Peek-a-Boo

Pick Up Sticks

After the kiss, Henry was stunned; He was in a daze as he walked home.  Shocked that Chaerin did what she did, Henry felt a little defeated. He wanted to be the first one to do it but Chaerin beat him to it. Still, he smiled because he knew that she liked him too. Going home, he dropped by at the vet to ask about Rover. Rover is recovering, his stomach is doing well and they're just waiting for his stitches to get better and then he can be sent home. "Hey boy" Henry said as he checked on Rover, the dog looked at him with his big eyes and he wagged his tail a little "You're gonna be home in a few days buddy. You recover your strength okay? I miss you boy and Chaerin misses you too" he said. Rover then his hand and Henry poked the dog's nose and ruffled his fur and then he left for home. 

He was looking at his phone when he settled in with a bowl of salad in his hands, he was debating whether he should send a message to Chaerin or maybe call just to say hi. He chickened out, embarrassed at what happened to him and Chaerin at the dorm. His morning was pretty good, he made another song and this time it had a different story. He wrote about the guy falling deeply for the girl, with the girl not doing any effort.

Morning came and there's no calls or messages sent from him or from Chaerin. He started to get a little worried, he looked at the time and assumed that Chaerin might be at work already. He decided to stay at home for the time being, he ate lunch early and he worked out a sweat, 2 hours after. Doing a few push ups; burpees and few rounds of planking and squats. He then took a shower and then was about to get dressed when his phone rang "Hello?"
"HENRY-AH!" the voice said, almost shouting
"Noona? Dara Noona?"
"Yes yes.. uhm can you call Chae? I've been calling her for almost an hour but she's not answering the door or the phone"
"WHAT?!"
"I'm getting worried" 
"You just hang on, I'm coming.. What floor are you in?"
"Second, Room 2021" 
"I'm coming" he said, hanging up the phone and getting dressed as fast as he can. He got his phone and his keys, he put on his running shoes and dashed to Chaerin's dorm. He was there in no time, he then ran to the second floor and saw Dara by a door. "Anything?"
"Still nothing" Dara said
"Noona, why don't you go find a utility or anybody that can help us with this door and I'll try to contact her" he said. He called Chaerin while he himself called out by the door, knocking and banging and trying to bust it open. It went on for a few minutes and then turned into an hour. Dara came back empty handed, telling Henry that other set of keys are with the man coming in for the night shift and he hasn't arrived yet "I told them to send the guy to room 2021 when he gets here" she said. 

Exactly 2 hours later, the door bust open. His heart sank to the bottom and he just hugged her. He exhaled, knowing that she's alright then he cupped her face and she said "Henry?" He hugged her again "You got me so worried, I thought something happened to you" he said
"I was in a deep sleep, I'm sorry"
"It's okay babe. Good thing is... you're okay" he said. Dara pushed the both of them in before the whole thing goes dramatic. She got the already cold porridge and heated it, she also stocked her medicine kit and left the two "I'll be two doors down, 2018.. are you gonna be okay? The porridge is in the microwave" She said Henry
"Yeah...Thanks noona" he replied and Dara went on her way. 
Henry then took the porridge, and the medicines and settled it on the table. He put his hand on her forehead and well, she bad a fever. "You should've called" he said, feeding her a spoon of porridge. "I was waiting for your call" she merely replied
"Sorry, I chickened out" he said
"Chickened out? At what?" She asked, raising her voice a little. Henry didn't answer and put a spoonful of porridge in front of her "You haven't answered my question yet" she said. Henry sighed, put the spoon back in the bowl and on the table. He took the medecine and gave it to her "Henry" she said again, now sitting up straight and was closer to him. 

He looked at her for a second, he then cupped her face; he moved his hand to her neck and then he kissed her. He kissed her like they haven't seen each other for 30 years, then he took her in his arms and said the words he's been itching to tell her. "I Love You" he whispered in her ear. He wasn't expecting anything in return. He just wanted her to know that he's serious and also because of the episode earlier he isn't taking any chances. They were silent for a while, Henry broke the hug and leaned back; She was crying and smiling at the same time. He wiped her tears with the back of his hand and he tucked her hair to her ear and then smiled. "You sure you don't want anymore porridge?" He asked, Chaerin then shook her head and he stood up, bringing the bowl with him to the kitchen, put the bowl in the microwave and then checked if Chaerin drank her medicines and she did. Chaerin excused herself to go to the bathroom, he waited for her to comeback and when she did she was smiling. 

Henry stood up, checked on her again, he put his hand on her forehead and realized that she cooled down a little bit. He smiled and he accidentally put his hand on her waist, he pulled it away said "Sorry" and then he looked up. She put her hands to his face, she smiled and said "I Love You too".


A/N : Okay! So for the next chapter, you might find it a little hard to understand but I am telling you now that something happened to ChaeRy. I wrote a version of this chapter w/c I am not going to publish in here but if any of you want the said chapter; you can send me a message here and I shall give you the link via message as well. Reason I'm not putting the link here is because someone might accidentally click it and then be shocked by what it is or bash me for saying that this is s fluff; why am I putting links like that. = All I'm gonna say about it is that, It's not really "ty" since I don't use the "names" of the things but it's more on the y side =