Cheater

I Survived
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Hey, my name is Haruko Suzuki, 18, female, and finishing my last high school year. I have a boyfriend and his name is Zhang Yi Xing, turning 19 soon, male, also on his last year in HS, and a transfer student from China.

I walked down the quiet hall, I got a hall pass from last hour in PE class. We've been dating since sophomore year and he's a very trustworthy friend. The whole school knows we're dating now and other girls tend to keep a certain distance from him, which is what I'm glad of. It also shows me that they respect me. He's so nice, so hardworking, so gentle, and he treats me so well----

At the corner, I saw someone's feet, a girl's shoe. Then a boy, pinning her against the wall, kisses her. I can't see their faces. They were aggressively going at each other and then my heart dropped. I saw his face as he lift his head up to look at her with a smile. Yixing, that Yixing. I could've known he was a player. Damn. 

My quiet, quick feet turned the other way and speed walk away from him. I dropped my pass and it landed as soft as a feather on the wooden floor. I picked it up and the floor creaked but they didn't pay attention. I continued on and get to class the long way. 

As I sat in class, my hands shook and I couldn't focus. Being the top student is not hard, but now it's really hard because we are taking our test today. The teacher decides to be a and move it to today instead of the day after tomorrow. 

I look at the first question and got confused. I tried my best and turned it in when class is over. I was the last one to turn it in. As I was out of the door, the teacher spoke.

"Haruko-chan, it's your duty day, did you forget?" she said. 

I smiled, "Ahh, I'll do it right now, sensei."

She smiled and went back to grading the tests. Duty day is when a student is assigned to do chores after class, usually before going home. My duty is to put the chairs up, organize the books on the shelf, erase the board, and sweep the floor. Of course another student is going to help me. She was already on it, organizing the books in the back of the room. Her name is Yuichi Manami, someone who I don't really talk to, but once in a while.

I pick up the eraser and wiped the board. After that, I put up the chairs on the desk, one by one. When I'm done, Manami and I sweep the floor, there's two pairs of dustpan and brooms. 

10 minutes passed and I checked my bag if I have everything, Manami has already left. 

"Suzuki-chan~~" I look at the doorway. It was Yixing.

"Oh, hey there, Yixing." I grab my book bag and followed him. He's finally done making out with girls. If he's not, he could've been here 15 minutes ago. 

"Is it your duty day?" he asked, shuffling his hair.

"Yeah, I almost forgot about it. Sensei reminded me though. It's Manami-chan's day, too. How's your day?" I said.

He looked at me, a bit of lip gloss outside of his lips. "It's pretty good, my buddies are great and my grades are also great. Though there is some disappointment today."

"Oh what is it?" I have a disappointment about you today, too, Yixing. 

"My aunt made a bad lunch today. She must've been dumped." 

I chuckled, "I'm sure she'll do it better next time. At least your stomach is filled, right?" 

"No, I threw it away." he said. 

Geez, today I just realized you are very arrogant. "Do you have to throw it away? How bad was it?"

"It's bland and her rice is too dry. Who wants it anyway."

"Well, maybe you should've----"

The school secretary appeared in front of us, "Zhang, please follow me."

"Alright, am I in trouble?" Yixing asked.

"You'll see when we get there."

I followed them since none of them said anything to keep me away. They went into the secretary's room and the secretary told me to go home first. I nodded and left. I looked at the clock and it's already 5:20 PM. I overheard their conversation starting intensely. 

"Do you know why you're here, Zhang Yixing?" he asked.

"No, why?" Yixing answered. 

"Well, it's not my job to handle this situation, but a

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter