Doomsday

I Survived
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter


A maid showed me to my own room, traditionally and Japanese style. I put my stuff down and check out the view from my window. A cherry blossom tree branch blocked by view but not much. I still like it! 

I went downstairs, thinking about what dad and Yixing talked about. I hope dad scolds him because we had his trust and he ruined it. Why did he do that? Did he get bored with me? What did I ever do to him that's enough for him to cheat? I know he's not that kind of person to play with ladies. We're not kids anymore. We almost finish high school. A tear trailed down my face and I wiped it away. 

My aunt and my two uncles came to drop things off for us. Stuff like canned food and light source. Who knows? We might survived. 

"Konichiwa!" I said and go greet them. 

"Ahh, our Suzuki has grown up! I'm so proud!" my uncle said. Then he points to the stuff. "We brought it for you all. The world might end, but somebody's gotta survive!"

"Arigato, uncle-san!" I hugged them and they left, afraid they won't get home in time.

The news had spread around to everyone already. Every time I hear it, a sudden chill ran down my spine and making me nervous. That's when I know I'm scared. How can the world just end like this? I just hope the asteroid miss Earth or is it too late to calculate that? Well, all living thing are gonna die in the next few hours . . . 

I went to the dining room and Hanjo sat there watching his cartoon on TV. "Nee-san, Yixing is waiting for you outside." he said. 

"Tell him to go home, Hanjo-chan." I said as I continue to the kitchen to help mom with dinner. 

I stopped on the doorway as he spoke, "He have something urgent to tell you."

"Fine," I said. then I mumbled to myself, "I'll go if this will be the last time I have to listen to him."

Oooh, that's sort of sad. Oh well.

I changed into my outside shoe and as soon as I step outside, I saw him. Waiting patiently under the tree. He saw me and stood up. He had the face of an innocent puppy. Damn. You're obviously not innocent.

"What do you need to tell me that it's so urgent?" I said, approaching him. 

"Do you want to live after everyone else in the world disappear?" Yixing said, blankly stared into empty space. Then he look at me. 

"If that's what you want to ask, then I'm gonna go---"

He pull me in for a hug. It was long enough until I decided to hug him back. "Can you even imagine the world being destroyed into bits and pieces?" I asked him. 

"No, that's passed my imaginations." Yixing answered. "I can't even imagine dying. I rather die in my sleep than feel the pain of dying."

"Don't even say that. You're not gonna die."

"Yet." I pulled back and saw his teary eyes. "I'm sorry for cheating on you."

"Why did you do it?" I asked, calmly.

"I don't know why . . . Sometimes I have the urge that I have to do it or I will go all the way when I'm with you," he said. "I'm scared I might hurt you." 

I was speechless and I know I shouldn't take him back. "That sounds like an excuse, Yixing-kun. I'm sorry but I can't take you back yet, I'll have to think about it."

"There's no time to think about it, Suzuki-chan. The world is about to end and I want to die knowing you took me back, accepted me, even though what I did was very wrong." He said, looking into my eyes. I didn't answer even though he knows the answer. I just stood there and he stares at me. Finally, Yixing said, "Fine. If you said you'll think about it, I'll wait for you. Even if we die, I'll still wait for you in the afterlife."

He turned around and probably went home. Why can't he just accept that I don't want him back? I mean, his excuse was legit but I

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter