'm not sure. What do you do with it?" 

"Well, er, he said throw it into the . . . the Sacred Well." 

His eyes widened. "Are you serious?" 

"What? What's wrong?"

"Are you insane? Do you even know what that does?" His eyes are filled with fury. I shook my head. He let out a heavy sigh. "I don't know exactly what, but it's a very dangerous process. If I were you, I wouldn't do it." 

"Kyungsoo!" I yelled. "You don't understand! I decided to do because it was for my brother. How could you say that? I have good friends at school, a nice family, and a decent life!" 

"You're not human, Suzuki-chan." He said quietly. "You're an immortal." I stopped talking because I'm sudden

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter